TV Explained: 4K, 8K, 16K and Why Beyond 4K is Useless

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
An OLED is self emissive meaning it can turn off an individual pixel. There are 8 million pixels on a 4k television. That means OLED has 8 million dimmable zones.

Even last years TCL mini LED television with 25k zones performed worse than the Samsung Q90 with 500 zones because of TCLs bad algorithm.
Thanks. Wasn't gonna waste time or energy correcting him:mjlol:

Zones:russ:

OLED GANG BISH:martin:

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
once saw a video where the guy put a dead pixel during the whole video.. never noticed...and it was about why 4k is irelevant....

im still 4k'd up.....

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Our eyes in general which have been proven by science to be around 11K-12K for most humans with good eyesight on Earth.

You will notice a difference in sharpness until it reaches that resolution.

Also, when 3D and 4D visuals become perfected with technology the resolution would have to be increased anyway to make up for the field of depth.

This shyt was taught in my school's science class and I barely got a C.:skip:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every gen we have this, I remember people on here saying dvd was useless when PS2 was about to drop, then they said Blu-ray is pointless when PS4 was about to drop

The only thing I will say though is that the majority of movies are not even filmed in 4k, they're 2.5k then upscaled. 8k can only benefit the gamers

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
So when did look at 8k at length to notice a difference to say that? What image are you comparing? Cuz those 1080p showcase videos look identical to the 4k ones. It's the hdr that makes a difference in these 4k sets bruh.

Speaking of sets and what we know, the 2020 model of thre tcl 6 series and up uses mini led which is BETTER THAN OLED. Oled has 700 zones, mini led has over a 1000. They were unveiled at ces. They will also be next gen ready with things like vrr/etc.

These TVs will still be in thre budget range so expect to pay like 1200 for a 65in

WTF are you talking about ...

Oled Zones ?

:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
An OLED is self emissive meaning it can turn off an individual pixel. There are 8 million pixels on a 4k television. That means OLED has 8 million dimmable zones.

Even last years TCL mini LED television with 25k zones performed worse than the Samsung Q90 with 500 zones because of TCLs bad algorithm.
So you deflected on this year's model? Because that is what im talking about, it was revealed at ces just a couple days ago. Inform your friends and the nikkaz who dapped them :francis:
I got a 4K TV last summer and I can tell the difference it is amazing
It's not the 4k you're noticing, it's the hdr
Thanks. Wasn't gonna waste time or energy correcting him:mjlol:

Zones:russ:

OLED GANG BISH:martin:
Whatever you wanna call it, but don't miss out on the chance to educate yourselves on the subject...
MicroLED vs. OLED: Two hot TV technologies battle for your dollars
Are you saying this article above is untrue as well?
Our eyes in general which have been proven by science to be around 11K-12K for most humans with good eyesight on Earth.

You will notice a difference in sharpness until it reaches that resolution.

Also, when 3D and 4D visuals become perfected with technology the resolution would have to be increased anyway to make up for the field of depth.

This shyt was taught in my school's science class and I barely got a C.:skip:
You barely got a C for a reason :manny:
I'm still waiting for those microLED sets to go down in price. Same quality as oled no burn in risk
2020 series 6 and up bruh....

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you deflected on this year's model? Because that is what im talking about, it was revealed at ces just a couple days ago. Inform your friends and the nikkaz who dapped them :francis:

It's not the 4k you're noticing, it's the hdr

Whatever you wanna call it, but don't miss out on the chance to educate yourselves on the subject...
MicroLED vs. OLED: Two hot TV technologies battle for your dollars
Are you saying this article above is untrue as well?

You barely got a C for a reason :manny:

2020 series 6 and up bruh....
I can't even tell when HDR is being used, I can tell when something is 4k tho

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I can't even tell when HDR is being used, I can tell when something is 4k tho
Nah bruh :stop: it's the hdr and here's why.

We not getting top of the line 1080p unless we using a bluray. Not too long ago nikkaz was stacking blurays, not the same with uhd content tho. If anything 4k looks better than bluray? It's the use of HDR. That's what makes you go :ohhh:

Tru Story :ufdup: