TRUSTED SONY SERGEANT FATBOI EXPOSES SATANIC XBOT PLAN TO MANIPULATE PUBLIC OPINION: DISGUSTING

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's logic. Why have a "boost" mode on a console? The whole console advantage is a set piece of hardware you can squeeze every drop out of. Introducing variable clock rates makes everything harder, especially when it relies on cooling. What if your PS5 throttles and your AAA 1st party exclusive runs worse in the summer? That would be trash. IDGAF what anyone says, Cerny was up there Juelzing about the weaker hardware. The system will be good, not denying any of that, but that was flagrant Juelzing.

Also, why was the "boost" shyt and extra TF a mystery until then, also? If it was planned, we likely would have never heard 9 TF, it would have been 10 off the rip. Ya mans (I use that term loosely:hhh:) was up there scrambling.
Doesn't work like that.

According to Sony, all PS5 consoles process the same workloads with the same performance level in any environment, no matter what the ambient temperature may be.
Inside PlayStation 5: the specs and the tech that deliver Sony's next-gen vision

Also no GPU runs at full 100% clock speed all the time. That's not how they work.

Introducing boost for PlayStation 5
It's really important to clarify the PlayStation 5's use of variable frequencies. It's called 'boost' but it should not be compared with similarly named technologies found in smartphones, or even PC components like CPUs and GPUs. There, peak performance is tied directly to thermal headroom, so in higher temperature environments, gaming frame-rates can be lower - sometimes a lot lower. This is entirely at odds with expectations from a console, where we expect all machines to deliver the exact same performance. To be abundantly clear from the outset, PlayStation 5 is not boosting clocks in this way. According to Sony, all PS5 consoles process the same workloads with the same performance level in any environment, no matter what the ambient temperature may be.

So how does boost work in this case? Put simply, the PlayStation 5 is given a set power budget tied to the thermal limits of the cooling assembly. "It's a completely different paradigm," says Cerny. "Rather than running at constant frequency and letting the power vary based on the workload, we run at essentially constant power and let the frequency vary based on the workload."

An internal monitor analyses workloads on both CPU and GPU and adjusts frequencies to match. While it's true that every piece of silicon has slightly different temperature and power characteristics, the monitor bases its determinations on the behaviour of what Cerny calls a 'model SoC' (system on chip) - a standard reference point for every PlayStation 5 that will be produced.
Watch this video if you really want to know more.

NXgamer is really good.

and if you might think this is some Sony biased channel no.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Doesn't work like that.

Inside PlayStation 5: the specs and the tech that deliver Sony's next-gen vision

Also no GPU runs at full 100% clock speed all the time. That's not how they work. They go up/down depending on the load.

Watch this video if you really want to know more.

NXgamer is really good.

and if you might think this is some Sony biased channel no.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why does it say "tied to the thermal limits of the cooling assembly"? Sounds like heat throttling to me. Like EVERY CPU/GPU IN EXISTANCE. If you can prove otherwise, cool, but those two statements sound contradictory.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Ported in two weeks, NO optimization, and using a new lighting technique new to Unreal Engine 4, only in one retail game. Tell the whole story.

Whatever, b. I'm arguably the most objective person here. I watched XBO get trounced and called it how I saw it. I work in IT, and have been a computer nerd since I was a child, I have a very good grasp on how these things work. This is the base PS4/XBO debacle in reverse. The PS5 is weaker. Period, end of story. Transistors, compute units and such work how they work, it's engineering and physics. Consoles get more out of the same hardware. Less OS. Less or no abstraction layers, drivers written in assembly language instead of high level languages. Computers are computers, and since they're using variations of the same SOCs, it's easy to make educated guesses.
Man stop being a fukkboi. I said earlier in this thread this thing is basically gonna be a 2080 Super. I think that’s IMPRESSIVE. Check my posts in the official Xbox thread. U ain’t objective for shyt. I’m actually fukking linking the video and u think I’m trying to hide something or not tell the whole story? Don’t be a dikkhead over a console. It’s not that serious. I’m buying one of these things day one.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't work like that.

Also no GPU runs at full 100% clock speed all the time. That's not how they work.
Consoles are designed with worse case scenarios in mind & the software is coded
to those specific frequencies.

