Tyla pleads the 5th about coloured Vs Black on the breakfast club. Her PR person jumps in.

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
I wish this could be a teachable moment from people like Charlamagne (on how race is a social construct, and how SA developed a racial caste system), but he tried to hit her with the gotcha. Oh well.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I read an article she already answered the question before
Then she should've READ what she wrote or she could've been a smart azz and told them to read what she said in the article.

Understand when it comes to radio, silence is like the worst shyt you can ever do. SOMETHING, ANYTHING is better than silence. For her PR to step in, it makes her look unprepared and naiive.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
You know people will still jump on here no matter how she said it

You understand that right?

I understand that clarity is important and looking back at another person will never sit well with me

I personally don't care but that's not how you bring clarity

Are you above simplifying and explaining

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Then she should've READ what she wrote or she could've been a smart azz and told them to read what she said in the article.

Understand when it comes to radio, silence is like the worst shyt you can ever do. SOMETHING, ANYTHING is better than silence. For her PR to step in, it makes her look unprepared and naiive.
We’ll see how the people react but I don’t really expect people to care

I agree wit u tho they coulda took other routes

F*ckthemkids

Superstar
Daps
You angry at me or are you going to point out if anything i said was incorrect?
negged
All i did was explain how it works over here.
but if i were to address how they do it, my opinion is they aint slick. you don't create a new race just by mixing two different ones.
You are just a member of more than one race. You would be black and white. Trying to distinguish your mixed blood as something distinctly its own group is only done by people trying to deny their african ancestry. Nobody who is half asian and half white is calling themselves coloured.

My brotha it's much more complex than that. It's not simply one generation of mixed kids denying one side or the other. This is generations of structured procreation. It's like the Pardo people in Brazil... You wouldn't call them black, but they have African Ancestry in various degrees.

main-qimg-233f02d08873951b659dbabda6f9bf46-lq

main-qimg-fc47172dcb02c0f95841f4bd348f51d2-lq

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I figured you wouldn't have a way to validate your point. Just mad :umad:
simply saying you don't understand how they do it, is a deflection tactic not an explanation for anything, and is also making the assumption we don't already know and simply disagree. Which is actually the case.
Breh, these definitions been in place for a century now. Latin countries have multiple definitions of groups as well such as moreno, mestizo, pardo etc. You sound entitled AF to be telling them they’re doing something wrong or denying heritage because they don’t subscribe to the US’s racist definitions.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In most parts of Africa light-skinned mixed people are just seen as simply mixed/half-caste/mullato.

some even consider them to be just WHITE. :manny:

But only Americans being as self centered as they are expect everybody to their concept of racial categorization.

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand that clarity is important and looking back at another person will never sit well with me

I personally don't care but that's not how you bring clarity

Are you above simplifying and explaining
Breh its gonna casue a shyt storm with is FBA stuff going on its like a hateful cult out there with real black Americans and digital blackface ready to jump on whatever she says

please tell me you understand