Trump just put in a rush order to execute 4 more Black folk before inauguration day

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree.

My ignorance was that your post did not provide enough information, thus my inquiry for the consternation.

There are currently 54 people on federal death row: 24 Black men, 21 White men, seven Latinos, one Asian and one White woman, according to the Death Penalty Information Center. Of the eight who have been executed so far this year, six were White men and two were Black men - all of whom were executed without protest.

The pending executions are;
Brandon Bernard, a Black man, was 18 when he, Christopher Vialva and others were convicted for the 1999 murder of a pair of youth ministers in Texas. Vialva, who was 19 at the time of the crime, was executed in September after exhausting his appeals. Bernard's last request for a stay of execution to the Supreme Court was denied last Thursday. He's scheduled to die on December 10 and will be the youngest person in nearly 70 years whom the US will execute for a crime committed while a teenager.
Alfred Bourgeois, a Black man, was sentenced to death by a Texas jury for abusing, torturing and ultimately beating his daughter to death in 2002. Bourgeois' attorney Victor Abreu said in a statement on Friday that his client is scheduled to be executed on December 11. After the Supreme Court ruled that another death row inmate cannot be executed because of his intellectual disability, Abreu is seeking to have Bourgeois' case reheard to produce similar evidence.
Lisa Montgomery is the first and only woman scheduled to be federally executed in nearly 70 years. Montgomery, a White woman who was convicted in 2004 for killing a pregnant woman, cutting the baby out and passing it off as her own, was granted a stay on her execution until December 31 due to her attorneys' coronavirus diagnosis, and it is now set for January 12. The Trump administration has rejected Montgomery's request for a reprieve.
• Corey Johnson, a Black man, is scheduled for execution on January 14 for killing seven people in 1992 as a part of a drug trade in Virginia. Johnson's attorneys Ronald J. Tabak and Donald P. Salzman argue that no jury heard evidence to rule on his intellectual disability. According to Johnson's attorneys, he has an IQ of 69, which would be lower than one standard offered by the Supreme Court as a guide for states weighing whether such an execution met the Constitution's cruel and unusual punishment standards. Johnson's co-defendant was spared a life sentence due to his own intellectual disability.
• The federal government is expected to execute Dustin Higgs, a Black man who was sentenced to death "despite not killing anyone," his attorney Shawn Nolan said in a statement after the Justice Department's announcement on Friday. Higgs' co-defendant and the convicted triggerman received life without parole for the 1996 killings of three women in Maryland. Higgs was convicted under a theory that even though he hadn't pulled the trigger he had ordered the killings, his attorney said. One of the co-defendants testified that Higgs did order the shootings.

For those keeping score, since 1973, 172 people who had been sentenced to death in state court were found to have been wrongfully convicted, according to the Death Penalty Information Center, a national nonprofit that has tracked and studied death penalty cases across the country for 30 years.

No federal death row inmates have been found to have been wrongfully convicted.

To be truly informed, I think victim statements would be in order, but since that won't happen, I'll leave it at this.

y’all caping for this? :gucci:

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
We supposed to be mad a nikka that killed his daughter gettin executed.

If u watched central park 5 or they were watching us, u'd see Trump is a sick fuk.

He's the last person I want fast tracking executions. It's not even the executions it's the fact that he's fast tracking them like he's losing time to do so

Like if he doesn't it would hurt somehow......sik fuk

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not the death penalty thing for me, its the rush to do it in your last month in office. Who is in a rush to kill folks? Even if you think these folks deserved it why the rush and why the firing squad

yall caping for that :gucci:

u right I am, shoulda been executed yesterday

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
I went to Junior high and High School with one of Brandon's cousins.....he's been posting about his petition for like the past month. Looking into his case, some of the jurors after his trial spoke out, and had a change of heart on their decision to convict him.

:wow:

:mjcry:
How do the families of the two youth ministers feel?

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Firing squads?
Off the topic of this thread, just on firing squads, I'd much rather go that way than lethal injection.

It can be incredibly painful and some of the times you don't die right away and writhe around in pain until they get it right

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Only times i think an execution would be necessary is if the inmate is so influential that he can inspire violence even in a cell, like an Osama type. or if he is so well connected to corruption and wealth that he will be a treat to escape and continue murdering people like an El Chapo type.
Otherwise lock them up and let them serve their life behind bars. As an atheist i feel like thats the next best thing to sending them to hell.
imo if you killed 3 or more people in separate instances there's no saving you, you gotta go

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Again, in fukking 1992. You couldn't come up with a single example of a Democratic president executing anyone since 1992. While Trump is trying to execute 6 Black men in a single month.

If you can't tell that feelings around the death penalty have changed since 1992 then you're really too ignorant to open your mouth in a political discussion and should just be listening and learning.

Total bullshyt. I have criticized the Dems venomously, numerous times.

But this wasn't a thread about Democratic failures. Democrats have literally nothing to do with Trump's actions in the OP. So your feverish need to rush to Trump's defense and "both sides" any criticism of him, which in this case you had to reach back 28 years to do, just shows how desperate you are to avoid the actual topics of the day.

That's that BULLshyt.
Where did I ever defend what Trump is doing in this thread? Point it out!!
Me criticizing Dems DOES NOT EQUAL a defense of Trump or his actions!!

All did was point out the bullshyt the Dems did to us as well because people started throwing out "both sides" as a shield for Democrats. As if they hadn't been involved in policies destructive to the Black community.

fukk both of these motherfukking parties until they do right by my people. That's been my consistent position.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
How do the families of the two youth ministers feel?
Literally EVERY other developed nation in the world has figured out how to run a society where state executions never or almost never happen. Why is the great old USA the only one still acting like we're fukking Neanderthals?

Let me list it again:

China
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Iraq
Egypt
USA
Pakistan
Somalia
South Sudan
Yemen

Those are the only countries in the entire world that executed 5 or more people this year. Trump is trying to execute 6 Black folk in a couple months. You don't see how fukked up that is? You can't figure out that there might be another way to run society outside of vengeance killings?

So far as the families go, their loss is horrific but nothing about that loss goes away because a couple 40-year-old men get executed for something they did when they were teenagers and repented of 20 years ago. No one is coming back. Literally no one is helped by it.

Read some Malcolm Gladwell on crime and punishment - he showed decisively that over and over, crime victims and their families who learn to forgive and move on end up with far healthier lives than the ones bent on vengeance who spend their energy just trying to get someone fried. If their lives didn't get better when these men were convicted and sentenced 20+ years ago, why would they get better now? Why let yourself continue to be affected for decades by ongoing events that literally have zero impact on your own life and can't bring anything fruitful to you in any way?