Try to do the 40 yard dash casually vs a former NFL player and end up in a wheelchair brehs

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Y’all under 40 athletic brehs just wait…

:sas2:

We ALL think because we stay in shape that we can still do everything we used to do (dunk, race, etc.). Y’all gon’ see. I was limping around this bytch a couple weeks ago after doing a HIIT workout my ass had no business doing. Luckily I recovered in 3 days, but limping around for that long had me felling…

:flabbynsick::mjcry:
ive found that massage is REALLY important over 40 (for me at least)

if I dont roll or have my legs rubbed problems start appearing

the only other major difference is the body seems to be way more sensitive to the food you eat and the sleep you get.

if I dont eat clean I feel that shyt for a few days.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I hate when dudes who do a thing do everything to avoid doing that thing

i.e.

Kevin hart stopped trying to be a comedian and is just this weird celeb goofball
I think you would relate more to Russell Peters. He's a good comedian

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I've seen 20yo elite athletes tear shyt running the 40 when they weren't warmed up enough.

If you're old, and you're not that great an athlete, then you REALLY shouldn't try to hit peak performance until your body is completely ready for it.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
ive found that massage is REALLY important over 40 (for me at least)

if I dont roll or have my legs rubbed problems start appearing

the only other major difference is the body seems to be way more sensitive to the food you eat and the sleep you get.

if I dont eat clean I feel that shyt for a few days.

I use a Theragun and vibrating platform. Those have been game changers for my recovery.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Man i need someone to send this video to tmz.

But anyways this reminds me of my dad and uncles talking shyt about who was better playing basketball back in the day at a family reunion.

Yo they found a YMCA that let them in before they closed and they played 2 on 2.

First play of the game my dad go to rim lays the ball up and tears his acl.

This dude on the ground screaming. Me and my cousin was rolling so hard.

We pushing this fool around in a wheelchair the rest of the weekend
Be evil, brehs...

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Being in shape is not that binary. There are levels and varieties

You don't just do explosive shyt like impromptu 40 yard dashes without proper conditioning. You gotta cater your specific muscles to your specific actions

With hip abductors specifically injury is more likely because most non professional athletes rarely, if at all, ever focus on hip abductors

While we're at it here's TO running a 4.3 at 48

how do I focus on hip abductors?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Being in shape is not that binary. There are levels and varieties

You don't just do explosive shyt like impromptu 40 yard dashes without proper conditioning. You gotta cater your specific muscles to your specific actions

With hip abductors specifically injury is more likely because most non professional athletes rarely, if at all, ever focus on hip abductors

While we're at it here's TO running a 4.3 at 48

Yeah, this is an overlooked fact. Brehs going into the draft literally change up their whole training regimen for the combine. And even then, there's always a few guys that come out of the combine with strains and pulls. Just trying to run a 40 straight off the street in your 40s is fukking dumb. :mjlol:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The 40 mark is real. I had my first big injury when I turned 41. At that point I was running a lot, doing Ninja Warrior training, spartan races, playing basketball 3 times a week and yoga. I didn't think I would ever get hurt and then I ran up the Warped Wall and tore my calf muscle bad. Didnt even make it half way up. Was out almost 3 months. Now I only do basketball, run, and yoga regularly. The first couple of years after the injury I was always scared to tear it again.

:flabbynsick:

PPL OF ALL AGES
GET fukkED DOING NINJA TRAINING
AND WARPED WALLS.

ACHILLES/CALD TEARS ARE A
COMMON THING ON THE WARPED WALL.

YOU BEING 40 IS MORE
OF A COINCIDENCE.

:devil:
:evil:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
This is what awaits all the brehs that swear out they can beat a current/former athlete at any kind of athletic event.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I’ll be fine come that age this shyt sure does scare a nikka though :lupe:

33 so I still got 7 yrs of high intensity shyt(currently nursing a foot injury should be good in a month hopefully)
fukk that ima be 50 stil’ running 10ks under 50 mins with ease(or maybe under 60 mins) :damn: