Trump snaps on NBC reporter at press conference :dahell:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They're not watching though. I watch everyday so I can stay up to date with what's happening as they receive new information and the situation continues to evolve. Most folks are getting their updates from tweets, reddit, etc without watching the full 1-2hr conference. They have no context within which to build opinions about the situation because their information is incomplete. You still have people who think that the US 'turned down' WHO test kits-- when WHO themselves said kits are only made available to underdeveloped countries; which the US is not.
Preach.

It irked me to no end having to watch Fauci explain to some douchebag looking for a hot take about the fact that we will not test everyone, its not going to happen and its not the overall goal to test every american, and that actions aren't taken purely on the basis of testing results. I feel for that guy because I know he's dealing with dumb shyt from both ends. Other stuff like the distribution conflicts and friction points between local/state/fed has been really informative. There are some good reporters out there and solid efforts being made. This whole thing is like turning an aircraft carrier though. There's no domestic/medical patriot act. The president can't just override multiple levels of government outside of his station (and its not a trump specific thing either, state/local gov has been proudly telling the fed to fukk off for allllllll sorts of shyt for the past 3 admins in particular..).

If people want to jump into markets, this is a great time to learn the ins and outs too. Tons of opportunities to spot.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Trump is going to say dumb shyt, but if reporters are sitting up there asking bait questions or shyt about "kung flu" then that's just as bad as Trump lying. It's a gigantic waste of time and a waste of that reporters white house press credential. There are very clear issues with people wanting to know about the stimulus, evictions, shelter-in-place, jobs etc...and some of these reporters still tryna get soundbytes.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Preach.

It irked me to no end having to watch Fauci explain to some douchebag looking for a hot take about the fact that we will not test everyone, its not going to happen and its not the overall goal to test every american, and that actions aren't taken purely on the basis of testing results. I feel for that guy because I know he's dealing with dumb shyt from both ends. Other stuff like the distribution conflicts and friction points between local/state/fed has been really informative. There are some good reporters out there and solid efforts being made. This whole thing is like turning an aircraft carrier though. There's no domestic/medical patriot act. The president can't just override multiple levels of government outside of his station (and its not a trump specific thing either, state/local gov has been proudly telling the fed to fukk off for allllllll sorts of shyt for the past 3 admins in particular..).

If people want to jump into markets, this is a great time to learn the ins and outs too. Tons of opportunities to spot.
This. I've really been deep diving into the supply chain for various industries as a result.

snikt6384

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I watched the whole conference, and did see the framing of the reporters questions leading into that one. But while the context of the interaction was different had you been watching the whole thing, anyone with any degree of poise, integrity, intelligence and control of their emotions would have cracked that out the fukking park.

That man was looking to get Trump to stop being full of shyt, and it agitated Trump, but ultimately he gave him a softball. Maybe a disingenuous one, but a softball nonetheless. An opportunity to look GOOD, even if his motives weren't entirely benevolent. And Trump responded like a fukking child.

You can point out that the reporter did not have Trump's best interest at heart. But the PRESIDENT is supposed to be competent enough to peep that and not lose his shyt, but pivot in a way that reassures the nation and makes him look good simultaneously. This man can't do that. Because he's all fukking ego.