Trump Removes Obama AFFH Rule

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again...what are the democrats going to counter with for lower middle class black people? Why would vote I for some shyt that can just constantly be overturned back and forth? Time for them to start thinking larger and more permanent. Sitting up here being threatened with some flimsy back and forth level shyt. This is what we are reduced to?

I mean, I get it you clearly don't understand. This isn't on "the dems". Any policy ordered by a president can be undone by another president. Any law that you want, has to go thru Congress as the President doesn't create laws. When Congress doesn't want to pass a law the President has limited ability to create policies thru Executive Order. So because Obama had 6 years of a Republican dominated Congress, stuff like this could never get signed into law, so he had to do what he could with Executive Orders and policies like this.

This of course is not what Obama preferred because obviously these can be struck down by one person as you see here. But there's no magical button to press here that fixes things. You want laws passed in your favor, then you have to control Congress. And even then, those laws can be thrown out by another congress.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wait are 'Black' coli posters ok with Trump essentially dismantling the Fair Housing Act and the provisions Obama added to it account for modern times and add additional protections? This a good thing?
I give Trump one credit, he knows most Americans don't know shyt about how they government works and won't truly understand the fukk shyt he and the GOP are doing until years down the road (see the USPS as another glaring example)

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I mean, I get it you clearly don't understand. This isn't on "the dems". Any policy ordered by a president can be undone by another president. Any law that you want, has to go thru Congress as the President doesn't create laws. When Congress doesn't want to pass a law the President has limited ability to create policies thru Executive Order. So because Obama had 6 years of a Republican dominated Congress, stuff like this could never get signed into law, so he had to do what he could with Executive Orders and policies like this.

This of course is not what Obama preferred because obviously these can be struck down as you see here. But there's no magical button to press here that fixes things. You want laws passed in your favor, then you have to control Congress. And even then, those laws can be thrown out by another congress.
So what are the Dems and Biden offering lower middle class blacks that will be a more permanent solution to black housing? You seem to think my question is rhetorical. What are they going to do? I actually want to know.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Wait are 'Black' coli posters ok with Trump essentially dismantling the Fair Housing Act and the provisions Obama added to it account for modern times and add additional protections? This a good thing?
I’m not for him dismantling anything, until something better is put into place.

And I’m definitely not for his dog whistle white supremacy Twitter fingers.

But shyt is fukked up for Black homeowners out here. Under Carter, under Regan, Under The Bush’s, Clinton’s and Obama. All fukked up.

We either have to live in these “prestigious” all white neighborhoods where everyone is a white Republikkkan that hates our guts.

Or live in an “up and coming” Black neighborhood with white liberals trying their best to incentivize the lack of Black nuclear families, while gentrifying our community.

Black homeowners need some type of national database or support group.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So what are the Dems and Biden offering lower middle class blacks that will be a more permanent solution to black housing? You seem to think my question is rhetorical. What are they going to do? I actually want to know.

They could promise you a million things and actually mean all of it but its still meaningless if they don't win both the House and Senate. And even then the really important bills require more than a simple majority meaning you either have to win big in both houses or you have to get Republicans to agree with your bill.

You can look at the DNC platform here though, they start housing on page 14:
https://www.demconvention.com/wp-co...020-07-21-DRAFT-Democratic-Party-Platform.pdf

Its standard stuff. Expanding Section 8, signing Obama's housing regulations into law, tax credits for first time buyers etc. But again, it means nothing if they don't win.

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
I knew there would be some blowback in this thread but I’m fine with that. My point was that owning a home or any type of real estate is the main asset in creating wealth.

As black people we struggle with the idea of generational wealth. So I’d like for all of us to own more property with values going up, versus assuming that we are only capable of living in low income housing and have no ownership.

You here caping for Donald Trump executive moves intended specifically to keep suburbs and homeowners white and limit working class black folks from obtaining homes and generational wealth, but youre concerned about black people being able to obtain homes and wealth? Man at first I though HL dudes are exaggerating but TLR really is Looney Tunes when it comes on to talking politics, certainly pro black politics. Youre perpetuating and supporting the same ideas that keep black people from generational wealth to begin with.

Remember that this isnt the only roll back of Obama era civil rights and anti-discrimination efforts. He's also stripped the DOJ of Obama-era civil rights division intended to defend and address our rights. He had his DOJ reverse a decision to prosecute the cop that killed Eric Garner. He has attacked affirmative and has had his DOJ look into "discrimination" against white college applicants instead.

Like someone else said for a man that "didnt do shyt for black people" according to every attention starved hotep looking for a cheap come-up, Trump sure works overtime to rid America of all these Obama regulations and laws that was doing shyt for black people.

This is alright but I bet you one of those that never heard of the 94 crime bill until a bunch of hypocrite conservatives and TLR Trump supporters got down your ear and told you to not vote.

Dude is a stone cold white supremacist and a failed President running the closest thing to a fascist white power regime and somehow he still got negroes on the internet batting for his shyt talking about "he right about this." He right about nothing. Something is damn wrong with you if you think this shyt contributes in anyway to helping build black wealth. I swear TLR piss me off with yalls political naivete And phony wokeness.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s exactly what is.

A mind fukk.

When you identify with poverty, you will forever be poor, even if you happen to come across a little money from time to time.

That’s the “secret” of Think And Grow Rich.

Whats telling in this post is that people readily equate lower income/poverty with black people.. :pachaha:

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
So did many other presidents.

I was addressing the thread and article (and other articles I saw) making it seem like Obama started this

Also, I illustrated that this law largely failed...again, black homeownership is back to the rate is was in 1968 and trump JUST rolled shyt back

But, you all want to be "Me and Obama and Democrats v. c00ns and CACs" and it blinds you to context.

Now, have any comments on the 99% of the post? Or did you cherry pick the one thing you could address, troll?

I didn't

This is a black messageboard, so I didn't think to mention CACs

....oh, and black homeownership is still worst as it's be been in 50 years and there was no direct action to pick up the slack

Nice try
Youre in a thread about Donald Trump rescinding Obama era rules that were intended to increase black homeownership and wealth claiming there was no direct action by Obama to help increase black homeownership and wealth.

Vote Trump and get ot over with homie. Im tired of all the fake woke orations about "my people" on this forum. Yall full of shyt and love the attention of being nagging contrarians

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I’m gonna be hella :mjpls: on this one

As someone who has personally seen neighborhoods completely ruined due to nikkas coming in and destroying everything.

nikkas come in with 7 adults living in one house, parking cars in the grass, and playing music all night. It’s not the people themselves so much as the mentality they bring. Everything is treated with little value. Y’all need to be honest, most of us worked hard as hell to get away from all of that.
Uncle Ruckus level posting

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Youre in a thread about Donald Trump rescinding Obama era rules that were intended to increase black homeownership and wealth claiming there was no direct action by Obama to help increase black homeownership and wealth.

Vote Trump and get ot over with homie. Im tired of all the fake woke orations about "my people" on this forum. Yall full of shyt and love the attention of being nagging contrarians

You can get black wealth and homeownership in ANY community..

Our problem is we don't want to sacrifice now, for black wealth in the future..

We could obtain that no matter who's in the W.H..

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
why should you care about the cost of your neighbors home?

Comps are very important in list price when you sell your place. If I'm in a condo complex and two units in my complex sell for substantially less than what I bought mine for..chances are I'm also going to take an L when I try and sell mine.

But anyways, section 8 housing doesnt really negatively affect many neighborhoods. Fair market values for units often go by zip code and amount of bedrooms and vary. It's not like all section 8 housing is a set limit regardless of area. A place in a low value zip code isn't going to go for the same price as a high value zip code whether it is section 8 approved or not.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a tough one. I got a crib in the burbs and if they errected low income housing next to my crib I would be pissed. That said, What's the problem with putting housing in high traffic/urban areas in the suburbs that may not be as desirable? A building isn't going to fukk up the neighbourhood.