TV Explained: 4K, 8K, 16K and Why Beyond 4K is Useless

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah bruh :stop: it's the hdr and here's why.

We not getting top of the line 1080p unless we using a bluray. Not too long ago nikkaz was stacking blurays, not the same with uhd content tho. If anything 4k looks better than bluray? It's the use of HDR. That's what makes you go :ohhh:

Tru Story :ufdup:
Nope because even the 4k stuff I watch that doesn't have HDR looks amazing

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Nope because even the 4k stuff I watch that doesn't have HDR looks amazing
Like what? Since HDR is used in anything that is known to wow. Learn me a few thangs whoodi
Tried a few native 4k games like FFXV and didn't see much of a difference from 1080p, already realized I should've just try and build me a pc instead of falling for that most powerful console bullshyt:childplease::sadbron:
So you're basing the power of the x on a ff port that is known to be inferior in quality? You trying too hard

The Special Man

Let’em have it
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA 9th Ward
Like what? Since HDR is used in anything that is known to wow. Learn me a few thangs whoodi

So you're basing the power of the x on a ff port that is known to be inferior in quality? You trying too hard

No shyt nikka :mjtf:

In the words of Lil wayne "I know I fukked up, I admit I fukked up":mjcry:

Don't even remeber when I played xbox man, going for a RTX 2080 pc when I get some extra cash

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
No shyt nikka :mjtf:

In the words of Lil wayne "I know I fukked up, I admit I fukked up":mjcry:

Don't even remeber when I played xbox man, going for a RTX 2080 pc when I get some extra cash
So xbox plus gamepass equal hundreds of options, many chances to see why you don't need that PC :stop: if you not even attempting to try what you already have buying something else should yield the same results. It's not like console games look like nes games while the PC version is like the arcade version. Gamepass is perfect for gamers like you, remember to dap me up after you figure it out :salute:

The Special Man

Let’em have it
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA 9th Ward
So xbox plus gamepass equal hundreds of options, many chances to see why you don't need that PC :stop: if you not even attempting to try what you already have buying something else should yield the same results. It's not like console games look like nes games while the PC version is like the arcade version. Gamepass is perfect for gamers like you, remember to dap me up after you figure it out :salute:

:ufdup:dap pending

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
p
Don't see much of a difference like when I upgraded from 1080p to 4k
It's either:

- Setup issue (TV calibration/settings, view distance, lighting)
- Sources (likely, if all you did was hook up you XB1X and expect night/day, not really gonna happen. Movies are the easiest to tell IMO)
- Your vision isn't right somehow (not making a joke)
- Some combination

I noticed the difference immediately.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
So you deflected on this year's model? Because that is what im talking about, it was revealed at ces just a couple days ago. Inform your friends and the nikkaz who dapped them :francis:
Breh just stop. OLED has better contrast than any LCD based technology at the moment.

Sometimes it is good to admit that you were wrong and keep it moving. Talking about miniLED is better than OLED. Thank goodness you don't sell consumer electronics for a living.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Our eyes in general which have been proven by science to be around 11K-12K for most humans with good eyesight on Earth.

You will notice a difference in sharpness until it reaches that resolution.

Also, when 3D and 4D visuals become perfected with technology the resolution would have to be increased anyway to make up for the field of depth.

This shyt was taught in my school's science class and I barely got a C.:skip:

Can the Human Eye See in 8K?
The difference between pixels and resolution
It’s important to understand that there’s a difference between pixels and resolution. When looking at HD, 4K, and now 8K TVs, the higher you go, the higher the resolution, or total number of pixels. Pixels are the individual points of light that make up a digital picture. For example, an 8K TV has 33, 177, 600 pixels. To note, the term 8K refers to the number of pixels (about 8000) displayed horizontally per line.

However, in human vision, eyes do not contain pixels. The closest comparison would be the rods and cones in your eyes that help you see. What’s more, what you resolve is the picture you are able to put together with your eyes and brain, not what necessarily exists in reality.

