Trump Removes Obama AFFH Rule

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Putting all the low income housing in one place, creates ghettos. This is proven. It has also been proven the placing single low income houses scattered throughout communites improves the lifestlye of the people in those in lowincome houses. Having one neighbor in a low income house is not going to have a measurable impact on their neighbors, thats just fearmongering. But it does have a major impact on the low income indivduals.
It also makes it harder for white people to target low income communities.

There is an HBO series the explains this issue better than me. Show me a Hero. check it out.

That's great and all, but why would you want to live around white folks anyway? If this makes whites leave the neighborhood because low income are coming in, I say good riddance, more cheap housing for all of us

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I got mixed feeling on this issue. I’m in the burbs in a great school system. I pay a lot to live this way. People who can’t afford to live here shouldn’t.
fukk Trump. What he’s doing is blatant classism with a dog whistle of racism..

But your concerns are valid, and shared by a lot of middle class Black home owners.

My neighborhood is 80% Black and middle/upper class. We have this app called Next Door and if you could read the daily updates from the Black home owners you would think they were :mjpls:

But it’s not about race because for the most part we all are Black. It’s about values and priorities.

When you are invested as a home owner and your life savings is tied into a piece of land, you really care about it’s value.

Daps
Obama added new provisions in 2015.
...anything to shyt on Obama:snoop:

So did many other presidents.

I was addressing the thread and article (and other articles I saw) making it seem like Obama started this

Also, I illustrated that this law largely failed...again, black homeownership is back to the rate is was in 1968 and trump JUST rolled shyt back

But, you all want to be "Me and Obama and Democrats v. c00ns and CACs" and it blinds you to context.

Now, have any comments on the 99% of the post? Or did you cherry pick the one thing you could address, troll?
Love how you conveniently and purposely leave out the fact that the entire United States housing market crashed in 2008 and its effects didnt reverse EVEN FOR whites until his 2nd term

I didn't

This is a black messageboard, so I didn't think to mention CACs

....oh, and black homeownership is still worst as it's be been in 50 years and there was no direct action to pick up the slack

Nice try

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
This actually helps rich white liberals and Asians the most.

The suburbs have more minorities moving in while poorer whites move further out to rural areas.

The majority of section 8 recipients are white. This probably hurts poor white people the most. :mjlol:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Low income does not automatically mean criminal, low morality, low work ethics, or even low class...

Immoral, lazy, uncouth criminals come from the suburbs as well.

theres where the majority of white collar criminals originate.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
My father in law can't stand Trump but I know he ain't mad at this

full

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Access to better environments and resources absolutely helps. FOH with this Calvinist bullshyt.

No it doesn’t.

Section 8 apartments come into the neighborhood, the kids in the apartments treat the neighborhood like they’re still in the projects, crime goes up, businesses move out, property values drop, another hood is created.

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I honestly don't even know how section 8 would work in a good suburb, what landlord is putting a $300k+ single family crib on section 8 voucher? To get a max of $1200 when they could get much more from a normal tenant
Reading what AFFH actually is I don't really see how it would really help black people, couldn't wealthy suburbs just refuse the federal HUD money and continue to thrive off their high property tax base going bout they business.

They take the diff betw what they get off the voucher and what they should be charging and take it out of their taxes I believe

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Trump internal polling must reflect what public polling shows which is that his support among the suburbs are plummetting. This is a good sign even if his motivations and actions are despicable. Because, he is trying to reshore his support among suburban voters by going to the tried and true and really all he has left which is dog whistling racism.
It’s not going to work this time though.

You can’t get people to care about their home values, when they don’t have any income to pay their mortgage.

This is a “peace time” strategy in the middle of a national crisis.