Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

I predict now this is getting the faster blade after 1 season.....and that reminds me I'm still mad at Carmichael show getting cancelled :pacspit:

Tuesday was the piffest tv night, but next year ain't lookin so hot

Mick - gone
Fresh off the Boat - fell off, possibly gone
Lethal Weapon - Riggs actor ruined it, possibly gone
Black-ish - fell off and turned into "This Is Us"

Jerrod Carmichael Inks Big Overall Deal With 20th TV

Might have a standing chance, Jerrod Carmichael got a big development deal with Fox. I assume Disney will want to keep talent around for the future.

Blackish and Fresh off the Boat got renewed this afternoon

ezrathegreat

Veteran
Daps
:krs:Lucifer is cancelled!
giphy.gif

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
I think fans take cancellations harder than actors and writers. They so use to switching projects that it's probably just another day in the office for them.

Example this chick that was on the CW show Valor that got cancelled and she already had pilot lined up.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think fans take cancellations harder than actors and writers. They so use to switching projects that it's probably just another day in the office for them.

Example this chick that was on the CW show Valor that got cancelled and she already had pilot lined up.
Actors definitely take it hard. Everybody ain't lucky enough to have something lined up. There's only so many acting jobs

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I'm not sure why yall surprised about the FOX cancellations. this was all predicted once the Disney buyout was agreed upon. Murdoch was going to transition FOX broadcast tv to mostly cheap reality tv and NFL. Shows like Empire and Star still bring in good ratings and but in reality they probably have one more season also since Disney takes over summer 2019.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Ehhh depends. Sure people like Samberg will be fine but the smaller actors may never get a steady gig again,might be the biggest thing In their career

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Actors definitely take it hard. Everybody ain't lucky enough to have something lined up. There's only so many acting jobs

Ehhh depends. Sure people like Samberg will be fine but the smaller actors may never get a steady gig again,might be the biggest thing In their career

I guess you're right about the below mid level actors. I was thinking of the actors from canceled shows who show up in indie movies or as guest stars on another show within the year.

Some even go on Broadway or other theaters around the country. But yeah that's a luxury only few can afford.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Wow surprised at this sudden turn of events with B99 being picked up elsewhere. Everyone was coming out of the woodworks for it yesterday and less than 48 hours later three of the biggest ones say "nah, we're good?"

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Mosby can't catch a break brehs

Wow surprised at this sudden turn of events with B99 being picked up elsewhere. Everyone was coming out of the woodworks for it yesterday and less than 48 hours later three of the biggest ones say "nah, we're good?"

Probably looked at the production budget, there's a reason besides quality why Netflix and Hulu only do 10-13 episodes.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Mosby can't catch a break brehs

Probably looked at the production budget, there's a reason besides quality why Netflix and Hulu only do 10-13 episodes.

They can always shorten seasons like they did with Mindy. It may have been an issue with NBC studios since I believe they do make the show