TRUSTED SONY SERGEANT FATBOI EXPOSES SATANIC XBOT PLAN TO MANIPULATE PUBLIC OPINION: DISGUSTING

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Maybe they want to use the RAM for priority data while loading less prioritized data from the SSD since its probably still slower over all.
They gave you the numbers the SSD works at 9 GB/s for compressed data. The extra I/O controllers are there to compress/decompress data on the fly to reach that speed.

The RAM works at 448GB/s

It’s not the I/O controllers that will change the way games are developed.

It’s the SSD speed, and Xbox SSD is plenty fast enough to do the same type of stuff.

Everything on your screen is “priority data” and has to be stored in RAM that’s how computers work. A HDD isn’t fast enough to get the things that are just out of your view to your screen/ram in enough time so that stuff also has to be held in ram.

With a SSD you get to use more of the RAM for priority data on your screen, while the stuff just out of view can stay on the SSD cause it’s fast enough to get it to the screen/ram when you need it.

That’s how game development will be fundamentally changed. And it will hold true for both consoles.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is the diagram they showed when mark cerny was explaining how the ps5 could tranfer straight off the harddrive.

gsmarena_003.jpg

Notice how it literally says "in some ways more like ram"

“in some ways”

Not “bypass ram” as you were saying earlier. This diagram literally shows the SSD feeding the RAM, not bypassing it.

Notice it says the RAM will hold the data for the next second of gameplay. That’s your priority stuff. The SSD is not fast enough to hold that stuff. It will hold the stuff beyond that second, and feed it to the RAM.

In the past the RAM would have had to hold a lot more than the next second of gameplay cause the HDD was to slow to get data in and out in that short period of time.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Everything on your screen is “priority data” and has to be stored in RAM that’s how computers work. A HDD isn’t fast enough to get the things that are just out of your view to your screen/ram in enough time so that stuff also has to be held in ram.
:snoop:

He literally said what he said breh.

gsmarena_003.jpg

It literally says in the diagram that the SSD can act like RAM in some ways.

This is obviously something that's never been tried on PC so I dont know why you're talking about how it works on pc.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
“in some ways”

Not “bypass ram” as you were saying earlier. This diagram literally shows the SSD feeding the RAM, not bypassing it.

Notice it says the RAM will hold the data for the next second of gameplay. That’s your priority stuff. The SSD is not fast enough to hold that stuff. It will hold the stuff beyond that second, and feed it to the RAM.

In the past the RAM would have had to hold a lot more than the next second of gameplay cause the HDD was to slow to get data in and out in that short period of time.
He literally explained how data could be read straight from the SSD without RAM, while this diagram was up, and you're saying that's not what he meant?

:gucci:

Clearly not all data, but they are literally claiming the shyt is fast enough to load from the SSD.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He literally explained how data could be read straight from the SSD without RAM, while this diagram was up, and you're saying that's not what he meant?

:gucci:

Clearly not all data, but they are literally claiming the shyt is fast enough to load from the SSD.
The data is going straight from the SSD to the RAM it’s right there in the diagram. I know you can see:beli:

What they are claiming is the SSD is fast enough to hold and load data that would otherwise have to be stored in the RAM if the system had an HDD. In that sense it does “in some way work like ram”

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll believe it when I see it. Indie devs have been doing unique and interesting gameplay mechanics just fine for years now. The idea that AAA games are stagnant in design because they don't have an SSD just seems ridiculous to me. Are these new ssd games going to skip the slow moments of you just walking and listening to the character talk to further the story? Those don't seem like load issues, they seem like a over reliance on narrative issue and I don't think that's going to change because of the ssd.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'll believe it when I see it. Indie devs have been doing unique and interesting gameplay mechanics just fine for years now. The idea that AAA games are stagnant in design because they don't have an SSD just seems ridiculous to me. Are these new ssd games going to skip the slow moments of you just walking and listening to the character talk to further the story? Those don't seem like load issues, they seem like a over reliance on narrative issue and I don't think that's going to change because of the ssd.
That’s the type of stuff that will go away. Long elevator rides. Forced walking sections etc. that stuff exists to hide loading. They will find better ways to give you narrative.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The data is going straight from the SSD to the RAM it’s right there in the diagram. I know you can see:beli:

What they are claiming is the SSD is fast enough to hold and load data that would otherwise have to be stored in the RAM if the system had an HDD. In that sense it does “in some way work like ram”

Go to 17:50, dude is literally talking about how they managed to bypass the bottlenecks of the SSD transfer speeds to read straight from the ssd.

