Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
That bubble has burst, the whole we are free tv but make up for it through ads buble. If I’m an advertiser why would I even want to pay these networks for ad space anymore? I can’t believe networks haven’t found another way of getting money. The whole system is out dated and it’s not the fans fault anymore that shows don’t get first air ratings. People aren’t as routine as they were back in the day. Families don’t all come home at 6 or whatever and sit in front of the tv. But like I said whatever the issue is I’m over it, I will just rely on cable and subscription services for my tv.

Exactly, I was just telling you from their side of the debate but I'm with you, they should've been found another way to monetize their shows.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So it turns out Gotham's fate is tied to Lethal Weapon. If they can find a replacement and get a deal signed for Clayne Crawford by Monday, Gotham is gone. If not, more Gotham.

And aside from all the changes going on at Fox, it turns out a lot of this has to do with football. They've got Thursday Night Football for 4 years so that's going to take up a lot of their Thursday programming so the whole schedule is switched around. And unlike other networks, they don't program for 10 because that's when local news comes on.

Fox Cancellations Explained: Why So Many Shows Got the Ax

Wait Riggs is leaving? He's the best part of the show. Damn.

Edit: I thought it was weird his character suddenly decided to up and move and was wondering how they'd continue. This is bullshyt

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
Exactly, I was just telling you from their side of the debate but I'm with you, they should've been found another way to monetize their shows.

They have found other ways, i.e. selling foreign pre-sales for international audiences, standard video on demand with distributors, streaming services, etc...

What some people don't seem to realize is that television by and large is corporate welfare. Hit shows pay for the shows that fail, primarily to keep people employed and the town (or towns) working. There are more television shows than ever before, especially for scripted TV. However, if you have the opinion that networks can put stupid shyt like Imaginary Mary (where the lead is talking to a stuffed animal) for six seasons, well you're going to have a problem.

Think about Empire for a second. It was a phenomenon it's first season, but then Lee Daniels had to up the stupidity rather than just tell a dope story about this family struggling to keep their position in the cut-throat music business. It became an LGBT thing, people were "nah, I'm good" and welp there goes that. Rosanne has shown you that there is still an audience watching live television or television within 3 days of airing.

As many people who watch streaming, more people do not even have cable and watch network TV. The issue continues to be the shows. Look at the concepts of the shows. Female Blacklist, Cheers in somebody's backyard, the Jeffersons but with a white guy. You're just doing the same shyt and calling it different and wondering why people don't like this stuff.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
@steadyrighteous this is tv related. Guess what's on Hulu right now? DaddarioWatch:blessed:

In fact, I'm pretty sure the movie flopped because there wasn't enough Daddario

full

Queen Triple D*

*don't even axe me how :wow: