Essential TSC's Official Random News & Notes Thread

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
those rockers matches were pretty good...I don't recall much of the barbarian and haku vs. rockers but i'd watch it again.

Looking at that line up it seems Mr. Fuji had a big problem with the rockers :heh:
they weren't good..those matches were basically card fillers,unfortunately the rockers were never paired with one of the more skilled teams at mania like the Hart Foundation or Strike Force,they always had to carry the other team.
I just find it suprising these make the dvd since they're subpar

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
they weren't good..those matches were basically card fillers,unfortunately the rockers were never paired with one of the more skilled teams at mania like the Hart Foundation or Strike Force,they always had to carry the other team.
I just find it suprising these make the dvd since they're subpar
point taken. The undertaker dvd had his awful matches too though...so, i'm not that surprised

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
Some highlights from the Q&A

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...-regarding-hall-nash-a-waltmans-uk-appearance

Scott Hall telling a story about how Vince McMahon tried to explain the Goldust/Razor feud to him – and Vince using the line “It reminds me of my first homosexual experience”.

Kevin Nash claiming Steve Austin had told him he felt “nothing” after his Hall of Fame induction, and that Nash finds the HoF lacking credibility with wrestlers such as Koko B Ware & Edge in, whilst other more deserving guys are not.

A very funny line from Sean Waltman on cutting Michael Hayes ponytail – “When I cut it the whole thing cam off in my hand and the plane erupted in the biggest pop you ever heard, it was like Hulk Hogan had came through the curtain on the plane.”

Scott Hall joked openly about his troubles, from joking about the amount of women he meets in rehab, to asking a fan to bring him up his beers, and pretending to drink from Nash’s bottle of red wine when he forgot what he was going to say.

When Hall was describing his recent recovery he came over as very humble and genuine. Nash had tears in his eyes, whilst Waltman was visibly sobbing – Hall then took a standing ovation from the audience.

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
http://www.digitalspy.ca/ustv/s216/...d-heel-has-to-be-an-a$$hole-and-thats-me.html

WWE Alberto Del Rio: 'A good heel has to be an a$$hole - and that's me'
In an age of fast-moving titles at the WWE, Alberto Del Rio can be proud of holding on to the World Heavyweight Championship for an impressive 133 days.

His reign came to an end at Hell in a Cell with the shock early return of John Cena, but Del Rio will attempt to regain his crown at Survivor Series later this month.

Ahead of the WWE Live event at The O2 last week, Digital Spy went head-to-head with Del Rio in a London hotel to ask him all about it.

John Cena took your Heavyweight title at Hell in a Cell - why is it going to be different at Survivor Series?
"Last time I was in the ring with John Cena I got a little bit cocky because I thought he was hurt and he was not 100%. But as we all know he's a great athlete and he was ready for me and obviously I was not ready for him, but it's going to be different."

Cena divides the WWE Universe like no-one else, why is that?
"Because he's important. He's been the face of the WWE for years and years. Every time you have a guy like that, that's what happens. It's the same in any other sport. In football you have Real Madrid, you either love them or hate them. Here it's the same with Manchester United."

Both you and John have at one time had the Heavyweight title and the WWE Title - what do you think about the idea of unifying the belts?
"Of course that can happen, but I don't think it's something that we need right now. I think it's okay if we've got the WWE Title with one person and the World Heavyweight title with another one. That way you have two different storylines and you're talking about two major titles to be defended and be present in every single pay-per-view."

You were the first Mexican-born WWE Champion - what was that like?
"It was fantastic. My family is proud of all the things I have accomplished. My country's completely proud of me because like you said, I'm the first one, and I don't know if there's going to be another one. We have a lot of Mexican-Americans with a lot of talent. I'm sure we're going to have another Rey Mysterio in the future, I just don't know when.

"For Mexicans it's really difficult to find another one doing what I'm doing for a lot of reasons. Not for talent because there's a lot of talented wrestlers in Mexico. Just the fact that the styles are so different and they have to come here and adapt and change and learn the language and have the guts to perform over 200 shows per year. It's pretty difficult. I see some other Superstars in the future, but I don't know when."

How hard was it for you to adapt for the in-ring stuff when you came to America?
"For me it was pretty easy because I'm from Mexico but I didn't start in Mexico, I started in Japan. My first six months were in Japan, then I went to Mexico and then went back to Japan. I had the opportunity to wrestle all the wrestlers from the United States, Europe and Japan when I was there.

"Then I went back to Mexico and a few years after, the WWE found me. Because of that the transition for me from the Mexican and Japanese style to WWE style was pretty easy. I just needed to work on a few things, that's why I was in the FCW [Florida Championship Wrestling] performance center for a few months and the rest was pretty easy."

We've still not had a WWE Champion from the UK - William Regal and Wade Barrett think it's overdue - will it ever happen or will the Americans never allow a British champion?
"You think they're happy to have a Mexican WWE Champion?! Nah, it's going to happen. Wade Barrett is going to be a WWE champion one day, I'm 100% sure of that. I just don't know when, but he's going to have one of the major titles in the future. After that you guys can be proud of Wade Barrett for the rest of his life."

WrestleMania 30 tickets are on sale now - it's a while away yet, but do you know where you want to be and what you want to be doing in New Orleans?
"To be honest, no. It's the same for everybody else, we don't know what we're going to be doing. I know I'm gonna be there, that's for sure. I'm going to be in one of the main matches. I don't know if it's going to be for one of the major titles or if it's going to be against one of the important Superstars from the WWE, but I'm definitely going to be there."

You've been a good guy and a bad guy out there - which is more fun?
"I love being the bad guy. I think that the audience prefer me as a bad guy. That's the reason we don't have too many good heels in the company, because to be a real heel you have to be a little bit of an a$$hole in real life, and that's me.

"I'm a good person. But if you mess with me I'm the biggest a$$hole in the world. That's the reason I'm playing the character so well. Plus being the bad guy you control everything - you control the ring, the audience, your opponent, and I like to be in control. So being the bad guy."

Do you have a favorite Survivor Series memory?
"All the pay-per-views are special for me because I was there either defending my title or trying to get the title. It's the same for WrestleMania, I know that's the Super Bowl for us but my first WrestleMania was fantastic because it was the first one against Edge. The last one was great too, because I was defending the title against Jack Swagger."

The WWE has changed so much, from the beginnings through the Attitude Era to today - where do you see it going in future? More international styles?
"Oh, that's going to happen, because now we're a global company. In the Attitude Era it was just American wrestlers, with a few guys from Europe and Mexican-Americans, but they weren't doing anything spectacular.

"Back then the company just had one market, and they were working the United States. Now the market is the world, so they have to have wrestlers from everywhere to have sponsors from those countries, to have followers from those countries. That's why I see more and more and more world Superstars coming to WWE.

"At the moment in NXT, the performance center, we have over 100 talents. They're getting ready. Some of them are going to have the chance to be with us in the main roster, some of them are going to be fired probably in two or three months, but that's the story in every single sport."

You've toured around the world - what's it like going back to Mexico as a champion?
"It was amazing. Just the fact that you can go there with the title and tell everybody in your country, 'I made it. I'm on top! I'm better than any other luchador wrestler in Mexican history'. Of course my favorite wrestler was my dad [Dos Caras] but my uncle Mil [Máscaras] is the one who made a lot of money, who had a big mansion and cars and he was always traveling around the world. I always grew up watching him and dreaming of that.

"Today I can say I passed my uncle in an incredible way. I have all of that. Thanks to the WWE I have money, I have houses, I have cars, I have traveled the world. All my family including my uncle Mil are proud of me. My country's proud of me, so every time I go to Mexico I can tell them, 'I'm your champion. I'm the one representing the lucha libre style around the world'. It's great."

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10034437.shtml

Being in Bad Influence with Kazarian:
“It all came around when Frankie and I decided to tag together about 2 years ago. We saw the writing on the wall about the tag team division in TNA, Beer Money had just split up and the Motor City Machine Guns had been injured, so we figured there wasn’t a whole lot of stuff going on with us in terms of the singles ranks so we decided to give being a tag team a shot and TNA let us do that and got us involved with the whole storyline with AJ Styles. While that was going on, Frankie and I just decided to be ourselves on camera, on the microphone and in the ring. We’re pretty smart-ass/snarky guys backstage, we’re always goofing off and being ridiculous and we just put that out there in front of the camera and we were fortunate enough that the fans responded to it and latched on to it. It’s just really been a matter of going out there and really, in my mind anyway, go out there and even if it’s just a 30 second promo or a backstage vignette or whatever it is, try to do something where it catches peoples’ eye or catches their ear or gets them talking so hopefully at the end of the night, after two hours of Impact Wrestling, one of their high points is ‘Oh Christopher Daniels did this’ or ‘Bad Influence did this’ or ‘Frankie Kazarian did this’ and that’s been the goal. We’ve been trying to be noticed out of the two hour shows and be talked about.”

Reinventing yourself over the years: “Well the wrestling part of it, not to diminish it, but that’s not really the hard part, to be honest. I’ve always tried to, in terms of physical action, keep myself at a certain level and been fortunate enough to work with guys that push me to stay there. But it’s been the in-ring stuff that I’ve been trying to sort of, not capitalize on, but concentrate on a little bit just because that has always been the criticism against me, that I wasn’t a ‘character that people could get behind’ or whatever the case may be. And so I decided to heck with all that and I was just going to have fun and I’ve been fortunate enough that people have caught on to it and have enjoyed it and the more that they enjoy it or the more that there’s a buzz about it, the more I’m going to continue to do that.”

If he is a comedy character: “I don’t really feel like I’m doing comedy, per say. I play off of guys a certain way but I don’t really do a lot of comedy in the ring. I’m just being a smart-ass and people laughing at it but I hope they’re also getting annoyed at it and that they want to see me get my comeuppance in the ring. I’m not trying to be like a Santino character where it’s all comedy all the time or mostly comedy all the time, but I’m still trying to be that smart-ass wise guy that people want to smack around. So I don’t feel like comedy is the basis of my character but if I have to be or I want to be entertaining, especially in things that aren’t in-ring related, it’s easier to get people to enjoy what I’m doing by trying to be entertaining versus being the angry, serious, ‘I’m gonna get you’ guy.”

Influence of Indy Wrestling on his career: “Working in as many different promotions as I did in the past I felt like it helped me become well-rounded and versatile. I wasn’t sure who I was going to wrestle at any given moment, and it was always different guys in different places and different promoters, so it made me become comfortable in myself to the point where it didn’t matter who I wrestled that I could get a good match and make the promoter happy that he had booked me for that particular spot. Part of that is now that I’m with TNA, I’ve become so comfortable with the guys, but at the same time they are the best in our company. Those are the guys that are pushing me to stay in top shape and continue to learn and continue to grow as a wrestler. I think that part of the Indies is being trained on the Indies and making you that versatile and it’s going to get you prepared to step up and get into the national spotlight quicker than staying in one place and wrestling the same people over and over and over again.”

If he is disappointed about TNA possibly leaving the full time road schedule: “It’s not disappointment, we understand the game. We gambled and went out on the road and I think there were positives and negatives to that move. I felt like it definitely freshened up the look of our product and being in front of new fans every night I definitely felt the energy when we were going live and traveling around. But at the same time, we have to do what’s best for the company, and if that means going back to a central location, and taping certain times and getting on the road when we can, then that’s what we need to do. Impact Wrestling is in it for the long haul, they’re not looking to burn out all at once, we’re trying to stay in it long term, and these are the decisions that are made above my head in terms of the long term benefit of our company. So it’s not disappointment it’s more of an interest to see where we go from here, how we’re going to be received when we go back to Orlando for the next set of tapings that we do, and see what happens. It all depends on the product we put out. No matter where we are whether we’re in Orlando or where we are on the road, the most important part is the storylines and the wrestling and are we trying to hook that fan base into continuously coming back and making us a priority to watch.”

Thoughts on playing Curry Man: “It was just different. It was part of being entertaining. Whether I was the Fallen Angel trying to be entertaining by being the serious wrestler out there to win every match and get all the titles or just Curry Man being the guy that was out there having fun and bringing smiles to the fans’ faces, it didn’t matter to me it was a matter of getting people’s attention and trying to get them involved and get them invested in the wrestling. So it didn’t matter to me whether it was the serious guy or the comedy guy, if I was getting people involved and invested in watching wrestling then it’s a win-win situation for both of us.”

If he thinks TNA should try to bring back Hogan: “I think Hogan, with his name, brings something to the table at TNA. The real question is how much is it worth and how much do we pay for that? When you say there could be improvements made, like how much money do we put towards those improvements? And how do you make those improvements? Those are questions that our creative team and the guys that are running the ship are asking themselves every day and I think if it was a set plan I think we would have followed it but it’s something where we have to try different things and do different things. So they’re trying different things and trying to see what sticks and see what profits us best and if they decide that Hulk is profitable, not just monetarily but investment-wise, then great but that’s something they are going to decide.”

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Daps

7PHX

Pro
Daps
Why aren't the tag champs called gold n rhodes? or dust n rhodes

Gang$tarr

sohh coli since 2001
Daps
If you wanna know the whole story behind the last year of WCW, and its sale , READ THIS.

I would've made a thread, but its a LONG article. Trust me though, if you got some time, take a look.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1860685-an-oral-history-of-the-last-wcw-monday-nitro

Vince bought WCW for only $4.2 million :mindblown::damn: $1.7 million of that was their video catalog. :wow:

Heartbreaking

The fact it was purchased for so cheap with so many people who would have paid if they had known shows it was shady as fukk

WCW got fukked by AOL TimeWarner, they just wanted to get rid of it.

If it wasn't for that, they would have restructured and weathered the storm and we would probably still have a legit fed with history around today