Trump Removes Obama AFFH Rule

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn shame No one can have different opinion on this site anymore
There are lots of differing opinions on here. Supporting this presidency is one that's just not tolerated here because at the end of the day, we're by and large people with conviction. If you don't understand that, you got work to do breh

Daps
It didn't work because no government was ever legally required to actually enforce it. Obamas administration changed that in 2015.

I got time, today

Here we go

In July 2015, HUD promulgated the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing Rule pursuant to the Fair Housing Act. It requires cities and towns which receive Federal money for any housing or urban development related purpose to examine whether there are any barriers to fair housing, housing patterns or practices that promote bias based on any protected class under the Fair Housing Act, and to create a plan for rectifying fair housing barriers. The intention is to promote equal housing opportunities and level the playing field so that all neighborhoods provide the quality services and amenities that are important for people to live successful lives. Civil rights groups hailed the rule citing decades-long patterns of government-sponsored segregation and discriminatory practices, while conservatives decried it as "social engineering."[2][3][4]

The 2015 rules required cities and towns, in order to receive funding from HUD to document patterns of racial bias in their neighborhoods, to publicly report the results every three to five years, and to set and track goals to reduce segregation.[5][6] Under the new rules, any jurisdiction that receives money from HUD must analyze its housing occupancy by race, disability, familial status, economic status, English proficiency, and other categories. It must then analyze factors which contribute to any prohibitive barriers in housing and formulate a plan to remedy the impediments. The plan can be approved or disapproved by HUD. This is done at both the local and regional level. For example, a major city, such as Chicago, will have to analyze any racial disparities within Chicago, and Chicago suburbs will analyze their own racial disparities. In addition, Chicago and the suburbs will have to analyze any disparities as compared with each other. Thereafter, the community has to track progress (or lack thereof). The planning cycle will be repeated every five years. If the Federal Government is not satisfied with a community's efforts to reduce disparities, federal funds could be withheld.
[7]

Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is from wiki.

This change was made in his last full year in office..Year 7.

The rule says towns and cities receiving HUD funds must document...just document...racial data. Not acting inject the communities with anythign to prevent segargation. Just document it.

It has to be reported every three to five years. That means the very first report would have came in 2018 (primary year) or 2020 (election year). And if they data is fukked up...HUD still has the power to approve or dissapprove funding.

This is what ya'll want everyone to be outraged about?

This was 2015.

Look how sharp the drop was in 2010...and he waited 5 years for an amendment.

figure1-8ecfb9.png

Again, people read "Obama" then "law" then "Trump" and go crazy.

I'm lost as to why you keep posting this graphic? This has to be the most disingenuous reach I've seen in a while. Obama walked into the biggest economic collapse (until this year) America had seen since the 1930s. What does this graphic even prove? Is this to contrast how home ownership shot up for whites, latinos, and every other demographic in America? Blacks were the only ones impacted by the market crash apparently.:patrice:

Everyone keeps posting how this law (originally signed in 1968 and amended in 2015 and 2020) was so important to black homeownership between now and then

And our rate continuously went down.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I got time, today

Here we go

Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is from wiki.

This change was made in his last full year in office..Year 7.

The rule says towns and cities receiving HUD funds must document...just document...racial data. Not acting inject the communities with anythign to prevent segargation. Just document it.

It has to be reported every three to five years. That means the very first report would have came in 2018 (primary year) or 2020 (election year). And if they data is fukked up...HUD still has the power to approve or dissapprove funding.

This is what ya'll want everyone to be outraged about?

This was 2015.

Look how sharp the drop was in 2010...and he waited 5 years for an amendment.

figure1-8ecfb9.png

Again, people read "Obama" then "law" then "Trump" and go crazy.

Everyone keeps posting how this law (originally signed in 1968 and amended in 2015 and 2020) was so important to black homeownership between now and then

And our rate continuously went down.

:francis:

They hate to see it breh..

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Damn shame No one can have different opinion on this site anymore
You never could. If you want true difference of opinion you gotta be offline where we all can see who we are talking to. That cuts a lot of,the bullshyt out that you get in online discourse.

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
There are lots of differing opinions on here. Supporting this presidency is one that's just not tolerated here because at the end of the day, we're by and large people with conviction. If you don't understand that, you got work to do breh
No one supports Trump on here. But we do have a majority saying both sides are the same. So basically supporting any president candidate means we "c00ning".

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I told mufukkas when y'all was laughing at the Mexicans when he was on they ass that black folk was next. If non-racist white folk told us to HYON we'd be ass out.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown: It's got to be stressful to be triggered by the most retarded president ever.

He doesn't deserve all that blood boiling in our bodies.

They're actually mad because Trump is keeping their c00n a$$ out of white suburbs.. Please believe if a low income black wanted to move in a predominantly black suburb (middle class) it'll be no problem..

I don't care about living around white people, thats why this doesn't bother me.

And just like brehs didn't care about a black man holding a Trump sign getting killed, i don't care about a c00n loosing his right to find housing among CACs..

:manny: