Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh ok. Makes sense. I’ll check out channel zero on sy fy. Thx! Do you know anything about the show? Taboo? Any good? Is that Fox too? Or i think it’s F/X?

I watched a couple episodes of taboo but couldn’t get too into it. Been meaning to go back. A lot of cats on here loved it tho. And yeah it’s FX and already got renewed for season 2.

Taboo - Tom Hardy/FX Series (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What's his reasoning for not watching "Atlanta" again?

You could always ask me :russ:

Like I’ve said countless times so now it’ll be countless and 1: I was never a Donald Glover fan so felt no need to watch a show with him starring in it. And as I’ve said I’m sure I’ll watch it one day but keep telling these dudes the more you push me to do something the more resistant I am to doing it. Been like that since I was a kid. But of course this being the internet no one listens :russ:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Because he’s stubborn. He won’t watch it because people tell him he should watch it.

That plus the thing I said on top of it. But “you should watch it because you should watch it” has never ever ever ever worked for me. My boy actually gave a great reasoning to watch it the other day when we were talking. Better than most of you all and he’s not even in love with it but he actually had reasons other than “we say so” but then he also left it at that. He didn’t go all John the Baptist on me. But again that’s my boy he knows me so he knows how I operate

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
fukk Fox mayne :mjcry:

tenor.gif

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I think people forget that at the end of the day, sponsors fund these shows production budgets with their money. If the show delivers below what the Network promises, I think the Network has to pay them back.

That plus the budget of shows make them money losers if they have low ratings, it's not just about quality.

I'm still surprised whenever Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, HBO, or Starz cancels shows though because in theory the subscribers are paying for them even if they don't watch it.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm not sure why yall surprised about the FOX cancellations. this was all predicted once the Disney buyout was agreed upon. Murdoch was going to transition FOX broadcast tv to mostly cheap reality tv and NFL. Shows like Empire and Star still bring in good ratings and but in reality they probably have one more season also since Disney takes over summer 2019.
Can you post an article with that info? I've been ignoring the whole Disney buying FOX saga because I didn't want it to happen.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Can you post an article with that info? I've been ignoring the whole Disney buying FOX saga because I didn't want it to happen.
Disney-Fox Deal To Close By Summer 2019, FBC To Evolve, “Diet Fox” & More Highlights From Fox Town Hall Meeting

21st Century Fox president Peter Rice held the first of two town hall meetings on the lot today to reassure Fox Networks Group staffers amid jitters related to the pending acquisition by The Walt Disney Co. of key Fox assets, including 20th Century Fox movie studio, 20th Century Fox Television TV studio and FX Networks. There were no pressing issues on the agenda, with Rice just providing an update on the process (and also revealing his favorite Disney character — it’s Goofy).

While there had been some optimistic early estimates that the deal, announced last December, could go through regulatory approval faster, Rice told Fox employees that the transaction will most likely be completed by spring-summer 2019 and end of summer 2019 at the latest. That would fall within the conservative 18-month initial projection (The original expectations were that the deal would close in 12-18 months).

The remaining Fox assets, including Fox Broadcasting Company, national sports cable networks FS1 and FS2, Fox News Channel and the Fox stations, will form a new company, previously referred to by Rupert Murdoch as New Fox. Today Rice jokingly called the slimmed-down post-merger group “Diet Fox” in response to a comparison an attendee made between New Fox and New Coke. He noted that the new company will likely be called Fox. Rice expects that management changes at Fox would be announced first — over the next 12 months — because that company has to be up and running on the day the Disney transaction comes through.

Rice also reiterated comments he as well as Fox TV Group chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman had made in the past couple of months that it will be business as usual for Fox Broadcasting Co. but the network will evolve over time while continuing to be “an exciting entertainment network.”

Post-merger, FBC will be separated from 20th TV, which provides 70% of its programming and also dominates its development for next season. While live programming and sports are expected to be a major part of the evolved FBC, as underlined by Fox’s recent deal for Thursday Night Football, the network also plans to license shows from studios, Rice said. TNF makes Fox NFL’s most important partner with 40% of the viewership across broadcast and cable, he noted.

The post-deal Fox will remain based in West LA and Disney will be leasing offices on the Fox lot for the next 7 years. For those moving to Disney, the transition should be seamless, while for those staying, it will be an “exciting time” as the new Fox would be a focused, nimble and well capitalized company set up for the future, Rice said.

Last edited by a moderator:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
cant belive they cancelled lucifer. There's legit nothing on fox for me to watch anymore. Especially if they cancel or do something stupid with lethal weapon (which technically isnt their fault).....when are cable show renewals announced? tryna see if van helsing on syfy is coming back

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
cant belive they cancelled lucifer. There's legit nothing on fox for me to watch anymore. Especially if they cancel or do something stupid with lethal weapon (which technically isnt their fault).....when are cable show renewals announced? tryna see if van helsing on syfy is coming back
The cable networks don't have a TV season schedule like the Broadcast networks do. So they can cancel, renew, & even pickup shows whenever they want to.