Essential TSC's Official Random News & Notes Thread

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sunday's WWERoyal Rumble show finished at number three on Nielsen's Twitter TV rankings, trailing only CBS's Grammy Awards Show and ABC's "The Bachelor" reality show.

Nielsen calculated a unique audience of 2.430 million for the Rumble, meaning that many distinct Twitter accounts generated at least one tweet related to the Rumble.

The total number of impressions, which is the number of times any tweets about the Rumble were generated, was 27.082 million, which was even higher than the overall second place "The Bachelor."

For the entire week of January 20-26, the Rumble ranked number eight on all of television based on the "unique audience" figure. However, the total impressions for the Rumble for the entire week ranked WWE at number three.

The following are highlights of a recent interview with Kurt Angle from The Sun newspaper in the UK:

On his desire to return to WWE: "I can't say when. My (TNA) contract is up in September and I've left my options open. I'm very happy in TNA.Dixie Carter has treated me very well and always been there for me. But, I can't lie to myself anymore. I can't lie to TNA or WWE. Yeah, there is that desire to go back. I just don't know when. It could be this year. It could be next year. I don't know when."

"It's not a bad thing to stay in TNA at all. I just have some unfinished business in WWE. Whether it's this year or three years from now."

On Hulk Hogan: "Hulk Hogan's a good friend of mine. It was disappointing, but we had to make a company decision. It was, 'Do we keep Hulk Hoganon without the physicality of wrestling?' Because it seemed like Hogan wasn't going to wrestle anymore. And, 'Will he benefit the company?' I believe he was benefiting the company,"

"I think that any amount of money he wanted was worth getting him, but the company at the same time had to make a business decision and decide if they wanted to keep him and pay him the big money or if they wanted to get rid of him and find some younger talent."

On Sting's departure from TNA: "Sting is the cornerstone of the company. Kurt Angle is not. A.J. Styles is not, as much as people want to say is the Face of the Company or Kurt Angle has helped the company more than anyone. Sting has always been our cornerstone and the man. He's your go-to guy. To lose him is about as bad as it can get."

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Source: Pwinsider.com

WWE is taking steps against independent groups running WrestleMania 31 weekend in Santa Clara, CA.

According to the deal that that the WWE made to run the event there,WWE has locked in a no-compete with all city owned facilities in the market as well as several larger hotel chains. Due to this, promoters who usually run conventions and wrestling shows over WrestleMania week have been told that non-competes won't allow any wrestling events to be held in those venues.

Petty is an understatement...and don't say this is a business move because there's no way and indy show will remotely affect Wrestlemania

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Apparently Batista upset some company officials within WWE with the way he handled the reaction he received in Pittsburgh on Sunday night following his Royal Rumble victory. As noted, Batista yelled at fans and flipped them off after the show went off the air on Sunday night.

-- Randy Orton was said to be "extremely angry" backstage following his match with John Cena at the Royal Rumble. Apparently the crowd reactions on Sunday didn't only get under Batista's skin, but "The Viper's" as well. One fan who was sitting ringside said Orton mumbled something along the lines of "worst crowd ever" to John Cena during their match. Cena replied with "don't worry about it."

And this is why Cena will hold his position folks......he has a better poker face..............and he's a troll

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
WWEShop.com has released new Ryack and Sheamus t-shirts.

-- WWE is still planning on pushing Daniel Bryan despite what occurred at last night's WWERoyal Rumble pay-per-view. At this point, they have to run with it whether they want to or not.

-- The cast of "Educating Yorkshire" did the Daniel Bryan "YES!" chant on stage after winning an award at last week's UK National TV Awards.

-- There was a lot of talk amongst fans leaving the CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA last night about how bad WWE's current booking is. As you'd expect, the general reaction wasn't good.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
- The latest from the former Sin Cara is that WWE won't return his phone calls and he has no idea if he's still employed.

xzbitlol.png

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
We noted earlier today that Rob Feinstein of RFVideo.com is reporting Sting has signed a WWE Legend's deal, however it is unknown when Stinger will be making his debut with the company.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
- Part-time WWE star "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson tweeted Wednesday that he is "putting the final touches" on a new TNT series titled, "Wake Up Call."

Rock described the show as "Helping families thru tough times with love, new opportunities & a few ass kickings. Excited for the show... and I get to drive my personal pick up truck!"

- Rock tweeted earlier this week that he is also working on a second book, which would follow his 2000 best-selling book, "The Rock Says."

"Just started writing memoir #2.. #ChasingGreatness," Rock tweeted Monday.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
- WWE Superstar JTG, who rarely tweets, commented on the Matt Hardy and CM Punk stories with a reference to former WWE Diva Lita, who both men dated. JTG wrote:

"Cm punk leaves WWE ? Matt Hardy arrested ? Sounds like a former Diva is really into American Horror Story Coven. #Idonttweetbutwhenido...."

look at this fukn idiot.. u would figure someone like him who hardly has to do anything but keep collecting that check would lie low and mind his own business but now all of a sudden he wants to speak his mind.. King Vince is about to be reminded this dude is still employed.. and thats not a good thing,

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
- WWE Superstar JTG, who rarely tweets, commented on the Matt Hardy and CM Punk stories with a reference to former WWE Diva Lita, who both men dated. JTG wrote:

"Cm punk leaves WWE ? Matt Hardy arrested ? Sounds like a former Diva is really into American Horror Story Coven. #Idonttweetbutwhenido...."

look at this fukn idiot.. u would figure someone like him who hardly has to do anything but keep collecting that check would lie low and mind his own business but now all of a sudden he wants to speak his mind.. King Vince is about to be reminded this dude is still employed.. and thats not a good thing,

Last time he tweeted he got fed to Ryback and Cole was like "lets see him tweet about that" :laff:

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Jan-Nov. 2013 Average Viewer Change By Segment Released:
BfBdHnHCUAA3icb.png

:ohmy: at all those gains Paul Heyman is getting in 2014! :ehh: Now I see why they always show Vickie & Maddox on TV always.:ohhh: So Seth Rollins is the biggest draw out of the 3 in the Shield? :mjpls: :dwillhuh: at Curtis Axel gaining viewers. :snoop: Dammit Truth and smh at :mjpls: at Naomi. :manny: I guess Stephanie & Vickie>the whole Divas division. :laff: So Curtis Axel, Ryback, & Maddox draw more ratings than Orton. :smugfavre: Filed & understood.

Last edited: