TRUSTED SONY SERGEANT FATBOI EXPOSES SATANIC XBOT PLAN TO MANIPULATE PUBLIC OPINION: DISGUSTING

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Sony doesn't figure out the cooling, that directly hits the clock speeds, which means less TFLOPS. That's bad.

The alternative, beef up.the cooling, which drives up cost, which they will probably pass o to the consumer.

You Sony brehs better hope this isn't the case, or shyt gonna get ugly.
MessyIncredibleChamois-size_restricted.gif

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Let them do the talking :russ::russ::russ:

The whole dynamic frequency part basically screams last minute adjustments. Trying to push the frequency of the SOC higher they resorted to enabling some of AMDs boost tech. Cerny tried to sell it as a cool feature, but it is actually an unwanted feature in consoles. You want predictability to optimize as much as possible and console makers even go as far as to add unnecessary circuits to the silicon when doing the mid-cycle SOC refreshes to keep predictability as close to the original as possible. And they are probably still tweaking the cooling solution which may impact final size and design of the box.

The architecture presentation also fit perfectly into the reports that Sony is struggling with keeping costs down as they made some economically strange decisions:
Having a custom designed SSD system with 5.5GB/s bandwidth will be costly to produce and seems totally over-engineered for current market realities. To find SSDs and Flash capable of providing SUSTAINED bandwidth of 2.4GB/s is already difficult. Some higher grade consumer parts reach 3-3.5 GB/s now, but they drop significantly once the embedded DRAM used for caching is filled. So there is no way that Sony’s design has a SUSTAINED bandwidth of 5.5 GB/s when it comes to market, but they still have to source very expensive high end flash for it.
Also the Audio-Chip is a custom design that adds to the BOM and the vast majority of people won’t be able to hear a discernible difference to an off-the-shelf Dolby Atmos of /DTS based solution.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
If Sony doesn't figure out the cooling, that directly hits the clock speeds, which means less TFLOPS. That's bad.

The alternative, beef up.the cooling, which drives up cost, which they will probably pass o to the consumer.

You Sony brehs better hope this isn't the case, or shyt gonna get ugly.

Bloomberg report a couple weeks back says that Sony splurged on the cooling this go round.

Coupled with the fact we saw the v shaped Dev kit with vents on both sides.

Plus Cerny mentioned the cooling as a focus point during the tech talk.

I think they put alot of thought into it and have most likely been running with the high frequencies for atleast a year or so.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Bloomberg report a couple weeks back says that Sony splurged on the cooling this go round.

I think they put alot of thought into it and have most likely been running with the high frequencies for atleast a year or so.

You know what’s crazy don’t be surprised if this jawn cost more or even the same as Series X due to the SSD

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let them do the talking :russ::russ::russ:
when PC gamers go PC gaming, what happens? "I bought a PS4 brehs.." because no matter how high the power is, they need games. What's going to happen is the Xbox team is hyping up their fans with numbers numbers like 12 but the real number is 0. 12 Teraflops but 0 games to show for. When fans catch wind of this, they'll abandon the xbox in mass and we'll end up with yet another generation where Sony leads almost 3 to 1. :russ: Copped studios but no games to show.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
You know what’s crazy don’t be surprised if this jawn cost more or even the same as Series X due to the SSD

I wouldn't not be surprised if they are within 50 dollars of each other.

Consoles are not that different honestly.

449 and 499. Plus if Lockhart drops at 299, it would make sense.

Plus MSFT is not afraid of the 499 price range. We know Sony prefers 399.

if I'm a regular as Madden,2k,CoD playing bro, imma cop the x for a lil more and game pass for 7.99 and call it a day. :yeshrug:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I wouldn't not be surprised if they are within 50 dollars of each other.

Consoles are not that different honestly.

449 and 499. Plus if Lockhart drops at 299, it would make sense.

