Trump just put in a rush order to execute 4 more Black folk before inauguration day

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We're talking about inmates on death row?

If so, who cares? What if one of these guys was in for a beating a child to death with a hammer for defending his smaller sister ( I'm sure some of y'all remember that story).

Lot of disingenuous fake outrage here.
So you think the entire rest of the world is crazy? You think the 175 countries and 45 states who didn't execute a single person this year are just wacky, that it's only a handful of violent dictators and vengeful Southerners who know whats up regarding crime and punishment?

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
So you think the entire rest of the world is crazy? You think the 175 countries and 45 states who didn't execute a single person this year are just wacky, that it's only a handful of violent dictators and vengeful Southerners who know whats up regarding crime and punishment?

I have no sympathy for heinous degenerate criminals. That's my final stance. I don't care about the juxtaposition to other countries or nations. Trump wants to expedite the process? Don't care. He's an a$$hole anyway.

Miss me with all self-righteous banter.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
@saturn7 negged me for calling out his wild juelzing to defend Trump. :mjlol:

Imagine someone who couldn't bear to see LeBron get criticized, who attacked Kobe every time LeBron's faults get mentioned even if Kobe wasn't even part of the conversation....and then imagine that person saying that he wasn't a fan of LeBron. :francis:

This is yalls first Black President you Democratic bootlicks love to defend.

#BOTHSIDES
#fukkEMALL

First off, I'm not a Democrat and I don't like Clinton. You haven't seen me ever call him that "first Black president" bullshyt and I've criticized Clinton FAR more than I've defended him on these boards.

Second, once again, the only example you can come up with was one executed TWENTY-EIGHT years ago. Because it has NEVER happened again since then. Neither Clinton nor Obama ever executed a single prisoner in their entire presidencies. Democrat-led states in general basically stopped executing people 10 years ago.

Do you how stupid you sound trying to get us to stop attacking Trump by bringing up shyt someone else stopped doing decades ago? Clinton executed someone in fukking 1992, an entirely different era, and then never did it again, and that means that we need to give Trump a free pass for crazy bullshyt in 2020?

brandy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
We're talking about inmates on death row?

If so, who cares? What if one of these guys was in for a beating a child to death with a hammer for defending his smaller sister ( I'm sure some of y'all remember that story).

Lot of disingenuous fake outrage here.

For me, it's less about international response or the actual crime. It's admittance that our criminal justice system gives Whiteness a chance. Casey Anthony killed her daughter and walks free tills this day. Countless White folks have "left" their child in their car with little to no police questionings. George Zimmerman killed Trayvon and still profits from his death. If the US truly cared about murder, the punishments for it will be evenly distributed. Yet it's not. Black people disproportionately receive the death penalty for heinous crime.

I am not removing accountability or absolving him of his crime, but more so complicating the narrative so folks can see that it isn't all black or white. Sometimes a grey exists.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Excellent thread @Rhakim!!!

But yes, the death penalty is racist as hell and needs to be abolished, especially since our criminal justice system is constructed to degrade Black people at every level.

A Black male teenager can be an accomplice to a crime or witness some crazy white mess. The corrupt police snatch him up and coerce him into a confession that is legally held against him. They appoint him an overworked lawyer who provides very poor legal advice. Because they are innocent, they attempt to fight for their freedom with a jury of his "peers". A jury of old white folks only see Black, young, and criminal convict him and allow the judge to grant the death penalty. Where is the justice?

A white teenager can get in the similar circumstance but white folks extend humanity at every point. The police snatch him and offer him food before booking. Rather than force a confession, they allow the public defender to provide legal counsel. His family get alerted of their rights and advise to spend money on a lawyer. Some white lawyers will even take on their cases for free. Before even stepping into trial, they have removed the death penalty and the courts take in consideration that it is their first time. White teenager may spend a few years in juvie and get out on parole for 5-10 years. Hell, if they go to college, the courts may expunge their record.

It isn't fair at all. We gotta overhaul our entire criminal justice system, but Trump is an a$$hole. I really want to hear folks talk about tangibles/platinum plan/both sides when Black men are the ones being executed at abnormal rates. Watch he pardon a bunch of white men and excuse himself and his family from criminal proscecution.

Oh, it's even worse than that. A couple years ago a White teenager admitted to being the getaway driver in a gang killing, went back and desecrated the memorial of the victim, and he GOT OFF. Found innocent. The jury literally believed that a rich White kid from Palos Verdes couldn't possibly have known what those terrible Black gang members were going to do, even though there were mad receipts including video showing that he was part of the gang and committed crimes with them both before and after the murder,

Former Palos Verdes Student Acquitted In Gang Murder Rearrested
In July of last year, Terrell was acquitted of one count of first-degree murder and two counts of attempted murder in the Oct. 1, 2017, killing of 21-year-old Justin Holmes, who was shot to death on 78th Street, near Western Avenue. Prosecutors contended that Terrell drove the getaway car for two South L.A. juveniles who are suspected of shooting Holmes.

During his trial, Terrell claimed he did not know the teens he was driving had planned on shooting anyone. Those teens remain in custody on murder charges.

The case made national news because Terrell, who attended Palos Verdes High School, is white and from a prominent family. His father is the president of a media consulting firm and his mother is an interior designer. Prosecutors allege Terrell spent time with a South L.A. street gang. He appeared in several rap videos and reportedly went by the moniker “White Boy.”

Immediately following his acquittal, Terrell told CBS2 that he had a newfound respect for the law due to having dealt with the criminal justice system. He also said that he was considering a career in law.
A former South Bay high school student who was acquitted last year of murder in the 2017 gang-related shooting death of a man in South Los Angeles, was rearrested Tuesday evening on unrelated charges.

Cameron Terrell, 19, of Palos Verdes Estates, was booked on suspicion of committing a carjacking when he was a juvenile. An attorney for Terrell told CBS2 that Terrell is suspected in an attempted carjacking which occurred during the spring of 2018.
cameron-terrell-acquitted.jpg

To recap:

Black teen drove the car after a murder: Getting executed
White teen drove the car after a murder: Getting off completely

And fools in here caping for this racist-ass bullshyt. :snoop:

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
For me, it's less about international response or the actual crimes. It's admittance that our criminal justice system gives Whiteness a chance. Casey Anthony killed her daughter and walks free tills this day. Countless White folks have "left" their child in their car with little to no police questionings. George Zimmerman killed Trayvon and still profits from his death. If the US truly cared about murder, the punishments for it will be evenly distributed. Yet it's not.

I am not removing accountability or absolving him of his crime, but more so complicating the narrative so folks can see that it isn't all black or white. Sometimes a grey exists.

It's common knowledge that white people are treated better in this country.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
@saturn7 negged me for calling out his wild juelzing to defend Trump. :mjlol:

Imagine someone who couldn't bear to see LeBron get criticized, who attacked Kobe every time LeBron's faults get mentioned even if Kobe wasn't even part of the conversation....and then imagine that person saying that he wasn't a fan of LeBron. :francis:

First off, I'm not a Democrat and I don't like Clinton. You haven't seen me ever call him that "first Black president" bullshyt and I've criticized Clinton FAR more than I've defended him on these boards.

Second, once again, the only example you can come up with was one executed TWENTY-EIGHT years ago. Because it has NEVER happened again since then. Neither Clinton nor Obama ever executed a single prisoner in their entire presidencies. Democrat-led states in general basically stopped executing people 10 years ago.

Do you how stupid you sound trying to get us to stop attacking Trump by bringing up shyt someone else stopped doing decades ago? Clinton executed someone in fukking 1992, an entirely different era, and then never did it again, and that means that we need to give Trump a free pass for crazy bullshyt in 2020?

Yall can attack Trump all you want. But don't do the "see both sides crowd Trump is the REAL monster" bullshyt when Dems have fukked over Black folks and the middle class in general for the past 30 years.

Good for them for as far as not being apart of any more executions but goddamn I'm not going to give them extra credit for that!!!
That's the goddamn MINIMUM they should be doing for us after the War on Drugs and Crime Bills, Three Strikes etc. Yall set the bar so low for these Dems.

:mjtf:

No wonder we never get progress. We got people caping for the bare minimum and a shytty status quo instead of demanding better.

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
That's that BULLshyt.
Where did I ever defend what Trump is doing in this thread? Point it out!!
Me criticizing Dems DOES NOT EQUAL a defense of Trump or his actions!!

All did was point out the bullshyt the Dems did to us as well because people started throwing out "both sides" as a shield for Democrats. As if they hadn't been involved in policies destructive to the Black community.

fukk both of these motherfukking parties until they do right by my people. That's been my consistent position.
Thread about Trump and this cac agent only want to talk about Dems to distract :mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yall can attack Trump all you want. But don't do the "see both sides crowd Trump is the REAL monster" bullshyt when Dems have fukked over Black folks and the middle class in general for the past 30 years.

