Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
fukking bloodbath on damn near every network:picard: ABC and Fox went headhunting today. Hard out here

I don't watch most of these shows, but I swear this feels way different than past years. Normally they stagger cancellations so it doesn't look like the networks is failing, but damn...

They're even clappin' shyt that they announced was going ahead in the fall.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't watch most of these shows, but I swear this feels way different than past years. Normally they stagger cancellations so it doesn't look like the networks is failing, but damn...

They're even clappin' shyt that they announced was going ahead in the fall.

The Bad Boys spinoff still has a shot. THR says NBC and Sony couldn't come to an agreement on money so you know how that goes. But other than that, you're right. shyt feels like every channel outside of CBS is doing a hard reboot. Glad Black ish and Fresh Off the Boat made it tho:whew:

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps

:hubie:This is the only Lucifer I recognize.
latest

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
This is actually a good thing. Apparently we live in a cord-cutting world where network TV should be able to at least compete and yet all they want to give you are reboots, warmed over old stuff and procedurals. The comedies all follow a formula. Something happens, we fix it. Diversity (of ideas and how to present a story) is not encouraged at all.

They do "comedies" like Black-ish, but are totally devoid of humor and are supposed to be considered good because "yeah, well that's some real ish." I would kill for this generation's Seinfeld or a Married w/ Children with that type of sharp writing, but the networks are afraid even as their ratings go into the toilet.

The only question I have is, if the ratings no longer matter, why does it matter if the writer's have big names? No one is watching these shows for the writer's names. They are watching them for the ideas, characters and storylines. Morris Chestnut just got on a show that is basically the Blacklist but with the genders reversed. Good grief.