Tyla pleads the 5th about coloured Vs Black on the breakfast club. Her PR person jumps in.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
She wasn’t prepared and more than likely doesn’t have the smarts to know the deep backstory behind it and definitely can’t spit out a competent answer off the top of the dome.

She and her team are learning just like Beyoncé and her team did when it comes to not saying much or dabbling in “controversial” topics.

But she’s not a level where her people can make a host not ask something BEFORE they even do the interview. Bet she won’t be back tho.

Daps
Smartest move that could have been made. No answer she could have given would have made sense through our Black American lens so it's better to not speak on it period.

We all know what colored means in South Africa and if you don't, then Google it.

Twyla didn't invent that. That's a system she was born into so why try to blame her for having the lens of the country she was born and raised in?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It’s simple it’s a different way

Fish and chips are just fish and fries 🍟

It’s just how they do it over there

Why is that so hard to understand

When I enlisted in the army the guys from the mid west called soda the word pop

Guys in the south called it a cold drink or a coke even if it was a sprite

Freeze luv said he wore and dikkie suit in Brooklyn he thought he was fresh all Brooklyn cats said he dressed like a janitor or a super

Hope that makes sense on a lower level
You literally just repeated my point but with a bunch of needless analogies :gucci:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I mean they prepared that was her response

See how soon as he asked it she turned around before her agent or manager spoke

They not wit it, now we’ll see how the people respond

That's not a proper response to answer their question and only adds more questions to ask. Her team should have prepared a statement she could either read or memorize.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
so she one of those, i'm not black i'm something else type people?

People try to come up with their own definitions, but always seems to be defined in such a way to distinguish themselves from other black people.
Unnecessary, you can use your nationality to separate yourself from other black people if you feel that way.
As far as americans are concerned you fall into one of these 5 groups.
  • American Indian or Alaska Native.
  • Asian.
  • Black
  • Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
  • White.
First of all you're a fukking idiot.

In South africa there are people who are 100% black and they identify as black. Mixed people over there are categorized as Coloured by everyone. Including black Africans. Colored is a RACICIAL CATEGORY in South Africa.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Why are people so pressed about this? Not every country defines “black” the same, not sure why the internet is up in arms over her calling herself “colored” if that’s a racial designation in her country. Get off her dikk…one min they want everyone to be black the next they excommunicating mixed blacks, they can’t make up their mind either way so who cares what she is?

I agree with you but "they" are different people in different contexts.

FBA's are not kicking out "mixed blacks" tethers are doing that.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Smartest move that could have been made. No answer she could have given would have made sense through our Black American lens so it's better to not speak on it period.

We all know what colored means in South Africa and if you don't, then Google it.

Twyla didn't invent that. That's a system she was born into so why try to blame her for having the lens of the country she was born and raised in?
Because Americans expect everyone around the world to conform and be well versed in everything we do.