Good for them for as far as not being apart of any more executions but goddamn I'm not going to give them extra credit for that!!!
That's the goddamn MINIMUM they should be doing for us. Yall set the bar so low for these Dems.

:mjtf:

No wonder we never get progress. We got people caping for the bare minimum and a shytty status quo instead of demanding better.

Except literally no one caped for Dems here. We were attacking Trump for doing something heinous, something that ONLY Trump was doing. You were the one who repeatedly feels like he need to cover up Trump's death with the "both sides" bullshyt, even when the other side ain't doing that shyt.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I have no sympathy for heinous degenerate criminals. That's my final stance. I don't care about the juxtaposition to other countries or nations. Trump wants to expedite the process? Don't care. He's an a$$hole anyway.

Miss me with all self-righteous banter.
Did you read the part where two of the Black men who are going to be executed didn't even commit a murder, they just were driving the car? Two were teenagers at the time of their crimes, and two others were mentally disabled?

And all six just happened to be sentenced to death by white juries in the South? And all six are having their executions fast-tracked by the racist-in-chief?

That's how the death penalty works in racist-ass America. It's a tool to express White vengeance on "the undesirables", who are mostly black. But keep washing your hands of this shyt and keep pretending it's all hunky dory as if there ain't a reason that America is the ONLY developed country still killing folk like this.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
Literally EVERY other developed nation in the world has figured out how to run a society where state executions never or almost never happen. Why is the great old USA the only one still acting like we're fukking Neanderthals?

Let me list it again:

China
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Iraq
Egypt
USA
Pakistan
Somalia
South Sudan
Yemen

Those are the only countries in the entire world that executed 5 or more people this year. Trump is trying to execute 6 Black folk in a couple months. You don't see how fukked up that is? You can't figure out that there might be another way to run society outside of vengeance killings?

So far as the families go, their loss is horrific but nothing about that loss goes away because a couple 40-year-old men get executed for something they did when they were teenagers and repented of 20 years ago. No one is coming back. Literally no one is helped by it.

Read some Malcolm Gladwell on crime and punishment - he showed decisively that over and over, crime victims and their families who learn to forgive and move on end up with far healthier lives than the ones bent on vengeance who spend their energy just trying to get someone fried. If their lives didn't get better when these men were convicted and sentenced 20+ years ago, why would they get better now? Why let yourself continue to be affected for decades by ongoing events that literally have zero impact on your own life and can't bring anything fruitful to you in any way?
It's ironic that the world's two superpowers are on the list, but not being on the list doesn't mean that they're more civilized. Would life be better in a siberian gulag or brazilian prison? I've read Gladwell, I dismiss his writing as easily as you do the victims of the crimes.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What percentage of death row inmates actually get killed as opposed to dying of their own health reasons while waiting for execution?

CW_1991

Banned
Daps
Did you read the part where two of the Black men who are going to be executed didn't even commit a murder, they just were driving the car? Two were teenagers at the time of their crimes, and two others were mentally disabled?

And all six just happened to be sentenced to death by white juries in the South? And all six are having their executions fast-tracked by the racist-in-chief?

That's how the death penalty works in racist-ass America. It's a tool to express White vengeance on "the undesirables", who are mostly black. But keep washing your hands of this shyt and keep pretending it's all hunky dory as if there ain't a reason that America is the ONLY developed country still killing folk like this.

Actually, I didn't. And I'm not going to get into a back-and-forth discussion on a very nuanced issue. At the end of the day, the condition of the battle here is such that if you're a black man, you're under a far higher level of scrutiny than anyone else. We have to make better decisions so that we don't end up in situations where we can be abused by the criminal justice system.

And that starts by procreating with the right woman, raising your children in an upright manner and imparting wisdom and understanding onto them so that they make better decisions their lives.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
That's that BULLshyt.
Where did I ever defend what Trump is doing in this thread? Point it out!!
Me criticizing Dems DOES NOT EQUAL a defense of Trump or his actions!!

All did was point out the bullshyt the Dems did to us as well because people started throwing out "both sides" as a shield for Democrats. As if they hadn't been involved in policies destructive to the Black community.

fukk both of these motherfukking parties until they do right by my people. That's been my consistent position.
Negged