What is the resolution of the human eye?
Since the human eye doesn’t see in pixels at all, it’s pretty hard to compare them to a digital display.

But curious minds want to know, if you could compare the two, how many pixels would the human eye likely have? It turns out, someone smart used some pretty complex math and (assuming 20/20 vision) got to 576 megapixels. 576 megapixels is roughly 576,000,000 individual pixels, so at first glance, it would seem that we could see way more than an 8K TV has to offer. But it’s not that simple. For instance, we see in 576 megapixel definition when our eyes are moving, but a single glance would only be about 5-15 megapixels.

Basically after 32K (really 33K) there'll be no point in higher resolutions for flat screen viewing (TV, movies, video games). VR, AR, and holograms are different story.

Forget 8K, are you ready for 32K? - Tech - Mi Community - Xiaomi
bf198855-8a58-4687-898e-eb8201357bea.jpg

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Breh just stop. OLED has better contrast than any LCD based technology at the moment.

Sometimes it is good to admit that you were wrong and keep it moving. Talking about miniLED is better than OLED. Thank goodness you don't sell consumer electronics for a living.
The straight up cockiness is hilarious :facepalm:
I said mini but it's micro led, the first article I believe said mini. Maybe they the same? Not sure, not really important. What is important is the quality of the picture. These new displays are better than oled. This isn't my opinion, it's fact. So will you admit you was wrong? You clearly did not look at either of the two links i provided explaining to you why what you thought is now outdated info. I hope you're not this "sure of yourself" in the real world and this is just some internet impulse dumbassery but i doubt it. Not my problem, just make sure you man up after you find time from your busy schedule to peep a link that has already been provided for you :gucci:
So I was right then?:banderas::troll:
Slow ya roll, this topic has been discussed here many times. I myself have made threads on the topic and the first thing that needs to be addressed is you'll find links supporting all sides of the argument. But the truth is these companies are making billions of dollars off your ignorance. If you believe you can see a difference then you'll be willing to invest.

The research that says you cannot usually comes from reliable sources with nothing to gain from lying. Im certain if you cross check the sources of these stories you'll find the truth. I've already done this, already know the truth. Most of the people on this site that say otherwise only say this because they invested in an oled and feel some type of way about you devaluing their investment :francis:

TCL 6 series and 8 series 2020 models feature micro led which is now king dingaling in the TV industry. Oled aka 4k plasma like plasma during the hd era has come and gone. And just like at the end of the HD era plasma made a comeback. Maybe oled can as well? Micro led is cheaper to produce so it's not likely...

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
The straight up cockiness is hilarious :facepalm:
I said mini but it's micro led, the first article I believe said mini. Maybe they the same? Not sure, not really important. What is important is the quality of the picture. These new displays are better than oled. This isn't my opinion, it's fact. So will you admit you was wrong? You clearly did not look at either of the two links i provided explaining to you why what you thought is now outdated info. I hope you're not this "sure of yourself" in the real world and this is just some internet impulse dumbassery but i doubt it. Not my problem, just make sure you man up after you find time from your busy schedule to peep a link that has already been provided for you :gucci:

Slow ya roll, this topic has been discussed here many times. I myself have made threads on the topic and the first thing that needs to be addressed is you'll find links supporting all sides of the argument. But the truth is these companies are making billions of dollars off your ignorance. If you believe you can see a difference then you'll be willing to invest.

The research that says you cannot usually comes from reliable sources with nothing to gain from lying. Im certain if you cross check the sources of these stories you'll find the truth. I've already done this, already know the truth. Most of the people on this site that say otherwise only say this because they invested in an oled and feel some type of way about you devaluing their investment :francis:

TCL 6 series and 8 series 2020 models feature micro led which is now king dingaling in the TV industry. Oled aka 4k plasma like plasma during the hd era has come and gone. And just like at the end of the HD era plasma made a comeback. Maybe oled can as well? Micro led is cheaper to produce so it's not likely...
:pachaha: