Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
So it turns out Gotham's fate is tied to Lethal Weapon. If they can find a replacement and get a deal signed for Clayne Crawford by Monday, Gotham is gone. If not, more Gotham.

And aside from all the changes going on at Fox, it turns out a lot of this has to do with football. They've got Thursday Night Football for 4 years so that's going to take up a lot of their Thursday programming so the whole schedule is switched around. And unlike other networks, they don't program for 10 because that's when local news comes on.

Fox Cancellations Explained: Why So Many Shows Got the Ax
Gotham about to get Got?:dwillhuh::mjcry:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Seems like show revivals or shifting networks happen more often now. Are we in a tv show renaissance period? I remember like a decade ago everyone was worried scripted shows were done for because of reality tv taking over, plus the writers strike etc...

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
That shyt costs too much for CW. They’d have to retool it for that. Probably move the show back to Vancouver too.

Fox is going to look a lot different like someone said. They’re going to be a streamlined channel soon so yeah none of the stuff that got the axe there should be a surprise. If you’re not produced by 20th century fox there’s s good chance you’re getting the axe or at least won’t be on the channel for long. Making it easy for Disney or Comcast to do their thing

My only thing is it seems like they don't have a back up plan. The movie studio is still greenlighting new flicks while the TV studio has just tapped out willingly.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Seems like show revivals or shifting networks happen more often now. Are we in a tv show renaissance period? I remember like a decade ago everyone was worried scripted shows were done for because of reality tv taking over, plus the writers strike etc...

Then Netflix and Hulu Plus came out and the TV heads started noticing they could make a second income off shows.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
When they made him a detective I was on the fence but that 1st season was boring as hell.
ahh ok we just have different opinions then. Wouldnt have still been watching it today if i thought the first season was boring. Tryna figure out why he was mortal around the chick alone made it interesting to me

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
They said it was the ratings but they can't count on ratings anymore in this era. The ratings era is over. Only thing putting up big numbers is football and the singing competitions. Besides most people don't watch the show live. Even if I was home and able to watch on a Sunday night, I would rather catch it on Hulu the next day. That's why I have a subscription, to watch the shows that I know I either don't want to watch live or won't be able to. That or people might dvr and just binge watch a few episodes or just wait for the end of the season. I know I've left a few episodes in the queue on certain shows cuz I'm not interested in viewing that week or might miss it and forget. I had like three episodes of Simpsons and family guy piled up recently. Not like those are can't miss tv. They talk about ad revenue from viewers but honestly, who even pays attention to the commercials. You either going to the bathroom or going to the kitchen to get a snack or browsing on the phone. The industry isn't the same anymore and there's gonna be a different experience in the next decade. Times they are a changing.

I agree with you and the networks know this. It's the advertisers who care about live viewing and since they keep the free networks lights on, they follow whatever GM, Apple, Google, etc. want them to do.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Bruh....Expanse is the best thing on SyFy wtf is wrong with that channel?

Not enough people watched. The shyt is really simple at times man. The more people watch a thing, the better it is for them. Shows costs money so even though the model is changing, money is always going to be the bottomline. So when you're ratings are high especially in the 18-54 demo, the money demo, then you're golden. When not? Then you factor in how much money you're spending vs how much money you're taking in. I don't like math but I get that

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
They were pretty low. Most of the prediction websites had it as a toss up at most.

This outcry happens every time a quality show with low ratings happens. Plus Fox just made a Thursday Night Football deal so they had to cut something.

‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine,’ ‘The Mick’ and ‘The Last Man on Earth’ all canceled at FOX
The ratings system doesn’t represent how well a show is received anymore. It’s stupid to continue to base shows life on that. Of course people aren’t watching it’s too many other shows on at the same damn time and it’s too much of an inconvenience to be in front of a tv at a certain time every week.

Reality tv doesn’t get first air ratings like that, they just are cheap to make so it doesn’t matter. Network tv is dead to me from here on.
They said it was the ratings but they can't count on ratings anymore in this era. The ratings era is over. Only thing putting up big numbers is football and the singing competitions. Besides most people don't watch the show live. Even if I was home and able to watch on a Sunday night, I would rather catch it on Hulu the next day. That's why I have a subscription, to watch the shows that I know I either don't want to watch live or won't be able to. That or people might dvr and just binge watch a few episodes or just wait for the end of the season. I know I've left a few episodes in the queue on certain shows cuz I'm not interested in viewing that week or might miss it and forget. I had like three episodes of Simpsons and family guy piled up recently. Not like those are can't miss tv. They talk about ad revenue from viewers but honestly, who even pays attention to the commercials. You either going to the bathroom or going to the kitchen to get a snack or browsing on the phone. The industry isn't the same anymore and there's gonna be a different experience in the next decade. Times they are a changing.

Yea but networks aren’t changing. They are going to continue to suffer and be changing out multiple shows every year if they keep relying on antiquated smarting systems.

Netflix makes billions not caring about ratings. Same with hbo an Hulu, oh well
I can't believe Syfy cancelled expanse, wtf? They really copy the fox mode of broadcasting and make it even shytter, i really fukking hate Syfy after cancelling the expanse and dark matter....
I know right I just started watching that after they canceled dark matter. Oh well I’m no longer interested.

I don’t see how any show gets good live ratings anymore. Appointment tv is not coming back, these networks need to figure out another source of income if they are going to continue to see poor ratings. And Netflix and Hulu will continue you to win cause they basically offer what people have been wanting forever in on demand al a cart style programming. This is why I don’t follow network tv shows, they are too unstable and no matter how much I watch it and like it I can’t count on enough other people to watch with me to keep it on.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
The ratings system doesn’t represent how well a show is received anymore. It’s stupid to continue to base shows life on that. Of course people aren’t watching it’s too many other shows on at the same damn time and it’s too much of an inconvenience to be in front of a tv at a certain time every week.

Reality tv doesn’t get first air ratings like that, they just are cheap to make so it doesn’t matter. Network tv is dead to me from here on.

Yea but networks aren’t changing. They are going to continue to suffer and be changing out multiple shows every year if they keep relying on antiquated smarting systems.

Netflix makes billions not caring about ratings. Same with hbo an Hulu, oh well

I don’t see how any show gets good live ratings anymore. Appointment tv is not coming back, these networks need to figure out another source of income if they are going to continue to see poor ratings. And Netflix and Hulu will continue you to win cause they basically offer what people have been wanting forever in on demand al a cart style programming. This is why I don’t follow network tv shows, they are too unstable and no matter how much I watch it and like it I can’t count on enough other people to watch with me to keep it on.

You're right that's why I wrote in an earlier post that...

the networks know this. It's the advertisers who care about live viewing and since they keep the free networks lights on, they follow whatever GM, Apple, Google, etc. want them to do.

Though cable and Sling include them, network TV is essentially free so they either go to do what the advertisers say or become like PBS and beg us for donations every week.

Also Netflix and Hulu are winning because people are watching licensed content from these networks. If they ever decided to yank them off, I wonder how people would act.

Already seen people say they canceled Netflix when Fox yanked their shows off.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
No one gives a shyt about Quantico :dead:
Denise Hemphill cares
f9c0fcbdcecb238c1ed61eb0cf780411--scream-queens-hit.jpg

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
You're right that's why I wrote in an earlier post that...

Though cable and Sling include them, network TV is free so they either go to do what the advertisers say or become like PBS and beg us for donations every week.

Also Netflix and Hulu are winning because people are watching licensed content from these networks. If they ever decided to yank them off, I wonder how people would act.

Already seen people say they canceled Netflix when Fox yanked their shows off.
That bubble has burst, the whole we are free tv but make up for it through ads buble. If I’m an advertiser why would I even want to pay these networks for ad space anymore? I can’t believe networks haven’t found another way of getting money. The whole system is out dated and it’s not the fans fault anymore that shows don’t get first air ratings. People aren’t as routine as they were back in the day. Families don’t all come home at 6 or whatever and sit in front of the tv. But like I said whatever the issue is I’m over it, I will just rely on cable and subscription services for my tv.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:lupe: I haven't watched 1 episode of "Gotham" this season. But the way y'all talking up this current season, I'm looking forward to watching the current season after the season finales air next week.