TRUSTED SONY SERGEANT FATBOI EXPOSES SATANIC XBOT PLAN TO MANIPULATE PUBLIC OPINION: DISGUSTING

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
I had that shyt on at work like ":mjlit:......:patrice:......:what:......:martin:......:shaq2:" had to actually be productive instead of watching that snoozefest.

Sony still got top notch games in the pipeline. Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, and Final Fantasy 7 Remake on PS5 :banderas:. Not to mention God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Spider-Man performance gains :banderas:

Did yall already forget about Knack 3 :ahh:. If we get another infamous or sly cooper game :damn:
Knack 3?:dahell: When did 2 come out ?:why:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Great breakdown. Both of these consoles are innovating. I like it.
I'm telling you breh, the ps5 may be weaker on paper, but that memory solution is very fukking impressive in terms of future development potential.

They really dropped the ball on this announcement tho, and they need to fix this BC shyt real fast. Microsoft ain't dropping another dud, so they need to cut the bullshyt.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
fukk:snoop:

It’s physics breh.

The RAM moves data at 448GB/s
The SSD moves data at 9GB/s at MOST for compressed data.

There is no I/O unit that can magically turn 9GB/s into fast enough to be RAM.

And again Xbox has the same advantages with its SSD

You still didn't watch the video.
:snoop:

They aren't just using any existing I/O unit. They built a custom unit that is designed to bypass current SSD reads.

People on the internet can speculate on the shyt all day, but sony has literally said they designed it to read data off the drive fast enough to bypass ram.

If that ends up being a lie, then we'll see when it launches, but dont act like I'm misrepresenting what mark cerny said when that's exactly what he said.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
fukk:snoop:

It’s physics breh.

The RAM moves data at 448GB/s
The SSD moves data at 9GB/s at MOST for compressed data.

There is no I/O unit that can magically turn 9GB/s into fast enough to be RAM.

And again Xbox has the same advantages with its SSD

John Linneman isn’t getting the whole picture being that from what is being said this shyt isn’t standard. It’s custom built to do things the PC just normally wouldnt do. I wanna see how this actually translates to gaming.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
John Linneman isn’t getting the whole picture being that from what is being said this shyt isn’t standard. It’s custom built to do things the PC just normally wouldnt do. I wanna see how this actually translates to gaming.
I never said otherwise, and neither did he. He says right in the tweet it’s highly customized

But if we are gonna post Digital Foundry videos to prove a point, then what he says in that tweet is very relevant.
Both the series X and PS5 have custom SSD solutions that will not be available for off the shelf PC setups.

You still didn't watch the video.
:snoop:
That’s dude from the DF video telling you Xbox will be doing similar shyt.

They aren't just using any existing I/O unit. They built a custom unit that is designed to bypass current SSD reads.

People on the internet can speculate on the shyt all day, but sony has literally said they designed it to read data off the drive fast enough to bypass ram.
No they didn’t. You are understanding it wrong.

They even showed a diagram showing how it would be the things behind you, that it may take a second to load off the SSD that will be held there. Then as you turn around that stuff will be loaded to the screen/ram.

The SSD is way too slow to hold things that are on your screen or that you can interact with.

If that ends up being a lie, then we'll see when it launches, but dont act like I'm misrepresenting what mark cerny said when that's exactly what he said.
I’m saying you are misunderstanding it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just saw that ray tracing will be a lot weaker and PS5 GPU will run at ~ 9.5Tflops most of the time.

Ram is much slower too.

This may be a bigger gap than anticipated:huhldup:

Why you think he spent 30 minutes talking about the SSD and skipped over everything else?

Drink the Sony Kool-Aid brehs :mjlol:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Just saw that ray tracing will be a lot weaker and PS5 GPU will run at ~ 9.5Tflops most of the time.

Ram is much slower too.

This may be a bigger gap than anticipated:huhldup:

Why you think he spent 30 minutes talking about the SSD and skipped over everything else?

Drink the Sony Kool-Aid brehs :mjlol:
Where did u see that? Cause that’s what I was concerned about.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Where did u see that? Cause that’s what I was concerned about.
Apparently the way RT works on the amd cards is that it’s tied to the CU count.

PS5 having 36 and Series X having 52 means series X will have more power dedicated to RT.

Notice Mark Cerny only spent a brief second talking about RT

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Apparently the way RT works on the amd cards is that it’s tied to the CU count.

PS5 having 36 and Series X having 52 means series X will have more power dedicated to RT.

Notice Mark Cerny only spent a brief second talking about RT
Interesting. Time will tell. DF said this wasn’t supposed to be a tech talk in the first place by Sony. It was supposed to explain Sony’s vision to developers.

Typical Knicks Fan

F-ing Knicks.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York
they fukked up that message bad. It is fully backwards compatible with PS4 games, it's the BOOST MODE that is only working on like 100 titles. you basically get legacy mode, the way it plays currently on the ps4, on the PS5 for now. Only the load times will be substantially reduced, but that's it. :yeshrug:
That's not what they said on the blog.

Unveiling New Details of PlayStation 5: Hardware Technical Specs [UPDATED]
ETaSXYBWkAEJczj.jpg

Looks like it's a case by case basis and they will pick over time which ones will work.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I never said otherwise, and neither did he. He says right in the tweet it’s highly customized

But if we are gonna post Digital Foundry videos to prove a point, then what he says in that tweet is very relevant.
Both the series X and PS5 have custom SSD solutions that will not be available for off the shelf PC setups.

That’s dude from the DF video telling you Xbox will be doing similar shyt.

No they didn’t. You are understanding it wrong.

They even showed a diagram showing how it would be the things behind you, that it may take a second to load off the SSD that will be held there. Then as you turn around that stuff will be loaded to the screen/ram.

The SSD is way too slow to hold things that are on your screen or that you can interact with.

I’m saying you are misunderstanding it.
They talk about how both consoles would benefit from SSD, but then they talk about how sony went further in developing a I/O unit to bypass the bottleneck of current read speeds. To the point that Sony is claiming that the system's I/O unit can literally use the SSD like ram.

That's what they're claiming breh, they showed a diagram of how the I/O works traditionally, then mark talked about how their I/O unit differs in the way it accesses data.

That's literally what mark talked about, maybe you didn't understand it. That's what they claim, and until that's proven to be a lie, I'm gotta take their word over random Twitter accounts.

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
I would have liked to seen a 1TB standard...

:skip:

I bought both consoles last gen. I even upgraded my X1 to an X1S when it came out.....

My xbox got almost no play last gen outside of titanfalls and gow4.

I was on my ps4 and pro later pretty much exclusively by the end of the gen.

Gotta say on paper the specs looking a little light but I was around in the SNES sega 16 bit wars I know how specs alone dont always make a better product.

:patrice:

I was pretty confident in being Playstation only this gen but now I'm not entirely certain brehs

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They talk about how both consoles would benefit from SSD, but then they talk about how sony went further in developing a I/O unit to bypass the bottleneck of current read speeds. To the point that Sony is claiming that the system's I/O unit can literally use the SSD like ram.

That's what they're claiming breh, they showed a diagram of how the I/O works traditionally, then mark talked about how their I/O unit differs in the way it accesses data.
Again that’s the same guy from the video saying Xbox will do the same thing.

If you are gonna use the DF video, then you can’t dismiss that tweet.

That's literally what mark talked about, maybe you didn't understand it. That's what they claim, and until that's proven to be a lie, I'm gotta take their word over random Twitter accounts.
It’s not me that’s misunderstanding anything.

It’s clearly you that doesn’t understand how RAM works in tandem with storage and the processors.

What you are claiming is physically impossible, and not what Mark Cerny even implied.

I will leave you with a question. You don’t have to know anything about any of this stuff to answer.

If Sony developed a special I/O controller that could make the SSD act as ram, then what do they need actual ram for?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Again that’s the same guy from the video saying Xbox will do the same thing.

If you are gonna use the DF video, then you can’t dismiss that tweet.

It’s not me that’s misunderstanding anything.

It’s clearly you that doesn’t understand how RAM works in tandem with storage and the processors.

What you are claiming is physically impossible, and not what Mark Cerny even implied.

I will leave you with a question. You don’t have to know anything about any of this stuff to answer.

If Sony developed a special I/O controller that could make the SSD act as ram, then what do they need actual ram for?

The dude in the tweet nether confirmed or denied anything that was said. He only agreed that both consoles would be fast.

Mark cerny literally talked about the "rule of 16" when developing a new console and talked about how due to the I/O unit, theres no need to follow that rule.

Clearly mark cerny spent a good amount of time explaining how they are changing the way RAM and storage are handled on the ps5.

Maybe they want to use the RAM for priority data while loading less prioritized data from the SSD since its probably still slower over all.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

This is the diagram they showed when mark cerny was explaining how the ps5 could tranfer straight off the harddrive.

gsmarena_003.jpg

Notice how it literally says "in some ways more like ram"