TRUSTED SONY SERGEANT FATBOI EXPOSES SATANIC XBOT PLAN TO MANIPULATE PUBLIC OPINION: DISGUSTING

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
These buls speaking facts.... Sony Lost

We also don’t know how well cooled the SSD is on the PS5. MS explained their cooling and how their SSD solution can basically run a constant storage bandwidth.

The key on the XSX is that MS touts the numbers, from storage to teraflops to memory bandwidth to clocks, are all constant and predictable. There is no overlock or underlock. You know what speed your storage will go at, what speed your CPU and CPU cores will go out, how fast your memory will be, etc. This makes optimizing much easier because they have made performance sustained and predictable.

So we are basically getting a PCIe 4.0 SSD on the PS5. With that comes more heat – that is the cost of the speed. Is there a heat sync? Does it latch into the cooling system overall? Do your add on SSDs need a heat sync or performance will suffer? Do they need a specific heat sink?

It seems that Microsoft engineering came to the conclusion that a PC m.2 drive may not be optimal for predictable sustained performance. They also may have concluded the PCIe 4.0 will run too hot. m.2 SSDs in high performance laptops and desktops cannot sustain transfer due to heat without some massive mod. If MS has figured out how to deliver a high speed storage system with excellent heat transfer, we may find in real life that the PS5 speed is not impressive.

It’s quite possible that without the proper cooling, the PS5 system may have to throttle down to slower speeds to keep cooler in regards to SSD.

The question that needs to be answered is did Sony do this to get super high speed storage that is way ahead – or did they do it so they could just get storage to match what the we will see in the XSX because they did not or could not engineer a solution for cooling?

The RAM that matters in the Xbox is far superior and will allow for faster throughput and less wasted cycles. It will be easy to allocate to specific memory addresses associated with the higher speed memory. The PS5 I/O advantage may not be much if the cooling is not adequate and MS is correct and they have adequately cooled it so the I/O can be sustained and not diminish.

Sony is not that great at cooling. I’ve heard from devs that Sony is not showing off the PS5 because it has thermal problems. Microsoft has no problem letting DF do a vid and showing them around while Sony has to rush a presentation to counter. I know from devs that have the kits that they feel the Xbox is easier to optimize and they feel games will look and feel much better on the Xbox upon release because it will take time to optimize for PS5 and figure it out.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
PS3 all over again brehs

I’ve been told it is not as bad as what happened with the PS3, but somewhat similar. The Xbox 360 was much more straightforward while the architecture for the PS3 was not. This is not the Cell, but it will require a lot of work in regards to clocks, etc to figure out how to optimize. They will eventually, but the first year may have some rougher titles that look noticeably worse than the XSX.

The one advantage the PS5 has, the I/O, may not be one if they can’t cool the drive. And the question of expansion is a real one. Do you need a heat sink on your approved SSD? The Xbox solution may be more expensive, but it also may be more consistent and easier to deal with since you don’t have to crack open the case. MS could also bulk order them up front to reduce initial cost.

I will say, MS’ way is pretty cool and reminiscent of bringing a Switch card or an old Gamecube save card and plugging it into a friend’s system. Microsoft’s setup let’s you easily bring your digital game with you, pre-downloaded, to play on other people’s XSXconsoles once you login to your account. PS5 can’t do that – not with the newest games. Their external storage is not fast enough while Xbox’s is.

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
Three generations of gaming and I have supported PS for its catalogue and exclusives. It’s not secret XBOX has been the premier hardware specs console. However, this is irrelevant if I am not interested in the games. This are not entertainment units but gaming consoles. Furthermore, Sony efficiently maximises on the capabilities of its unit. Generations are made by innovation but dominated by games.

Heading into this generation outside Cyberpunk, ES6 I’m anticipating sequels to HZD, GoW. I am not a jargon spec junkie. However, from what I gather XBOX made a console which has a higher baseline model but developers are saying PS allows for greater system fidelity. To me all this means nothing if next gen consoles still have crazy drop rates and blurring like that fukking worthless Star Wars game.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Are SSDs essential for today's gaming PCs?

However, when it comes to gaming, although an SSD clearly makes a big difference, there's a law of diminishing returns when it comes to investing more money and buying into later, more performant technology. Choosing a faster NVMe drive like the Intel 905P only makes sense for high-end systems as you don't see as much of an improvement in game load performance moving from SATA to NVMe as you do moving from a mechanical HDD to a SATA SSD. Of course, NVMe drives are much more worthwhile in non-gaming use cases, such as 4K video editing, where their lower latencies and higher speeds can be better put to use, but for gaming a good-but-cheap SATA drive delivers most of the benefits of solid-state storage.

For many gamers, we'd recommend upgrading your graphics card or processor instead of picking up an NVMe SSD, as these components will have a much bigger impact on in-game performance. Upgrading to at least 8GB and preferably 16GB of RAM should also ensure that load times after the initial load are faster, although measuring the precise impact of different RAM capacities and speeds falls outside the scope of this article. However, for gamers that are already sporting high-end graphics cards and processors, or content creators, moving to the Intel 905P or another high-end NVMe drive should provide noticeable performance benefits - we've been using Samsung Evo NVMe drives for 4K editing recently and the upgrade here over SATA alternatives is substantial.

The bottom line:

• Moving from an HDD to an SSD can reduce initial game load times by up to 62 per cent
  • NVMe drives show a smaller boost over SSDs, in the region of 10 to 20 per cent
  • SATA SSDs offer better value for money; spend your savings on a better graphics card
  • Ensure you have a decent amount of RAM (at least 4GB) to reduce subsequent load times

The one thing that I don't like and its not about the power balance being in favor of the Xbox, its the outright lying surrounding this, like @MeachTheMonster said eariler, we are supposed to throw away all these years of what we know about computers because Sony is 'innovating.' Is it going to help the PS5? Yes. Is it going to cure all ills? No, it most certainly will not. If this really did what people are trying to claim it to do, you wouldn't see this much damage control over the net. Microsoft hasn't needed a lick of it because we see what the Series X is. Straightforward and strong in every area. It speaks for itself.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The one thing that I don't like and its not about the power balance being in favor of the Xbox, its the outright lying surrounding this, like @MeachTheMonster said eariler, we are supposed to throw away all these years of what we know about computers because Sony is 'innovating.' Is it going to help the PS5? Yes. Is it going to cure all ills? No, it most certainly will not. If this really did what people are trying to claim it to do, you wouldn't see this much damage control over the net. Microsoft hasn't needed a lick of it because we see what the Series X is. Straightforward and strong in every area. It speaks for itself.
Developers know more then outdated Eurogamer articles. Get with the times chap. When games are chugging along on that slow ass hard drive in the Xbox you'll be wishing Phil knew better.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

read my previous post about that bullshyt SSD line that they are using

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If Sony doesn't figure out the cooling, that directly hits the clock speeds, which means less TFLOPS. That's bad.

The alternative, beef up.the cooling, which drives up cost, which they will probably pass o to the consumer.

You Sony brehs better hope this isn't the case, or shyt gonna get ugly.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Lots of what Sony is talking about is smoke and mirrors.

Numbers are numbers. Xbox is clearly better than PS5 in almost every way.

No amount of internet jewelzing will change that.

Only question is how much of a noticeable graphics/performance difference will there be. We gotta wait till launch for that.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
If Sony doesn't figure out the cooling, that directly hits the clock speeds, which means less TFLOPS. That's bad.

The alternative, beef up.the cooling, which drives up cost, which they will probably pass o to the consumer.

You Sony brehs better hope this isn't the case, or shyt gonna get ugly.

Which explains why we haven’t seen a case or anything yet. Rumors were developers are experiencing overheating issues.