Trump Removes Obama AFFH Rule

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Housing created by this rule is not exempt from property tax (which is what pays for your school system) so what are you really saying?

This is my main issue.

As long as schools are funded by mostly property tax, poor areas will have sub par academic resources.

If schools were funded properly and equally this wouldn't even be an issue.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Low income housing can be categorized as Public Housing and Section 8.
  • Public Housing: Housing units managed by the local housing authority that offers affordable rentals to low-income households. The units are priced based on a percentage of one’s income.
  • Section 8: A program that provides subsidies or vouchers to make up the difference between an area’s rental rates and what low-income families can actually afford. These vouchers can be used in any housing unit where Section 8 is accepted.
Section 8 really isn't a big issue for home owners in affluent areas because they don't affect home values like Public Housing does. I would guarantee overwhelming majority of all black neighborhood home owners would be unhappy if public housing were to be built in the neighborhood they spent a lot of money on. Are they c00ns too?

Folks always wanna act like poor = black :mjpls:

Sounding like Trump saying "what have you got to lose?"

Forgetting that a lot of black folks are successful out there

African-American-Income-1967-to-2016.png

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
You're to ignorant to realize that he is continuing a pattern of white supremacist housing tactics to appeal to his base. Read this
32191706._SY475_.jpg

I read the book in the Breaking Brown book club, and I own a home in a “covenant” community, genius.

Congrats on your newfound book knowledge.

Come back and holla at me when you get some real life experience to go along with it.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Destroying income and wealth inequality should be the focus instead of giving a few poor folks an opportunity.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only white people live in the suburbs? Does that mean that the blacks that live there are c00ns? Do the blacks that live there want low income housing next to them? Explain your logic here.
The logic is backed pretty good by red lining and discriminatory housing loans practices.

That's why the suburbs are white in the first place.

The more you know breh.

The problem is that you're equating not being financially well-off to being a criminal or bad homeowner which is not the case.

Even in high crime, high poverty neighborhoods, criminals are the MINORITY of residents responsible for the majority of crimes.

If you really believe the bolded you should stop and consider why you actually feel that way because it's most likely an ingrained bias due to negative propaganda.
Hence why I say there's a lot of "Pro black" white supremacists on here.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Folks always wanna act like poor = black :mjpls:

Sounding like Trump saying "what have you got to lose?"

Forgetting that a lot of black folks are successful out there

This the shyt that pisses me off breh.

I don’t know about PLENTY, but it’s definitely some.

(Most of them are related to me) :lolbron:

Most people that really grew up in the hood and fought their way to get out that bytch probably feel the same.

You bust your ass to get a good education/trade/career, finally reach your dream of homeownership in a neighborhood where you ain’t gotta worry too much about your child catching a stray, and these muthafukkas fukk around and bring the hood to you.

:snoop:

Daps
Young whites (With their parent's money) are making the cities unaffordable while their parents fight to keep the suburbs off limits. Black people arent going to have any fukking where to live at this rate!

This

The biggest transfer of wealth in the history of America is coming.

Meanwhile we're butthurt over a program that didn't help in the first place.

Daps
fukk Trump. What he’s doing is blatant classism with a dog whistle of racism..

But your concerns are valid, and shared by a lot of middle class Black home owners.

My neighborhood is 80% Black and middle/upper class. We have this app called Next Door and if you could read the daily updates from the Black home owners you would think they were :mjpls:

But it’s not about race because for the most part we all are Black. It’s about values and priorities.

When you are invested as a home owner and your life savings is tied into a piece of land, you really care about it’s value.

I have to admit, I can drive around my neighborhood, and tell exactly who owns, and who “rents”. The house two houses away from me has been section 8 for a long time, and the current residents aren’t terrible, because they don’t make a lot of noise. But the other day, I was watering my grass, and one of the women finished drinking a bottle of water, then threw the bottle right in front of her house in the street.

:hhh:

I just find people who pay full price tend to take better care of their property.

:hubie:

With that said, they aren’t being violent.