If your game console was dealing with changes in GPU or CPU frequency it could
adversely affect game logic and basically break your game.

SO when Microsoft says Xbox One X or Xbox Series X is running at the frequencies it's running....that's really what it's
running at. No thermal throttling trickery, it's not a cell phone or laptop.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Man stop being a fukkboi. I said earlier in this thread this thing is basically gonna be a 2080 Super. I think that’s IMPRESSIVE. Check my posts in the official Xbox thread. U ain’t objective for shyt. I’m actually fukking linking the video and u think I’m trying to hide something or not tell the whole story? Don’t be a dikkhead over a console. It’s not that serious. I’m buying one of these things day one.
Yeah right. You've been all over the place talking like you're an expert and arguing like a weirdo. Good day, sir.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

SO when Microsoft says Xbox One X or Xbox Series X is running at the frequencies it's running....that's really what it's
Breh, let's be real for a second. You're really sitting here posting about how game logic and things can be adversely affected due to GPU/CPU frequency, as if developers are not actually developing games and would know more about this than practically anyone on here?

The things you're mentioning has no bearing on what devs are going to be doing right now with the PS5. Saying "game logic can be affected if this or that happens" does the developers and system engineers a huge disservice and honestly comes off as faux fanboyism again. You accept MSFT says everything but anything Sony says is trickery? Lol come on y'all not being rational. I'm sensing a twig of irrationality. As if any of us are experts in this and would know more than actual developers. This is why I feel like chatting about tech gets weird because it's always going to be some bias inserted.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

Digital Foundry basically explained how Sony is dealing with the boost clocks. Apparently it won’t throttle based on how it was implemented.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Breh, let's be real for a second. You're really sitting here posting about how game logic and things can be adversely affected due to GPU/CPU frequency, as if developers are not actually developing games and would know more about this than practically anyone on here?

The things you're mentioning has no bearing on what devs are going to be doing right now with the PS5. Saying "game logic can be affected if this or that happens" does the developers and system engineers a huge disservice and honestly comes off as faux fanboyism again. You accept MSFT says everything but anything Sony says is trickery? Lol come on y'all not being rational. I'm sensing a twig of irrationality. As if any of us are experts in this and would know more than actual developers. This is why I feel like chatting about tech gets weird because it's always going to be some bias inserted.
What about my prior quote? Which is it? Tied to the thermal solution, or doesn't matter what the temp is?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Digital Foundry basically explained how Sony is dealing with the boost clocks. Apparently it won’t throttle based on how it was implemented.
Then what’s the point of having the “boost”?

If the cards will always work at the max then why is the card rated “up to” 2200Ghz?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If the cards will always work at the max then why is the card rated “up to” 2200Ghz?
Because they're trying to get as much frequency as humanly possible out of the card.
Hence the crazy cooling set up, they needed to keep costs down and the quickest way
to get more performance outside of making a bigger GPU, is to push for a higher frequency.

Higher frequency allows them to have a smaller cheap and provide a cheaper but still relatively
fast machine.
This is true.
What I said extends to both console makers, I just wanted breh to understand
that "throttling" isn't something people want in their consoles and they're expressly designed
to combat that or eliminate it completely.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
lol ya'll crazy man we not about to do this again.
Y’all the ones acting stupid.

The whole point of it being variable is that it won’t always work at the max.

You can argue over the specifics, but that’s what it boils down to.

We won’t know to what extent the cards are throttled until some devs get their hands on the final system.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

From what it says it works based on what the devs want to do. So if the game is more CPU intensive than it wouldn’t use the boost speed of the GPU. If it’s more GPU intensive it wouldn’t use the boost speed of the CPU. The point is so the GPU and CPU can run a higher clock speed without throttling. The Xbox Series X runs lower clock speeds but with more Teraflops. To prevent that shyt all together but they prolly paid more to get there. Don’t get me wrong I feel like the Series X’s solution is the more practical one but I understand what Sony is trying to do as well.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y’all the ones acting stupid.

The whole point of it being variable is that it won’t always work at the max.

You can argue over the specifics, but that’s what it boils down to.

We won’t know to what extent the cards are throttled until some devs get their hands on the final system.
it typically will work at that frequency. Anyway this topic is drawn out unnecessarily over stuff that won't matter in the long run