TRUSTED SONY SERGEANT FATBOI EXPOSES SATANIC XBOT PLAN TO MANIPULATE PUBLIC OPINION: DISGUSTING

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You know what’s crazy don’t be surprised if this jawn cost more or even the same as Series X due to the SSD
I'm placing my bets on them being the same price.

People from both sides are downplaying the memory solution of the ps5. Xbots think it's not a big deal, but a good chunk of the development cost went into it so there has to be something there to show for. Sony stans are flat out ignoring the innovation of the memory solution and are jumping to the conclusion that the system will be cheaper due to the worse APU, but trying new things cost money so the budget is most likely the same.

Time will tell if their gamble pays off, but that presentation set them off to a very bad start.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
From what it says it works based on what the devs want to do. So if the game is more CPU intensive than it wouldn’t use the boost speed of the GPU. If it’s more GPU intensive it wouldn’t use the boost speed of the CPU. The point is so the GPU and CPU can run a higher clock speed without throttling. The Xbox Series X runs lower clock speeds but with more Teraflops. To prevent that shyt all together but they prolly paid more to get there. Don’t get me wrong I feel like the Series X’s solution is the more practical one but I understand what Sony is trying to do as well.
So the CPU and GPU can’t be working at max speed simultaneously, so devs will have to make choices they won’t have to make on the Xbox.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
So the CPU and GPU can’t be working at max speed simultaneously, so devs will have to make choices they won’t have to make on the Xbox.
Not really. Each game uses different resources to achieve it’s goals. It’s something the console will automatically do. For instance. A game like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is naturally very CPU intensive so the console would automatically boost up the CPU. A game like RE3 Remake is more GPU intensive so the console would do the opposite.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not really. Each game uses different resources to achieve it’s goals. It’s something the console will automatically do. For instance. A game like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is naturally very CPU intensive so the console would automatically boost up the CPU. A game like RE3 Remake is more GPU intensive so the console would do the opposite.
Doesn’t matter that is automatic. The devs will have to know what performance they are gonna get, and they can’t get max out of both at the same time, so they have to consider that when they are optimizing the games.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Temp doesn't matter. Check the nx video
Watched it. Sounds good, and I agree with him, Cerny did a shyt job of explaining it. That still doesn't negate the alleged heat concerns. If the heat isn't dealt with properly, it will not do the full 10 TF. Again, Cerny should never do these again. It looks even more Juelzy after understanding it all the way. Also, if ANYTHING goes wrong with this new SSD setup, they're fukked, since that's the supposed secret to maxing it out. My guess is third party games won't make use of it, therefore play worse on PS5. How much? Who knows?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Faster SSD is gonna be neat, and the fact that games will probably load in half the time on PS5 might end up being a big deal alone. Dev's having to learn, customize and
That's the problem Sony might run into.

What if developers just forgo the whole process and create games to run how they do on xbox and pc. Then they're left with a weaker system with an innovative memory solution that goes unused out side of exclusive titles.

Last edited:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Most people don't buy exclusives? :laff:

nikka, some of the best selling PS4 games ARE exclusives and some of the BEST games are exclusives, the fukk are you talking about? Just because GTA V or COD sells gangbusters each year doesn't mean exclusives aren't being bought. Spin it this way, do exclusives not sell? Something not selling like GTA V doesn'tt mean it's a failure.

EFQW5NZUYAAQsCI

This list here since I know you'll post it shows that the best selling games are the SAME guys each year.

COD, whatever GTA is out and another rockstar game and the sport game. Battlefield comes in last. On top of that this was based on DOLLAR sales not units and only included the US.

You're completely wrong with this "exclusives don't sell" lie.
yea what he said was wild people do buy exclusives.....now if they mean like lets say ps4 user base is 50 million people how come all 50 million didnt buy GOW OR HZD then i get...but to say people dont buy exclusives is foolish

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I'm placing my bets on them being the same price.

People from both sides are downplaying the memory solution of the ps5. Xbots think it's not a big deal, but a good chunk of the development cost went into it so there has to be something there to show for. Sony stans are flat out ignoring the innovation of the memory solution and are jumping to the conclusion that the system will be cheaper due to the worse APU, but trying new things cost money so the budget is most likely the same.

Time will tell if their gamble pays off, but that presentation set them off to a very bad start.

Sony doesn't want to be at the same price as MSFT. This is why

1.) They are struggling with higher BOM
They aimed for 399 with out including logistics and marketing, it's rumored to be 450+ now. MSFT has the higher BOM currently. If we are to go by Bloomberg article.

2.) In the same article, it's rumored Sony is waiting on MSFT to see what they launch at. Contrary to last gen, were Sony new at e3 they were gonna go with 399, regardless of MSFT due to PS3. But they admitted when MSFT said 499 they were estatic. ( It's in an interview some where. I'll have to find it )

Personal opinion, Sony has not YET shown why the SSD technology is worth being the same price as series x.Luckily, we are just getting started and games have yet to be shown. Everyone understands "the world's most power ful console". It sells itself. I feel Sony would do less than stellar at the same price point , if they do not do a better job of justifying it.

Also, it's looking like a recession is coming and both consoles may have to deal with that. But , rumors are MSFT has Lockhart up it's sleeve so they may be better prepared for an economic downturn.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What happen to all that RDNA 2 talk?

Did they even mention Ray tracing at all?

sony plz :sadcam:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand there marketing....

Not sure who left the playstation family but they are saying a bunch of stuff in a round about way to fans. Sounds like they have something based on or built off RDNA2 but isn't exactly that but they are calling it that since that's "basically" or almost what it is
It's nothing, they just went first with the deep dive. The PS4 had this exact same deep dive but they had it after the initial February reveal.

It's a customized RDNA 2.
Sony's customised version of the AMD RDNA 2 GPU features 36 compute units running at frequencies that are capped at 2.23GHz, effectively delivering 10.28TF of peak compute performance.

In fact, the transistor density of an RDNA 2 compute unit is 62 per cent higher than a PS4 CU, meaning that in terms of transistor count at least, PlayStation 5's array of 36 CUs is equivalent to 58 PlayStation 4 CUs. And remember, on top of that, those new CUs are running at well over twice the frequency.

jpg

PlayStation 5's ray tracing support is in line with the implementations we've seen in the PC space.
On a features level, Cerny reveals features that suggest parity with other upcoming AMD and AMD-derived products based on the RDNA 2 technology. A new block known as the Geometry Engine offers developers unparalleled control over triangles and other primitives, and easy optimisation for geometry culling. Functionality extends to the creation of 'primitive shaders' which sounds very similar to the mesh shaders found in Nvidia Turing and upcoming RDNA 2 GPUs.

"How far can we go? I'm starting to get quite bullish," says Cerny. "I've already seen a PS5 title that is successfully using ray-tracing-based reflections in complex animated scenes, with only modest costs."

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Sony doesn't want to be at the same price as MSFT. This is why

1.) They are struggling with higher BOM
They aimed for 399 with out including logistics and marketing, it's rumored to be 450+ now. MSFT has the higher BOM currently. If we are to go by Bloomberg article.

2.) In the same article, it's rumored Sony is waiting on MSFT to see what they launch at. Contrary to last gen, were Sony new at e3 they were gonna go with 399, regardless of MSFT due to PS3. But they admitted when MSFT said 499 they were estatic. ( It's in an interview some where. I'll have to find it )

Personal opinion, Sony has not YET shown why the SSD technology is worth being the same price as series x.Luckily, we are just getting started and games have yet to be shown. Everyone understands "the world's most power ful console". It sells itself. I feel Sony would do less than stellar at the same price point , if they do not do a better job of justifying it.

Also, it's looking like a recession is coming and both consoles may have to deal with that. But , rumors are MSFT has Lockhart up it's sleeve so they may be better prepared for an economic downturn.

I’ve answered my own question. PS3 had to play catchup with Xbox 360, due to the 1 year head-start plus the superior online, but I wanted to know how the PS3 60GB fared. Copping the PS3 Day 1, it was a zoo purchasing it, sold out everywhere. Wasn’t researching sales then, I had no idea the system didn’t move at all in the US. Once Sony did the $100 price drop, then it’s started to sell very well.

The reason I’m bringing this up is Sony fans, me included, used to always bring up the $599 price point as a counterpoint to the PS5 selling regardless, which is incorrect. After the specs reveal, I’m with you. It can’t follow MSFT’s price point when the Series X is clearly more powerful. PS5 Pro? Sure. $399 isn’t going to happen though, and right now I have to contemplate being Day 1 or take a long wait for the Pro, which we know damn well that’s dropping.

Last edited: