Try to do the 40 yard dash casually vs a former NFL player and end up in a wheelchair brehs

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Y’all under 40 athletic brehs just wait…

:sas2:

We ALL think because we stay in shape that we can still do everything we used to do (dunk, race, etc.). Y’all gon’ see. I was limping around this bytch a couple weeks ago after doing a HIIT workout my ass had no business doing. Luckily I recovered in 3 days, but limping around for that long had me felling…

:flabbynsick::mjcry:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a 41 year young vreh, i starting hooping again this summer after a 8 year sabbatical from balling.

Coupla weeks ago, Ran my first full court on a friday evening (back 2 back games at that!) and was out for the whole weeknd. Never felt soreness like that in my life. Didnt injure shiit but felt debilitated as fidduck.

But i am impressed that i could somewhat hang w these twenty somethings… but once that adrenaline disippated and i got home, you boy was a human noodle.

My name might be Doin2Much… but i really shouldnt be doin too much.

Flabby but swaggy gang!!!

But see a lot of y'all are doing this self fulfilling prophecy shyt with no nuance

You started this with saying you hadn't hooped for 8 fukkin years:dead: what you thought your basketball muscles were gonna stay fresh until you were ready to hop back on the court?:mjlol: you was Doin2Much William:mjlol:

In every in of these threads, shyt outside of this thread as well, nikkas attribute too much to age and too little to lack of activity

Nikkas go from running and playing outside everyday as kids, playing sports in high school, to sitting down all day at work then sitting down all evening at home until they sleep and wake up to repeat the cycle. Then when they do their first significant physical activity in years and wake up sore as fukk they go :francis: a nikka getting old mane"

:dead::dead::dead:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
“What was I thinking?”

To quote the great Weebay Brice

“Thinking is what you wasn’t doing!”

That’s the tricky part about being in your 40’s your mind and your ligaments have a tendency to get into sudden disagreements about things like speed and changes in direction

Kev’s future telling of this in a bit will be great though. Glad he’s “ok” relatively speaking

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kev messed up for not warming up. I’m pretty sure Ridley did some stretches at the crib when he woke up in the morning.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
it’s both!

not speaking to you directly but until folks hit 40 themselves they won’t understand…obviously not the case for everyone over 40 but in general your body will remind you of your limitations past a certain age when it comes to certain things…I was half ass playing ball with some students so I wasn’t going too hard…at the end of the game they started trying to see who could touch rim…now I hadn’t done that in years…but I said lemme show these kids I still got ups…and I did…jumped straight up and tapped the rim…but my back on that landing tho :sadcam: I played it off well enough for them not to notice :sadcam:
This. If you're into athletics on your 40s

You have to stretch. You have to stretch.

We did a Brazillian Jiu-jitsu warmup where we kick our legs up and then kick them out about 6 inches off the ground. I think I got a slight tear in my damn groin from not stretching before the warmup. Kevin probably lift weights but don't stretch.

Get rekt.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“What was I thinking?”

To quote the great Weebay Brice

“Thinking is what you wasn’t doing!”

That’s the tricky part about being in your 40’s your mind and your ligaments have a tendency to get into sudden disagreements about things like speed and changes in direction

Kev’s future telling of this in a bit will be great though. Glad he’s “ok” relatively speaking
You indirectly bring up a major point in fitness

People don't train ligaments. Literally NO one but maybe gymnasts.

Everyone hyperfocuses on muscle training but neglect the importance of our ligaments relationship to the muscles.

Imagine if your fanbelt was a big ass rubberband. Now take your car and try to do 60mph, hell try to do 40:mjlol:. When we hyperfocus on muscle and neglect our ligaments you diminish the value of both, and if you have these overdeveloped muscles with underdeveloped ligaments, you're on borrowed time if you're trying to do intense activity

In Kev's case he most likely had undertrained abductors, combined with even more likely undertrained ligaments, and decided to do one of the most explosive activities you could do:russ:

And as far as ligament train goes, isometrics:wow: Again there's a reason why gymnasts are so outrageously strong and kinesthetically sound

Last edited:

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
The 40 mark is real. I had my first big injury when I turned 41. At that point I was running a lot, doing Ninja Warrior training, spartan races, playing basketball 3 times a week and yoga. I didn't think I would ever get hurt and then I ran up the Warped Wall and tore my calf muscle bad. Didnt even make it half way up. Was out almost 3 months. Now I only do basketball, run, and yoga regularly. The first couple of years after the injury I was always scared to tear it again.

:flabbynsick:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
This is what awaits you "I can beat a professional" clowns here. Kevin hart IS in shape. He's been on the cover of health magazines and he's the fastest person he knows among his other athletic friends but he's not a professional.

To be at the NFL or NBA level you have to be the best of the best. It's not a game, it's WORK. These guys are clocking in every morning and training and running drills all day until its time for the game. Competing against a pro is a "I'll defend myself in court. I don't need a damn lawyer" type beat.