Trump The Felon vs Biden The Wanderer Round 1: Official 2024 Presidential Debate Thread 6/27 (Live on Tubi)

Who winning/won the debate

• Donald Trump

Votes: 83 46.9%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 94 53.1%

• Total voters

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I appreciate the fact that the DNC is owning up to Biden's poor debate performance last night. Joe, Obama, several Democratic leaders, and numerous news stations have all said as much today. Honesty and humility can go a long way with some people. I was really hoping for the return of the 'SOTU Joe Biden' last night, but instead, we got 'Joe the Elder Gaffe Machine’ instead.
They have no choice. We all saw what happened. Joe and Trump are already stomping again so their best bet is for everybody to move on from that debacle they called a debate.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
He should've picked Gretch

220406-gretchen-whitmer-joe-biden-jm-0824.jpg
Cacs already tried to kidnap her

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The whole point is that you can acknowledge Biden's bad performance last night but still show a sense of solidarity by standing behind him regardless of what happens in November.

I'm not the biggest fan of Nancy Pelosi but she kept everybody in line during times like this, Jeffries is a good leader but he needs be a bit more assertive in his power because whoever leaked that opinion/suggestion was doing the party more harm than good.

This was a classic case of “cutting off one's nose to spite one's face” type of situation.

Publicly denouncing and throwing him under the bus while “begging” him to step down especially during these critical moments of the election season when parties are supposed be showing solidarity and standing firm with eachother, none of this is helping the party. It's just creating turmoil at the wrong time and instilling concern and fear among voters creating apathetic feelings.

This is self sabotage and as I said before that there's progressives and other Dems who haven't liked Biden ever since he was the elected candidate in the primaries back in '19-20, this was a poor time to publicly shame the man. Whoever that (or they) was who leaked that proposal last night wasn't working in the party's best interest, they want to see the party lose. It makes you question the motive of that or those persons.

You don't give the opposition (Republican party) more ammunition to use against you, just like Newsom said, he's standing firm behind Biden for the remainder of this election because that's what you're supposed to do, not turn your back, win or lose, you live with the results and try again next time but don't sabotage yourself before you even make it to the finish line.

Biden can have this bad debate and despite the odds still miraculously win because there's plenty of time to recap and focus but you'll never know if you push him out the door before it's even over...if the two candidates you replace him with wind up losing then you'll be sitting there wondering to yourself on “what if” you stood pat and how things could've or might've played out differently.
These thoughts would be sensible if not for atrocious timing and Dem's inactivity and kick the can politics catching up to them

You want to talk about them cutting off their nose to spite their face but that nose was cut off long before last night. That's how you ended up with last night

This may seem off topic but this type of crippling inactivity is what a lot of people hate about Dems. I get that Obama is near irreplaceable but they should've been extremely aggressive in crafting or adopting a successor. Instead they kick the can down the road, Mean Girls, and soft talk themselves into this garbage ass position. This inability to face shyt head on is part of what I'm getting from your posts

I agree that you don't give the other side more ammunition but honestly it's too late for all that:mjlol: Last night was plenty of ammunition which is my point. I understand that saving face is a major element of politics but saving face can be a dangerous crutch when there's too much house work to be done. If you got Dems speaking up now it's because the frustration of being dismissed has reached a boiling point and that shyt needs to be addressed asap

They made this bed

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
He said you ain't Black if you don't vote for him..so if you are Black and ignored that statement while voting for him in the name of "blue no matter who" you are indeed a self hating idiot
this isnt about Biden or Trump, this is about the PLATFORM.

what dont people understand? every aspect of the goverment is on the line. this isnt a popularity contest.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

what dont people understand? every aspect of the goverment is on the line. this isnt a popularity contest.
Yep. Also, it's not just the president on the ballot.

It's the US Senate, the US House, and other offices there too. People should still vote regardless. But it's typical; people won't vote but then will complain about "How did we get here?"

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep. Also, it's not just the president on the ballot.

It's the US Senate, the US House, and other offices there too. People should still vote regardless. But it's typical; people won't vote but then will complain about "How did we get here?"
This is a false equivalence because most of the people saying "How did we get here" are the voters

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps

With another 4 years (if he doesnt die of natural causes) of dementia ridden Biden in there, I agree

Daps
Seek help
he’s not wrong, though. polls show opinions weren’t changed by last night’s debate.

most of the electorate would vote for a tomato if it meant donald trump won’t return to the white house.

i think some of you greatly underestimate how disliked trump is. and, this dislike it isn’t even attributable to his facist tendencies, as much as it should be.

most voters don’t want trump back because of his malignant ineptitude during covid. if you think america is going to forget how grievously he dropped the ball during the pandemic, you are very wrong.

nobody wants to go through that nightmare again, especially with him at the helm.

:francis:

Last edited:

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
he’s not wrong, though. polls show opinions weren’t changed by last night’s debate.

most of the electorate would vote for a tomato if it meant donald trump won’t return to the white house.

i think some of you greatly underestimate how disliked trump is. and, this dislike it isn’t even attributable to his facial tendencies, as much as it should be.

most voters don’t want trump back because of his malignant ineptitude during covid. if you think america is going to forget how grievously he dropped the ball during the pandemic, you are very wrong.

nobody wants to go through that nightmare again, especially with him at the helm.

:francis:
Produce the receipts please