TRUSTED SONY SERGEANT FATBOI EXPOSES SATANIC XBOT PLAN TO MANIPULATE PUBLIC OPINION: DISGUSTING

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s the type of stuff that will go away. Long elevator rides. Forced walking sections etc. that stuff exists to hide loading. They will find better ways to give you narrative.
Oh yeah the elevators will be gone but I think the walking sections will remain because its used for narrative pacing in addition to loading. The idea that the movie like pacing structure that games have was just a by product of slow hard drives doesn't sound believable to me.

My prediction is that in games like God of War would completely bypass stuff like the realm travel room. Instead of going into some slow but pretty loading screen room you would just pull some stone out that puts a map in the space in front you like a HUD and then you instantly travel there. I don't think the SSD is going to get rid of stuff like the exposition walk you have with Freya before you open the realm travel room just because games are so narrative heavy and its easier to give that player that information during downtime.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The problem is that 99% of gamers don’t have a clue about the technical side of things, and I include my self in that category. All we see are numbers and it’s easy to think the higher the number the better. I was watching Digital Foundry last night and they really opened my eyes to that side that I never really paid that much attention to.

Also, I guarantee you this, all this teraflop nonsense will be forgotten once we start seeing the games. Just think of what the developers did this gen with 1.8TF PS4 and what they could do with 10.2TF plus the SSD innovation. It’ll be insane :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh yeah the elevators will be gone but I think the walking sections will remain because its used for narrative pacing in addition to loading. The idea that the movie like pacing structure that games have was just a by product of slow hard drives doesn't sound believable to me.

My prediction is that in games like God of War would completely bypass stuff like the realm travel room. Instead of going into some slow but pretty loading screen room you would just pull some stone out that puts a map in the space in front you like a HUD and then you instantly travel there. I don't think the SSD is going to get rid of stuff like the exposition walk you have with Freya before you open the realm travel room just because games are so narrative heavy and its easier to give that player that information during downtime.
From an actual developer:

What John is saying sounds pretty right to me! I don't want to down play GPU power, but I promise everybody that you will be absolutely blown away by visuals on both consoles. However, the SSDs are the big difference when coming into this gen. We're not talking about "load times" in the classic sense. That's an antiquated way of thinking about data coming from your hard drive. For the last 10+ years we've been streaming worlds on the fly. The problem is that our assets are absolutely huge now, as are our draw distances, and our hard drives can't keep up. It means that as you move through the world we're trying to detect and even predict what assets need loading. Tons of constraints get put into place due to this streaming speed.

An ultra fast drive like the one in PS5 means you could be load in the highest level LOD asset for your models way further than you could before and make worlds any way you want without worry of it streaming in fast enough. The PS5 drive is so fast I imagine you could load up entire neighborhoods in a city with all of their maps at super high resolution in a blink of an eye. It's exciting. People don't realize that this will also affect visuals in a big way. If we can stream in bigger worlds and stream in the highest detail texture maps available, it will just look so much better.

I think the Xbox drive is also good! The PS5 drive is just "dream level" architecture though.

Last edited:

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
if the last 20 years of gaming has taught us anything is power doesn't really matter.

PS2 destroyed the more powerful machines in sales and arguably classic games
The Wii Sold more than the competition
The Switch and PS4 Pro are under powered and the games beat out the XBox One X.

Yea they look and run nicer, but if software ain't hitting you're dead in the water. Lets hope the Microsoft Studios put out actual good games to compete.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What games? Who’s making them?

Most Sony studios working on PS4 games.

Only games yet to be announced will be Spider-Man and Horizon 2.

Everything else is way far away.

Which Sony studio is in position to have a launch game ready?

1564505823338.gif

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
@Fatboi1

Excellent reporting as usual

developers seem more impressed with that raw speed then that big power box

We are changing gaming

cronies like @MeachTheMonster and @The Mad Titan are stuck in the past with raw power numbers , nobody is saying Microsoft innovated

Just like I said meach you were wrong but we know that don’t we

HOLLA