Truth Is This. They Know, But They Don't Care, The Only Solution Is A Black Renaissance.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
To OP,

Thing about that is... Black people tried that in Tulsa, Oklahoma... "The Black Wall Street" and guess what the white folks did? They bombed us. Airplanes and everything.

http://www.blackwallstreet.freeservers.com/The Story.htm

They burned it down to the ground. There's plenty other instances in history where black folks tried to come up but had to deal with the KKK. My solution is to get the hell out of this country.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Well for one. I look at groups that popped off that Ferguson movement and see if they can help with spreading that essay around. We have a bunch of people on the coli have everyone post the essay on their social media outlets. That's a start.
Not this version. Im working up a better copy. I'll give it to you guys when Im done. This version is sort of like a rough draft, even the profanity needs to be taken out. This was for the forum. Im gonna work on a fresh version, and then I'm gonna post it on TC. I'll show you guys it first.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
Thing about that is... Black people tried that in Tulsa, Oklahoma... "The Black Wall Street" and guess what the white folks did? They bombed us. Airplanes and everything. They burned it down to the ground.
That was in 1921. The world has changed a lot since then. There won't be anything blatant like that happening this time around. If there was ever a time for a black come-up it'd be now. Because while things are still unfair and fukked up. theres never been a point in time in our history where black people have been in such a position of power. It's more about establishing a mindset than it is creating a new black wall street. We need this idea to infect their minds and spread like a fukking cancer until they get it.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
The best description of Black Wallstreet, or Little Africa as it was also known, would be liken it to a mini-Beverly Hills. It was the golden door of the Black community during the early 1900s, and it proved that African Americans had successful infrastructure. That's what Black Wallstreet was all about.

The dollar circulated 36 to 100 times, sometimes taking a year for currency to leave the community. Now in 1995, a dollar leaves the Black community in 15-minutes. As far as resources, there were Ph.D.'s residing in Little Africa, Black attorneys and doctors. One doctor was Dr. Berry who owned the bus system. His average income was $500 a day, a hefty pocket change in 1910.

During that era, physicians owned medical schools. There were also pawn shops everywhere, brothels, jewelry stores, 21 churches, 21 restaurants and two movie theaters. It was a time when the entire state of Oklahoma had only two airports, yet six Blacks owned their own planes. It was a very fascinating community.

The area encompassed over 600 businesses and 36 square blocks with a population of 15,000 African Americans. And when the lower-economic Europeans looked over and saw what the Black community created, many of them were jealous. When the average student went to school on Black Wallstreet, he wore a suit and tie because of the morals and respect they were taught at a young age.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Convincing the masses breh???

People have been pushing this shyt for 15 years, setting up programs and doing everything you mentioned...

And sadly:wow:. nikkas are ungrateful as .fukk. sometimes they even take free shyt and bounce. Sometimes they work against you. And most blacks never get it... too concerned with survival and entertainment.

So the masses??

Yeah, whoever can crack that nut better be well organized because they'll have the federal government on they ass heavy :wow:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Not this version. Im working up a better copy. I'll give it to you guys when Im done. This version is sort of like a rough draft, even the profanity needs to be taken out. This was for the forum. Im gonna work on a fresh version, and then I'm gonna post it on TC. I'll show you guys it first.

Where are you gonna publish it when you're done? I would post it to my facebook but I only got 8 friends :mjcry:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

My post applies to the finished product. Are you going to be putting examples like Tulsa in the essay. I know how that made me feel when I first read about it. And I know most people don't know about black wall street. We have to show that black people can not only own business but we have the capacity to create industry. Create a way of life that we make independent of CAC thought. That's what makes me feel powerful.. Knowing we can create what we think is powerful.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I know, it will prove to be difficult. But theres a solution, and theres a way. There always is, and Im going to figure it out.

Peace yall.

I remember when I had that optimism. It was right after I started reading up on Malcolm X :banderas:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Idk. What do you think?

Im very interested on ideas. After 15 years of real work at this... and hundreds of years of other black people working on this...

This is a fukkin conundrum.

I hop on every good cause and if op pops anything off ill support 100%'''

But ...

