Trump The Felon vs Biden The Wanderer Round 1: Official 2024 Presidential Debate Thread 6/27 (Live on Tubi)

Who winning/won the debate

• Donald Trump

Votes: 83 46.9%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 94 53.1%

• Total voters

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of you all seriously have no idea the amount of chaos that would happen in an imaginary world where a sitting president was replaced on a ticket 4 months before the election.
that debate performance gave them all the excuse in the world that they need

it probably wont be done, but it COULD be done. people in the DNC would have to step up, and say "joe, you've served admirably, but the party's lost faith in you. we can do this privately with you, or publicly without you". and it would open up a landslide of dems openly getting on board

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Why do you care you still gonna vote for biden right???:dahell:

I thought us "shills" were unable to be objective...I call it straight and you're still getting mad :skip:

And yes, I'd vote for a deluxe diarrhea smoothie with sprinkles if it meant Trump would lose.

IDGAF what your petty vendetta against Biden is. Trump should never again be close enough to get a whiff of the Oval Office.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another thing, as Newsome himself alluded about, is that the Dems should be ashamed of themselves for throwing Biden under the bus and pretty much not showing a sign of solidarity. I don't believe each and every last Dem in the party feels negatively about Biden's performance last night, I'm suspecting that it's the progressives and Dems who already had disdain and disapproval for Biden since he was nominated back in the 2019-2020 election primaries who are loudly throwing him under the bus.

Whoever (because someone had to be the one to suggest) made and propose that statement last night should be disciplined because regardless if Biden steps down or not, they may have self sabotaged the party and their chances of winning just off that statement alone.

This wasn't the right time to do him like that because not only does it effect morale and confidence for Biden himself but also within the voters because you're putting the voters in a state of concern which can create apathy, even if you were to drop Biden the problem is that this late into the election season it'll come across as desperate and a sign of weakness/turmoil which the Republicans will pounce on that advantage.
This is gymnastics breh

What y'all miss when you make these magic lamp proclamations is the fact that you can't conceive the fact that you're late to the party

Y'all are really downplaying how bad he looked last night , and has been looking for years now. It's not some conspiracy inside the democratic party. You talking about the possibility of creating apathy when nikkas been apathetic. There's nothing to create

These are the type of mental gymnastics that are born out of defiantly ignoring people that you don't agree with

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
This is gymnastics breh

What y'all miss when you make these magic lamp proclamations is the fact that you can't conceive the fact that you're late to the party

Y'all are really downplaying how bad he looked last night , and has been looking for years now. It's not some conspiracy inside the democratic party. You talking about the possibility of creating apathy when nikkas been apathetic. There's nothing to create

These are the type of mental gymnastics that are born out of defiantly ignoring people that you don't agree with
The whole point is that you can acknowledge Biden's bad performance last night but still show a sense of solidarity by standing behind him regardless of what happens in November.

I'm not the biggest fan of Nancy Pelosi but she kept everybody in line during times like this, Jeffries is a good leader but he needs be a bit more assertive in his power because whoever leaked that opinion/suggestion was doing the party more harm than good.

This was a classic case of “cutting off one's nose to spite one's face” type of situation.

Publicly denouncing and throwing him under the bus while “begging” him to step down especially during these critical moments of the election season when parties are supposed be showing solidarity and standing firm with eachother, none of this is helping the party. It's just creating turmoil at the wrong time and instilling concern and fear among voters creating apathetic feelings.

This is self sabotage and as I said before that there's progressives and other Dems who haven't liked Biden ever since he was the elected candidate in the primaries back in '19-20, this was a poor time to publicly shame the man. Whoever that (or they) was who leaked that proposal last night wasn't working in the party's best interest, they want to see the party lose. It makes you question the motive of that or those persons.

You don't give the opposition (Republican party) more ammunition to use against you, just like Newsom said, he's standing firm behind Biden for the remainder of this election because that's what you're supposed to do, not turn your back, win or lose, you live with the results and try again next time but don't sabotage yourself before you even make it to the finish line.

Biden can have this bad debate and despite the odds still miraculously win because there's plenty of time to recap and focus but you'll never know if you push him out the door before it's even over...if the two candidates you replace him with wind up losing then you'll be sitting there wondering to yourself on “what if” you stood pat and how things could've or might've played out differently.

Last edited:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I appreciate the fact that the DNC is owning up to Biden's poor debate performance last night. Joe, Obama, several Democratic leaders, and numerous news stations have all said as much today. Honesty and humility can go a long way with some people. I was really hoping for the return of the 'SOTU Joe Biden' last night, but instead, we got 'Joe the Elder Gaffe Machine’ instead.

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Publicly denouncing and throwing him under the bus while “begging” him to step down especially during these critical moments of the election season when parties are supposed be showing solidarity and standing firm with eachother, none of this is helping the party. It's just creating turmoil at the wrong time and instilling concern and fear among voters creating apathetic feelings.
the problem is that it wasn't like, one gaffe. or one or two instances where he misspoke

it was 90 minutes, right out the gate, of a guy who should be in a nursing home. not in the white house when a terrorist attack happens :dead:

i think biden can salvage it in september, if he kicks trump's ass in that debate. but he better get real hopped up on drugs