Rewind to 13 minutes, he begins to talk about the the benefits of SSD and the limitations, then talks about how they bypassed the limitations to get 22gb transfer speeds straight from the SSD.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was pretty confident in being Playstation only this gen but now I'm not entirely certain brehs

Yup.

Phil has one job...justify the price of the XSX over the PS5.

The game comparisons are gonna need for the XSX to blow away the 5.

to be continued..... this fall :beli:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
That's not what they said on the blog.

Unveiling New Details of PlayStation 5: Hardware Technical Specs [UPDATED]
ETaSXYBWkAEJczj.jpg

Looks like it's a case by case basis and they will pick over time which ones will work.

If it's true that only 100 PS4 games will be ready out of the box come Holiday 2020, I doubt people are making the jump right away. Even if all the games people play right now are on there, why take the risk? Let's say I bought a game from Japan that hasn't been localized and while it's not that popular, it's a gem. There's no guarantee the PS5 is going to run that. If the blog is more accurate than what Mark Cerny is saying, most people are going to stick with the PS4 for at least another year. At the very least, not many people are going to trade in their PS4 or their Pro for a PS5. Not unless that person's catalog is entirely made up of those Top 100 games.

But, surely they must've known that people would feel iffy about this. So I'm interested in what the PS5 as a product has to offer and what their next move is. If this is what we're going into for the next-gen, surely they must have some really strong next-gen titles ready to go along with the announcement.

As for PS1-PS3 backwards-compatibility... Who knows. But it's not looking likely. I think if the PS5 manages to have a full BC from all previous generations, that would be one hell of a home run and maybe that's their trump card. We'd have to see, but I'm keeping my expectations tempered when it comes to that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Go to 17:50, dude is literally talking about how they managed to bypass the bottlenecks of the SSD transfer speeds to read straight from the ssd.

Rewind to 13 minutes, he begins to talk about the the benefits of SSD and the limitations, then talks about how they bypassed the limitations to get 22gb transfer speeds straight from the SSD.

“There’s no need to have a bunch of data parked on system memory”

That’s the benefit, that’s what I’ve been trying to explain to you. The advantage is that data that would normally have to be stored in ram can be stored on the SSD freeing up the Ram to hold more stuff that you can actually see and interact with. The stuff that you can see and interact with HAS to be stored in ram. They may be able to “pull it directly from the SSD and use it” but ultimately anything that’s gonna stay on your screen and be interacted with has to be parked in the RAM, the CPU/GPU can’t store data.

For anything to be on your screen it HAS to be in RAM. That’s the way computers work. There’s no other way. That’s it.

and like I said Xbox Series X will do the same stuff.

Digital Foundry said:
In last year's Project Scarlett E3 teaser, Jason Ronald - partner director of project management at Xbox - described how the SSD could be used as 'virtual memory', a teaser of sorts that only begins to hint at the functionality Microsoft has built into its system.

On the hardware level, the custom NVMe drive is very, very different to any other kind of SSD you've seen before. It's shorter, for starters, presenting more like a memory card of old. It's also rather heavy, likely down to the solid metal construction that acts as a heat sink that was to handle silicon that consumes 3.8 watts of power. Many PC SSDs 'fade' in performance terms as they heat up - and similar to the CPU and GPU clocks, this simply wasn't acceptable to Microsoft, who believe that consistent performance across the board is a must for the design of their consoles.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

The form factor is cute, the 2.4GB/s of guaranteed throughput is impressive, but it's the software APIs and custom hardware built into the SoC that deliver what Microsoft believes to be a revolution - a new way of using storage to augment memory (an area where no platform holder will be able to deliver a more traditional generational leap). The idea, in basic terms at least, is pretty straightforward - the game package that sits on storage essentially becomes extended memory, allowing 100GB of game assets stored on the SSD to be instantly accessible by the developer. It's a system that Microsoft calls the Velocity Architecture and the SSD itself is just one part of the system.

"Our second component is a high-speed hardware decompression block that can deliver over 6GB/s," reveals Andrew Goossen. "This is a dedicated silicon block that offloads decompression work from the CPU and is matched to the SSD so that decompression is never a bottleneck. The decompression hardware supports Zlib for general data and a new compression [system] called BCPack that is tailored to the GPU textures that typically comprise the vast majority of a game's package size."
Pretty much the same stuff :ohhh:

TruStyle

All Star
Daps
Yup.

Phil has one job...justify the price of the XSX over the PS5.

The game comparisons are gonna need for the XSX to blow away the 5.

to be continued..... this fall :beli:

Since people only focus on bigger numbers that's all they will see is Xbox better.
I'll wait to see the hardware perform.

If Sony comes in 100 USD cheaper than xbox it will seriously threaten their position....

Day 1 sony 100%.....maybe xbox too.