Idk. After being at this a while I only came up w one thing. Focus on kids under age 14. But id like to hear any other ideas

Yeah, I've only been at this for about 5 years and I've come to a similar conclusion. We really are in the fukkin Matrix breh, and most of us have no desire to wake up :mjcry:

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
There's going have to be a split. Us people with the pro black mind set have to start moving and let the ignorant be infected by our blackness.

I've suggested forming a type of Union or organization. You should peep the thread I had going about the membership card.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
\
My post applies to the finished product. Are you going to be putting examples like Tulsa in the essay. I know how that made me feel when I first read about it. And I know most people don't know about black wall street. We have to show that black people can not only own business but we have the capacity to create industry. Create a way of life that we make independent of CAC thought. That's what makes me feel powerful.. Knowing we can create what we think is powerful.
It'll be on a thoughtcatalog, and I'll attempt to get someone i know to get it on elitedaily as well. Im gonna put everything that I have as a writer into the essay, so I'll be doing a lot of research over the next few months.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pulling people out the matrix works best when you focus on a smaller group and it spreads. I've noticed educating a couple friends is more effective long term. Put that word on peoples minds outta love and it will have an effect.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
On the real I've been thinking nikkas who really believe in this do for self shyt should look into purchasing a short wave radio station or something. The church I went to as a kid was pretty small but they had an FM station as well as a shortwave station to broadcast around the world.

It's pretty expensive though and we'd have to figure out how to monetize it but at least we'd be able to reach the masses of the people for free.

doublenegative

I Heard A Dope Beat
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
The Song Maker and the SK 5
***NO QUOTING THE ENTIRE SELECTION BREHS. REPLIES AND SMALL QUOTES ONLY, PLEASE***

***THIS WILL BE AN ARTICLE/ESSAY/OPEN LETTER AND I WILL GIVE THE COLI A SHOUT OUT IN IT WHEN ITS PUBLISHED***

I think I found my calling in life. This is a long read, but it's worth it.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that we as a people want the wrong thing. Essentially, all the marching, protesting and even killing, are tactics that we're using to raise awareness to our living conditions, and everyday experiences. And then I contemplated over a chai latte, raise awareness for what? They know. No amount of unarmed black deaths, or kumbaya songs, or rap songs from conscious rappers, or a Black President will change that. It just sort of hit me. They already know. They know there's a system in place to hold us down. They know that they create the conditions that turn us into the statistics that they use to argue just how bad we are for this country. They criticize the things they create. They know that they create the stereotypes that our children follow, and reenact over time. They know that we hate that we have to be compared to them in order to get any recognition and that we hate the fact that everything that we do is held up against their standards. They know that we hate how that whenever they do things that are hurtful, racist, or just plain vile, blacks are expected to turn the other cheek. to ‘move on’, to ‘not take it so seriously’, to not react, to not be angry, to not hold them accountable. These are all things that they know already. They know that we hate that no matter how many times they are shown definitions, theories, and entire books on racism, what it is, how it is used, and it’s occurrences throughout society, they continue to say that they can be racially oppressed for being White.

The problem is that we want the wrong people to care.It's always been the biggest problem and why so many leaders have failed with their objectives. Because the goal was to get white people to understand that shyt they already understand. They've never cared, and after all of the things that we have faced in this country, from slavery, to lynchings, to profiling, if they were going to care by now, they would have. They aren't going to feel bad about our problems in this system, when they are on the other side of it enjoying it's perks. The very reason that we fail, is the very reason that they succeed, so expecting them to care, or better yet trying to convince them to care is counterproductive. It won't happen. What we need is to raise awareness among OUR PEOPLE. Let them know, that yes, things are unfair, yes, you'll have to work harder than them, yes you are supposed to fail, and yes they don't care and they never will, but you have to go and get it anyway.

They bring up these statistics about us. How we take up a small percentage of the population of the country, yet commit the majority of the crimes, without knowing that Those statistics hold very few truths, and a look further inside will prove that. Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman might be a good enough micro analogy for me to explain why. Black people and other countercultures understand that George Zimmerman was wrong because he perpetrated a situation that would not have occurred otherwise. White people, however, can only see the result. What's The answer to the flawed statistics they use? The answer is simple, WHITE PEOPLE perpetrated the situations that invoke Black people to commit crimes at the rate that they do. They have ZERO understanding of what it means to be Black. They don't have grandmas and grandpas who teach that going to college is dangerous because that is something that only White people do. Their ideology stemming from the fact that White people did not allow Blacks equal education while they were growing up, and in fact, receiving an education could result in death. Names like Highway Ross (Rick Ross) registers nothing to them. Most would think Im talking about the rapper. But if they weren't ignorant and understood who Highway Ross was, they'd understand why Blacks got the stereotype of being drug addicts and dealers. But I am not going to sit here and provide them a list of why their life differs from ours, their "statistics" portray that. Which further makes my point. In a truly FAIR society, you would not see out of proportion statistics like you have mentioned. And if anyone is so naive to believe we DO live in a fair society, they are only WHITE, IGNORANT and just annoying as usual.

Why do we care what they think of us? We shouldn't care because we already understand that they're coming from a completely different experience and mindset than we are. They're not speaking out of experience but out of theoretical statistics and what they think 'should' be the case, not what is the case.
The system is just that, a system. Any system can be overcome, and broken. We need to stop complaining about it, and try to get everyone on the same page. The system HAS LIMITS. The issue is that we want the system to change, and it won't. Because The insanity is generational. Its been so deeply embedded into this country through years that it won't change with war. It won't change with protest, and it won't change with raising awareness to whites because they don't care. America is a failed blueprint. The original blueprint consisted of free labor from blacks, and free money for whites. For that reason alone, the fact that their entire blueprint for this country was built upon enslaving, and robbing blacks of their human rights, is the sole reason that they'll never let it go. Because every time they see a nikka in a Benz, they are reminded of what could have been, and what should have been in their eyes. So the closest they can get to seeing you in chains, is profiling you, and setting conditions to put the chains in your mind.

The solution is simple, but complex. We need a Black Renaissance. A Black Golden Age. Stop trying to get white people to understand, stop trying to get them to understand the black struggle, because they never will because black struggle=White success. Literally. We need to ACCEPT the system in order to beat it. When I say accept, I don't mean that we need to be okay with it. I mean that we need to understand that it's there, and understand that it can be beat. Let them know that they are supposed to be statistics and let them know that our bottom is not their bottom. Get them to understand that they are a living blueprint for White Supremacy. That's the word and memo we need to spread. This will never change with killing cops or marching, this will only change with change. Letting them know the statistics, and MAKING sure they don't become them. I found my calling, and this is what I want to do. I want to lead a black a Renaissance.

We've been aiming for white acceptance and understanding, and not black acceptance and understanding. We've been fighting to be heard, instead of blocking them out completely and building. Which is why you see areas like "ChinaTown" and other race exclusive places in this country. They aren't always looking for white acceptance because they aren't targeted and hated like we are. They don't waste time trying to be white, they build themselves because they understand being white isn't anything special unless you make it so. You think its a coincidence that the only race of people that were truly enslaved in this country, are the ones who are disenfranchised? Its not. We keep trying to break it down, instead of figuring it out and beating it. fukk white appeasement. fukk getting them to "understand". They ALREADY KNOW. We've been spending so much time worrying about "The Man" instead of knocking him on his ass. We've been screaming "Look At What You're Doing, Let Us In!" Instead of "Look At What We're Doing, We'll Make Our Own" .This is the only way. Anything else is temporary. We need a golden age, a period of black excellence. A period of everyone understanding that they are supposed to fail, and then allowing themselves to allow it to happen. We need to raise awareness among eachother, not awareness to them.

This is the truth. And the only solution.

:blacksalute::blacklawd::blackblessed::blacksalute::blacklawd::blackblessed::blacksalute::blacklawd::blackblessed::blacksalute::blacklawd::blackblessed::blacksalute::blacklawd::blackblessed::blacksalute::blacklawd::blackblessed::blacksalute::blacklawd:

5 stars. Period.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
There's going have to be a split. Us people with the pro black mind set have to start moving and let the ignorant be infected by our blackness.

I've suggested forming a type of Union or organization. You should peep the thread I had going about the membership card.

We definitely need to be a part of an organization, every last one of us. Our power is in our numbers, but right now we are extremely fractured. Zo Williams had a discussion on the topic about black economic empowerment and played this clip during the break. It explains exactly why we need to be organized:

Starts at 14:58