Plus MSFT is not afraid of the 499 price range. We know Sony prefers 399.

if I'm a regular as Madden,2k,CoD playing bro, imma cop the x for a lil more and game pass for 7.99 and call it a day. :yeshrug:

I will be buying both but Sony launch dates releases always suck. At least Halo & Forza dropping

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Laugh if you want. If you know your shyt, in your heart, you know that blas..."boost" shyt is not good for development, and likely a way to try to not look as bad next to "12 Teraflops". If there is ANY truth to the cooling issue rumors, that's a red flag. My guess is they're trying to push the hardware past 9 TF, and it, of course, has concequences.

Could be. Hope so. I want both companies to do well, so they compete, and WE win.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Laugh if you want. If you know your shyt, in your heart, you know that blas..."boost" shyt is not good for development, and likely a way to try to not look as bad next to "12 Teraflops". If there is ANY truth to the cooling issue rumors, that's a red flag. My guess is they're trying to push the hardware past 9 TF, and it, of course, has concequences.

Could be. Hope so. I want both companies to do well, so they compete, and WE win.
I think it's arrogant to armchair evaluate the choices and design a system lead architect is doing. Like I find it incredibly arrogant and outright silly. The engineers know what they're doing.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I think it's arrogant to armchair evaluate the choices and design a system lead architect is doing. Like I find it incredibly arrogant and outright silly. The engineers know what they're doing.
It's logic. Why have a "boost" mode on a console? The whole console advantage is a set piece of hardware you can squeeze every drop out of. Introducing variable clock rates makes everything harder, especially when it relies on cooling. What if your PS5 throttles and your AAA 1st party exclusive runs worse in the summer? That would be trash. IDGAF what anyone says, Cerny was up there Juelzing about the weaker hardware. The system will be good, not denying any of that, but that was flagrant Juelzing.

Also, why was the "boost" shyt and extra TF a mystery until then, also? If it was planned, we likely would have never heard 9 TF, it would have been 10 off the rip. Ya mans (I use that term loosely:hhh:) was up there scrambling.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It's logic. Why have a "boost" mode on a console? The whole console advantage is a set piece of hardware you can squeeze every drop out of. Introducing variable clock rates makes everything harder, especially when it relies on cooling. What if your PS5 throttles and your AAA 1st party exclusive runs worse in the summer? That would be trash. IDGAF what anyone says, Cerny was up there Juelzing about the weaker hardware. The system will be good, not denying any of that, but that was flagrant Juelzing.

Also, why was the "boost" shyt and extra TF a mystery until then, also? If it was planned, we likely would have never heard 9 TF, it would have been 10 off the rip. Ya mans (I use that term loosely:hhh:) was up there scrambling.
Son u gonna be feeling real stupid when these consoles actually drop. U really talking like u know wtf u talkin bout. All u doing is guessing as u havent even seen the hardware or a breakdown of how the console is constructed. nikkas see thru ya shyt u been bashing since the beginning and haven’t even been trying to be objective.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Gears 5 performed slightly under an RTX 2080 on this thing.

Ported in two weeks, NO optimization, and using a new lighting technique new to Unreal Engine 4, only in one retail game. Tell the whole story.

Son u gonna be feeling real stupid when these consoles actually drop. U really talking like u know wtf u talkin bout. All u doing is guessing as u havent even seen the hardware or a breakdown of how the console is constructed. nikkas see thru ya shyt u been bashing since the beginning and haven’t even been trying to be objective.

Whatever, b. I'm arguably the most objective person here. I watched XBO get trounced and called it how I saw it. I work in IT, and have been a computer nerd since I was a child, I have a very good grasp on how these things work. This is the base PS4/XBO debacle in reverse. The PS5 is weaker. Period, end of story. Transistors, compute units and such work how they work, it's engineering and physics. Consoles get more out of the same hardware. Less OS. Less or no abstraction layers, drivers written in assembly language instead of high level languages. Computers are computers, and since they're using variations of the same SOCs, it's easy to make educated guesses.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can't think of a single time when proprietary or custom software dominated the gaming space.

Faster SSD is gonna be neat, and the fact that games will probably load in half the time on PS5 might end up being a big deal alone. Dev's having to learn, customize and work around it though:francis:

Can't wait till that 1st multi plat game drops though

It's either gonna look much better and run smoother on the xbox or the ps5 is gonna kill it with fast load times and a more seamless experience.