Trump is against LEGAL immigration too: COME TAKE THE NEW MERIT-BASED IMMIGRATION TEST

Did you qualify for Legal Immigration?

• Yes I scored 30 points or more

• No I scored 25-29 points

• No I scored less than 25 points

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
Look at how many people who oppose the bill in the thread, haven't responded specifically about which parts they don't like. Entire thread full of buzzwords and red herrings from "informed" critics.smh

Par for the course on this forum. Instead everyone just calls each other a c00n, jew, mexican, virgin islander, cac etc. HL is low key the little cac from Bad News Bears:

How exactly does this make African Americans worse off?

It doesn't.

more whites in, more whites for them to hookup with our jobs, more whites to vote, more reason to ignore us when they don't need our vote to win, less percentage of whites on welfare, and commiting crime, more excuses why it's cool to shoot us, they gotta live somewhere?, more gentrification.... etc etc etc

if there's 10 blacks and 100 whites in a room... then they let in 200 more whites and 10 more blacks.... who's going to lose out?

It's sad there's people that actually believe this

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
so it wont have impact on black people trying to get stay in usa that are from europe, carribbean or africa?

I don't know and I don't think anybody knows, the only group it hurts for sure are hispanics

The English thing may end up helping black people because most Caribbean and African countries speak English and it would give Indians an advantage over Chinese

It will increase Canadians, Australians and Europeans but it's not like there is wave of them tryna come to the us

In the long term people will react to a change in the "market rules", that is the real reason you can't predict what will happen

Daps
Reppin
NYC
These "reporters" are so transparent. Dudes are out here standing on their soapboxes giving speeches full of personal opinion rather than asking questions.

:mjlol:

He looked like a god damn fool insinuating GB and Australia are the only places people speak English.

:hhh:
I thought Miller looked like a god damn fool for so aggressively attacking and feigning outrage at a clearly tongue in cheek comment on only letting in people from GB and Australia in, but I get why Trumpset has to :cape:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Par for the course on this forum. Instead everyone just calls each other a c00n, jew, mexican, virgin islander, cac etc. HL is low key the little cac from Bad News Bears:

It doesn't.

It's sad there's people that actually believe this

You tell us then. Donald Trump is endorsing this. It will cut legal immigration by 50%. The people who speak English, have a high set of skills and can financially support themselves will be given higher chances.

Looking around the globe and who our president is... whom do you believe will be the beneficiaries of this new policy?

I'm going go out on a limb here and say Europeans

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
This attempt to limit immigration to uplift american prospects is bullshyt.

The people working at Wal-Mart, CVS, and McDonald's won't be affected by immigration.

IT'S A WRAP FOR THEM. The mediocre American is mediocre because they weren't educated properly. Opportunity is everywhere.

Americans who want to improve the prospects of their children and future generations should be rioting over budget cuts to the department of education.

Lack of education, despite the enormous resources this country has, is why more people aren't prosperous, not immigrants.

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
Only a complete buffoon (or a President :francis:) would watch that exchange and think Miller came out looking good.

The whole point of him being up there was to try to sell the bill to congress. Instead, he took the bait from Costa and the administration's message once again got overshadowed by more foolishness.

Watch these alt-right fukktards act like this was some great victory for the White House though because his mic was louder than the reporter he was squabbling with :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
This attempt to limit immigration to uplift american prospects is bullshyt.

The people working at Wal-Mart, CVS, and McDonald's won't be affected by immigration.

IT'S A WRAP FOR THEM. The mediocre American is mediocre because they weren't educated properly. Opportunity is everywhere.

Americans who want to improve the prospects of their children and future generations should be rioting over budget cuts to the department of education.

Lack of education, despite the enormous resources this country has, is why more people aren't prosperous, not immigrants.
what part of the legislation are you against? Below are the main parts
So people that oppose this what aspects do you oppose:

- No welfare payments for newly arrived immigrants
- Only immigrants allowed in are skilled ones
- Immigrants have to speak English to some degree
- Immigrants would have to have a job when coming in
- No chain migration

Come on. Lets be HL for once and actually have policy discussion about it instead of getting all homotional over sob stories.

Personally of the 5 above points, the only one I don't really like is the English speaking requirement.

Scoop

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Tampa, FL
You tell us then. Donald Trump is endorsing this. It will cut legal immigration by 50%. The people who speak English, have a high set of skills and can financially support themselves will be given higher chances.

Looking around the globe and who our president is... whom do you believe will be the beneficiaries of this new policy?

I'm going go out on a limb here and say Europeans

People speak English from all over the world, including a majority of Nigeria, Ghana, Liberia, Jamaica, Belize, basically all of the Lesser Antilles plus sizable minorities in a whole bunch of other African countries.

If anything, this may cause a pivot from Central and South America to Africa, India, the Caribbean and the Philippines as far as who gets to immigrate here.

Countries_with_English_as_Official_Language.png

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Fun fact, family unification immigration is a white supremacist policy, the idea was that it would be used by the white majority in America

But it backfired because Europeans stopped coming and "people of color" started using it

Skill based immigration is the actual color blind policy

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
So Rome lasted over 100o years because of immigration? Please explain
Yep. Rome was probably the most cosmopolitan empires of all time, largely because in comparison to other empires Rome would grant to conquered people or people who allied with the Roman state. For instance Caesars most crack units were made up of Gallic people's who he extended citizenship when he invaded Gaul (modern France)

The Romans argued about immigration just like we did.

In 48 AD, a discussion took place in the Roman Senate concerning the admittance of members of the Gallic aristocracy to the venerable body.

According to the Roman senator and historian Tacitus, there was opposition to the move; some senators said that Italy was perfectly capable of providing its own members, and that it was enough that northern Italians had been admitted without having to resort to foreigners who had been, until recently, their enemies in war.

But as Tacitus reports it, the then-emperor Claudius championed the move:

My ancestors … encourage me to govern by the same policy of transferring to this city all conspicuous merit, wherever found. And indeed I know, as facts, that the Julii came from Alba, the Coruncanii from Camerium, the Porcii from Tusculum, and not to inquire too minutely into the past, that new members have been brought into the Senate from Etruria and Lucania and the whole of Italy, that Italy itself was at last extended to the Alps, to the end that not only single persons but entire countries and tribes might be united under our name.

We had unshaken peace at home; we prospered in all our foreign relations, in the days when Italy beyond the Po was admitted to share our citizenship…. Are we sorry that the Balbi came to us from Spain, and other men not less illustrious from Narbon Gaul? Their descendants are still among us, and do not yield to us in patriotism.

Everything, Senators, which we now hold to be of the highest antiquity, was once new.

What the Romans can teach us on immigration and integration

The difference between Sparta and Rome was Sparta never changed. They fought the same, used the same equipment, had the same style of government no matter who they fought. Persians, Athenians, Thebans, Macedonians whatever they fought the same and expected their training to win the day. Until they were figured out, started losing fights, their population started to decline because of low birth rates, they were stuck in cultural stagnation which is death for any society.

The Romans used a Spanish sword (gladius), their shield and battle formation a Samnite design. When they were getting beaten by Carthage at sea they copied Carthagenian ship design. The Romans didn't like cavalry all that much so they hired Numidians and Gauls who were good at it.

Point being Rome integrated other cultures and people into their system and made them Roman, without that openness to societal change Rome wouldn't have lasted. They would've been a flash in the pan like the Spartans.

Hell, their emperors were coming from Africa after awhile

Septimius Severus - Wikipedia

Last edited: