Overall Rating

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws

Vs Triple H Summerslam 1998
Vs Lesnar Summerslam 2002
Vs Austin Mania 17

The whole “Rock wasn’t a good worker” narrative is such bullshyt in MY opinion.

Dude sold an ass whooping in a very distinctive manner to the point you can picture him selling as I’m typing this. That matters.

call it comical, sure. .. call it overselling at times. .. fine. call it what you want but you remember it well . ..

people can’t mention the Stone Cold Stunner without saying “remember that one time Rock sold it like . ...”

Had fire as a babyface, great facial expressions whether on offense or defense.

.. had a REAL mean streak (Royal Rumble 1999)

Did people actually care when you were in the ring after all is said and done?

If yes then I dunno how people say he wasn’t a good worker.

Didn’t want or need to see flips or chain wrestling from a guy that size. ..

tell me a story.

He always did.

:manny:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC

Rock vs. HHH at Summerslam 1998. It's one of my personal all-time favorite matches period, and my favorite ladder match ever. Only thing I would have changed about it is the result, because that match really signaled the arrival of the Rock, to me. Not to mention … as much as I stan for ladder matchers, far too many of them, in my opinion, are built around spots and shyt you can do with the stipulation. These two had a brutal, physical match while using the ladder as a complement to the overall story/violence and not as the story itself. To this day I get :ohlawd: when I hear 'DO YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING??" start thumping through the MSG speakers while HHH is trashing that drumset.

Honorable Mentions:
- Rock vs. Mankind at Rumble 99. Solely for :picard: This shyt was Brock vs. Cena at Summerslam before Brock vs. Cena at Summerslam. Though it was much more even early on, I've never seen a heel go over that emphatically. Not to mention, a brilliant idea for the finish.

- Mania 17. Don't even need to get into it. Y'all know what time it is.

Daps
Reppin
LDN
I wish I could neg you again. You negged me for disagreeing with your opinion. Hypocrisy.

tumblr_matcekFz4v1r270ozo1_250.gif

I negged you because you said the Rock was "one of the GOATs" and then rating him 1/10 because he might get a higher score than Shawn Michaels :mjlol:

My alias voted 10 anyway so your temper tantrum means nothing :umad:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Vs Triple H Summerslam 1998
Vs Lesnar Summerslam 2002
Vs Austin Mania 17

The whole “Rock wasn’t a good worker” narrative is such bullshyt in MY opinion.

Dude sold an ass whooping in a very distinctive manner to the point you can picture him selling as I’m typing this. That matters.

call it comical, sure. .. call it overselling at times. .. fine. call it what you want but you remember it well . ..

people can’t mention the Stone Cold Stunner without saying “remember that one time Rock sold it like . ...”

Had fire as a babyface, great facial expressions whether on offense or defense.

.. had a REAL mean streak (Royal Rumble 1999)

Did people actually care when you were in the ring after all is said and done?

If yes then I dunno how people say he wasn’t a good worker.

Didn’t want or need to see flips or chain wrestling from a guy that size. ..

tell me a story.

He always did.

:manny:
Back in 2001, right before Vengeance...the Raw before I think..they did Rock/Trish vs Angle/Vince..when the Rock got that hot tag, I swear I could of had a heart attack with the way he did the speed ass whooping on Angle...one of the funniest things I've ever seen..that damn Smackdown in the corner and the flip off during was just perfect. Lol.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps

Austin vs Rock at WM 19. In-ring wise it wasn’t better than the other two, but the story surrounding it was great. The video package was incredible and you can tell it was being built as a closer. Austin’s “I need this Rock, I need this more than you’ll ever know” was iconic. That match was also a testament to the star power in the WWE at the time, especially compared to now.

CapitalOne

Do You Believe...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Dat916nigga

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Rock/Austin WM 17

Y’all already know

The buildup, the “My Way” video package, and the match itself with two of the greatest to ever do it. Even down to the great commentary by JR/Paul E. Everything about it was pro wrestling at its absolute best :banderas:

And we’ll never see anything even close to that ever again :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Back in 2001, right before Vengeance...the Raw before I think..they did Rock/Trish vs Angle/Vince..when the Rock got that hot tag, I swear I could of had a heart attack with the way he did the speed ass whooping on Angle...one of the funniest things I've ever seen..that damn Smackdown in the corner and the flip off during was just perfect. Lol.

Gonna peep that match again this afternoon.

Should be good for my stair master session.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC