TRUSTED SONY SERGEANT FATBOI EXPOSES SATANIC XBOT PLAN TO MANIPULATE PUBLIC OPINION: DISGUSTING

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
fukk man you muthufukkas got me triggered now.

Y’all do this same dumb shyt every fukking time. Then I’m right and y’all run the fukk away.

On more time read you stupid muthufukkas
Digital Foundry said:
In last year's Project Scarlett E3 teaser, Jason Ronald - partner director of project management at Xbox - described how the SSD could be used as 'virtual memory', a teaser of sorts that only begins to hint at the functionality Microsoft has built into its system.

On the hardware level, the custom NVMe drive is very, very different to any other kind of SSD you've seen before. It's shorter, for starters, presenting more like a memory card of old. It's also rather heavy, likely down to the solid metal construction that acts as a heat sink that was to handle silicon that consumes 3.8 watts of power. Many PC SSDs 'fade' in performance terms as they heat up - and similar to the CPU and GPU clocks, this simply wasn't acceptable to Microsoft, who believe that consistent performance across the board is a must for the design of their consoles.

ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

The form factor is cute, the 2.4GB/s of guaranteed throughput is impressive, but it's the software APIs and custom hardware built into the SoC that deliver what Microsoft believes to be a revolution - a new way of using storage to augment memory (an area where no platform holder will be able to deliver a more traditional generational leap). The idea, in basic terms at least, is pretty straightforward - the game package that sits on storage essentially becomes extended memory, allowing 100GB of game assets stored on the SSD to be instantly accessible by the developer. It's a system that Microsoft calls the Velocity Architecture and the SSD itself is just one part of the system.

"Our second component is a high-speed hardware decompression block that can deliver over 6GB/s," reveals Andrew Goossen. "This is a dedicated silicon block that offloads decompression work from the CPU and is matched to the SSD so that decompression is never a bottleneck. The decompression hardware supports Zlib for general data and a new compression [system] called BCPack that is tailored to the GPU textures that typically comprise the vast majority of a game's package size."
fukk, y’all some dummys:scust:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Xbots gonna be on life support. All that power and no games :mjlol:

:mjlol:

Jason Shcrier said:
You're misunderstanding. What I'm trying to explain is that despite Sony's marketing flub, and despite the direct spec sheet comparisons, the sentiment from game developers is all about how exciting this thing is. So as console warrior after console warrior fights over teraflops, my advice is to listen to the people who have actually been using the machine.

PS5 is clearly more powerful but the XsX is more powerfuler too. Damn I can't wait :wow:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ryse 2 incoming?

:blessed:

giphy.gif

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
fukk man you muthufukkas got me triggered now.

Y’all do this same dumb shyt every fukking time. Then I’m right and y’all run the fukk away.

On more time read you stupid muthufukkas

fukk, y’all some dummys:scust:
In the article it states that the decompression rate is 6gb a second breh, sony is claiming 22gb breh.

:snoop:

This shyt literally shows the difference.

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps

Xbots gonna be on life support. All that power and no games :mjlol:

:mjlol:

PS5 is clearly more powerful but the XsX is more powerfuler too. Damn I can't wait :wow:

You and the other Sony stans on resetera keep grasping for straws. WHy are ya'll linking Sony devs and journalists praising the system? Thats like Turn 10 saying the xbox is better lmao

Andrea Pessino
@AndreaPessino
Founder/CTO of Ready At Dawn Studios

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
No it's not blast processing but I'm sure you don't know that nor care to know.

I'll let you get that. Just remember I keep receipts on deck. Don't get mad when you on that summer jam screen.

:ufdup:

It is what it is. Had to get that one off. The 5 will no doubt be great, but Cerny Juelzing was too good. That presentation was hilarious in a nerdy, stupid way.

would Sony have the nuts to drop the 5 at 399? :lupe:

That would be crazy, but can they afford it? They could be betting the farm doing that. I would respect it. I think MS should and put Sony under max pressure, as they for sure can afford it.

Jason Schrier

He was critical of the "reveal" yesterday but watch, somehow Xbots are going to suddenly say he's a liar even though yesterday they quoted him when he was critical.

This isn't the same thing but you don't seem to really get that. It's no point. I don't know why nikkas who aren't even that well versed in this are commenting. Saying this is like E3 2013 is funny because this ISN'T E3 2013, E3 hasn't happened yet. This was just a tech talk for developers. I'm really going to stop talking until more is shown because people are just going to look at a side by side number and make dumb comments when they have literally seen nothing to actual draw comparisons from.

Digital Foundry themselves said the Teraflops alone isn't much to gleam from.

They just made this video. Watch it.

To keep it all the way real, I feel these industry types are caping for Sony, as they run shyt right now. Besides the alleged SSD/IO superiority, the XSX is looking like the shyt, and the 5 seems a bit underwhelming. If MS closes the gap on games, especially if they can find a killer app on Halo level, this next get will be way different.