TRUSTED SONY SERGEANT FATBOI EXPOSES SATANIC XBOT PLAN TO MANIPULATE PUBLIC OPINION: DISGUSTING

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve answered my own question. PS3 had to play catchup with Xbox 360, due to the 1 year head-start plus the superior online, but I wanted to know how the PS3 60GB fared. Copping the PS3 Day 1, it was a zoo purchasing it, sold out everywhere. Wasn’t researching sales then, I had no idea the system didn’t move at all in the US. Once Sony did the $100 price drop, then it’s started to sell very well.

The reason I’m bringing this up is Sony fans, me included, used to always bring up the $599 price point as a counterpoint to PS5 selling regardless, which is incorrect. After the specs reveal, I’m with you. It can’t follow MSFT’s price point when the Series X is clearly more powerful. PS5 Pro? Sure. $399 isn’t going to happen though.
I bought my PS3 right after the price dropped. I still remember the commercial where I decided to buy it as I was set on just using the 360 for the gen.

$299 was the sweet spot and I bought it with Uncharted 1 and borrowed MGSIV from someone. Man those days. UC1 was great but man UC2 blew my mind at the time. Possibly one of the funnest console generations just for the nostalgia alone.

I think Sony is waiting for MSFT to announce their price and price it accordingly. As of right now, MSFT is marketing the Xbox aggressively and if it's the same price MSFT will market that 12TF! number hard even if it doesn't make a big difference to most people. Plus this is all theoretical we don't know what else Sony has up their sleeve for the PS5.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Doesn’t matter that is automatic. The devs will have to know what performance they are gonna get, and they can’t get max out of both at the same time, so they have to consider that when they are optimizing the games.
I mean the CPU at base clock isn’t weaker than the Series X. So the game can run at same CPU settings base clock. And say the game is GPU intensive. The GPU would just clock up without putting the extra stress on the CPU. It’s not really much of a choice to make really. It should even out.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I mean the CPU at base clock isn’t weaker than the Series X. So the game can run at same CPU settings base clock. And say the game is GPU intensive. The GPU would just clock up without putting the extra stress on the CPU. It’s not really much of a choice to make really. It should even out.
No the PS5 max CPU clock is lower than Xbox locked performance.

And even if they were the same, a CPU intensive game would mean the GPU is running at an even lower spec compared to Xbox.

A GPU intensive game would make for less CPU obviously.

As these consoles start getting maxed out, PS5 will be at a clear disadvantage here. What happens when a game wants to push both the CPU and GPU, how much performance can a dev expect to get out of the PS5? We don’t know that yet.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

And even if they were the same, a CPU intensive game would mean the GPU is running at an even lower spec compared to Xbox.

As these consoles start getting maxed out, PS5 will be at a clear disadvantage here. What happens when a game wants to push both the CPU and GPU, how much performance can a dev expect to get out of the PS5? We don’t know that yet.
oh no:lupe:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
thought we'd be on page 13 by now.

disappointed in yall

Dukie.gif

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@5n0man if you watch i time stamped here you can see how much limits they ran into making Spider-Man on current gen as well as Sunset Overdrive.

You can see how held back Spider-Man was on Ps4 and how so much had to be done in a way to get it how it is now. The fact that the limits described here is no longer an issue with SSD's in next gen especially with Sony's faster SSD means Spider-Man 2 will be a huge leap in game design. This is an example of how the actual storage limitation held the game back because Spider-Man couldn't move faster than they could load so Spider-man is gimped which affects the entire world. This is a bit exciting as I can only imagine this will effect all those "fake" loading scenes in many games like the "boost me up" scenes in Uncharted or the infamous squeeze through a tight wall or the walking through a portal scene in God of War which was just a way to load the game.

We see it in the leaked test video of the Spider-Man on PS5 test.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

Yea. shyt is yet to be seen. There’s gonna be a disadvantage somewhere based on what I’m seeing. It’s 7 months out so I will wait and see.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m copping Ps4 solely off the games alone plus I already got a deep Sony library of games.:yeshrug:

the only alternative system i need is the Switch and I already got one

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I remember GG saying that they couldnt implement flying mounts in Horizon just
because the HDD couldnt keep up with all the data that needed to be loaded, So
now that Ps5 has SSD, i imagine we should expect flying mounts in the next horizon .

Edit: GOW fighting through different realms is going to be :whoo:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
No, it’s the top 100 games, which most will work at launch and they will pick and test which ones to support later on. No enhance or boosted mode. Just legacy support.
Unveiling New Details of PlayStation 5: Hardware Technical Specs [UPDATED]

ETaSXYBWkAEJczj.jpg

Actually, it seems this isn't the case.

So @Fatboi1 had it right from the beginning -- PS4 games will be playable on PS5, but they'll run just like how they normally do on PS4. PS5 is working on a Boost Mode, and 100 of the top games in terms of total number of play time have been tested so far.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Actually, it seems this isn't the case.

So @Fatboi1 had it right from the beginning -- PS4 games will be playable on PS5, but they'll run just like how they normally do on PS4. PS5 is working on a Boost Mode, and 100 of the top games in terms of total number of play time have been tested so far.

:salute:

shyt made no sense that only 100 would be playable.

I do hope the boost mode will be ready on shyt like Bloodborne though.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
:salute:

shyt made no sense that only 100 would be playable.

I do hope the boost mode will be ready on shyt like Bloodborne though.

I have a feeling it will be. Bloodborne is one of the most popular PS4 games and people have been asking for a sequel for years, so I'd be surprised if it wasn't at launch (or at least maybe a week or so out from launch). They're most likely going to do games like Final Fantasy VII Remake, The Last of Us Part II, Ghosts of Tsushima, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, NieR Automata, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts III, Sekiro, Nioh and Nioh 2, Death Stranding, Cyberpunk 2077, Spider-Man and whatnot. The heavy hitters.

Honestly 100 PS4 games only being playable at launch would've been a terrible look, the only way Sony could ship that out in full confidence is if their launch titles were immaculate enough for it to not matter. Boost Mode only having 100 games at launch is way more reasonable because I imagine that would require a ton of programming, debugging and overall just a ton of man-hours in order to get games ready to go, case-by-case basis. What might work for GTA V may not work for Ratchet and Clank, so I can wait.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
What happen to all that RDNA 2 talk?

Did they even mention Ray tracing at all?

sony plz :sadcam:
The experts pointed out that it doesn't do ray tracing very well and in fact they have been using the term global illumination because it can't do alot of techniques ray tracing is known for.

It's 44% less capable at ray tracing than the series x, will make a huge difference in how all games look between the two consoles

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
The experts pointed out that it doesn't do ray tracing very well and in fact they have been using the term global illumination because it can't do alot of techniques ray tracing is known for.

It's 44% less capable at ray tracing than the series x, will make a huge difference in how all games look between the two consoles

Yeah with that Ray Tracing it will be a big ass difference Jesus