Twitter: White men are allowed to be corny. Black men are not?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Don’t listen to black women when they say “a real man does” or black men when they say “a real nikka does” anything, they trying to box you in and square a circle. They trying to drag you down to their standards. I just say “you right, I’m not a real man/real nikka and I don’t want to be :hubie:

And just like that, you’re free from the backwards part of the community that’s in the Dark Ages
Also what women say and do will always be two different things.

Superstar
Daps
how long has this one couple had yall making threads :why:

glad she stopped wearing 10 lbs of makeup

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
That ain't corny breh
Well, the term is super vague when we remove the hood/street/criminal element.

I thought dudes on TLR were contrasting "corny" dudes with hood/street dudes.

Is it less about lifestyle and more about personality? Cause, if so, that could explain why I almost never get called corny despite having a "Blerd" or professional(suit and tie) appearance.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Mb8rpTb.gif

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
In 2023, most people are "corny" if we're defining corny as being a non-thug or a non-street dude.

The majority of Black men who get married aren't thugs. The majority of Black fathers aren't thugs. The majority of Black men in long term relationships aren't thugs. And Black men have the 2nd lowest interracial marriage rate after White men even in the upper classes where 80%+ of Black men have Black wives.

I'm "corny". You're "corny." Drake is "corny." Kendrick is "corny." Idris Elba is "corny." TD Jakes is "corny." Lebron James is "corny." Etc. That's because "corny" is subjective and anyone is capable of getting hit with that label by any random person.

That doesn't automatically mean that you can't get laid, can't get a girlfriend, can't find a spouse, can't have a child, etc. in the Black community. It all depends on the company you keep. If you're hanging out with thugs, hoodrats, baby mamas, IG thots, and drug dealers all day who only value Black men who are in and out of jail or don't work a regular job, then that says more about you than anything else.

I only hang out with Black folks who share my interests whether it'd be deemed "corny" or not.

In reality, being super short, ugly, and socially awkward is a much bigger death sentence for a Black man(or any man) than being "corny." Drake is "corny" and he was a lot of young Black women's favorite rapper at least before the Megan diss.

It's some bizzarro world because TLR is obsessed with making fun of "corny" guys and mocking anything "corny" they do in their relationships. They get called simps, whipped, #GMB gets posted, etc.

There have been multiple times when TLR posters start entire threads based on something corny a Black man has done with his women, where the entire point of the thread is to mock him and say things like, "He shares that girl." The entire implication is that a corny Black man doesn't deserve a woman's respect.

But now this thread gonna pull a 180 and claim that TLR has been pro-corny brothers all along and it's all the women's fault again?

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
1) We as Black Men have put unrealistic standards and paramount pressure on our selves. Young Black Boys, BW, and the world follows suit.

2) Using a random couple online to prove a point that BW have told y’all they don’t care about is redundant. Using this interracial couple to point out the inequality of dating — “how come other races can do this?” especially when it comes to the white man — is downright pathetic.

cut this out. Have some backbone to yourselves (that thread on Twitter and these first few pages)

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
So what was it about my comment that made you mad:jbhmm: are you a white boy who’s self esteem is elevated fukking wenches who hate themselves , are you a wench who fukks white boys maybe a gay black man who does :dame: or are you something even lower, a c00n ass black man mad that I shytted on wenches and their alabaster admirers for some strange reason :russ: I really wanna know
i-gotta-know-remember-the-titans.gif
You invested a lot of thought and speculation into my identity and sexuality.

Just saying. Go easy with that zesty energy.

To answer your question on why I responded to your comment the way I did...

How does for shyts and giggles strike you?

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
It's some bizzarro world because TLR is obsessed with making fun of "corny" guys and mocking anything "corny" they do in their relationships. They get called simps, whipped, #GMB gets posted, etc.

There have been multiple times when TLR posters start entire threads based on something corny a Black man has done with his women, where the entire point of the thread is to mock him and say things like, "He shares that girl." The entire implication is that a corny Black man doesn't deserve a woman's respect.

But now this thread gonna pull a 180 and claim that TLR has been pro-corny brothers all along and it's all the women's fault again?
Breh.....I literally just made a thread about the double standard that brehs have with defending MBJ from being labeled "corny" while justifying Alfonso Ribeiro(Carlton) being labeled such.

Some posters justified it by claiming that Alfonso is actually corny or that he already sold out by marrying a PAWG which ironically proves the point I was making in that thread which was that dudes mostly pick and choose when they want to care about Black men being labeled corny.

There's millions of comments and threads on The Coli and on hip hop podcasts/forums labeling Black men corny, lame, etc. but now we're supposed to act like only Black women label Black men corny? :what:

The crazy thing is, the few times I've been labeled "corny" when I was younger was by other Black men who were trying to act hard and thuggish. Some of the worst ones were actually a few brothers I knew in college who were from the suburbs and were trying to overcompensate by labeling other Black men corny lol.