Trump is about to open the country back up

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We all know that most people want the nation closed long so they don't got to work and make more with unemployment. Not safety. If you nikkas really cared you would be going to bat (with all that time on your hands) for essential workers to get proper PPE, testing and hazard pay. Cause the country hasn't closed for essential workers. Y'all in here fear mongering and talking bout you gonna die if you go outside as if there isn't tens of millions of people out and about everyday like nothing's happening because they are at work. fukking weirdos.

For those who say it's as dangerous as it is. Do you agree that 25k in hazard pay is the least that the govt can do and a HEALTHY supply of N95's and goggles.

Or are you just at home bored trying to scare people and dap fishing. :jbhmm:

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have been saying this, so many people far smarter than me (which is most people to be honest) have been saying this. This economy was NEVER sustainable to begin with, it was always a house of cards, as soon as he started deregulating industries, practices, laws, etc..The GOP and he went to coinstar with all the penny jugs, and tried to pass the surge off as something concrete, it was ALWAYS quicksand. Obama laid the groundwork for a self sustaining, dummy proof economy, with sound regulations and technology facing industries to phase out the dinosaurs, and give the opportunity for ALL of the workers in these antiquated industries to be trained, free of charge, to have jobs in the energy sector that should be, by now, replacing these unnecessary industries. I am in warehouse logistics, have been my whole life, was born into the industry. If y'all don't think automation is coming, you are wrong. The good news is, there is still plenty of room, plenty of time to be trained, plenty of opportunity, the bad news, people have too much pride, people by nature believe they they themselves are the most important person in the world, and the world would shut down if they don't contribute their 8 hours a day. If there is one this that this pandemic has taught TPTB it is that automation needs to be here sooner rather than later. Watching all these folks scramble to "get back to work" instead of being "demoralized" by unemployment......listen, nobody is gonna tell me anything about how to feel, how live my life, how to provide for my family, so I get being bullheaded and not wanting to listen to other people when it comes to how to manage your own household, but for Christ sake, look how quickly this all happened. Don't be caught by surprise by all these industries laying off manual labor in favor of automation, use the time you have to research and try to fit in, use the time you have to change this country's ideology regarding "happiness", use this time to make your family a priority (and I mean being emotionally available to your family and friends, not only considering "providing" for your family, and think that is the only real measuring stick for worth and responsibility). Life is too short, it really is. If the majority of Americans are stuck in this perpetual cycle of working themselves to death because "whoever has the most toys when they die, wins!" then I really hope for inter-dimensional reincarnation, cause this ain't fukking it. Too many of us in this world let our jobs define us, it's our characters, our ethics, our morality, and our love that really define us. If we are gonna "let" "them" take everything away from "us" and not stand up as a majority to have each others backs and have some human fukking decency, then just give up now.
Admittedly, my wife's situation has changed me in ways that I believe are for the better. I have always felt on some level all the things that I am saying above, but moving forward, i'm willing to act on them. Please don't be a pawn, and let them convince you that there "isn't enough money to sustain this", the real answer is that the leadership of this country as a whole have mishandled and misappropriated our money, our taxes, all of it. They try to eliminate our social programs, Retirement, medicare, ssi, ssdi, etc...and funnel our money back to corporations and billionaires that spend the kind of money on their lawns and lunches that provide ALL of our homeless with shelter, ALL of our hungry with food, ALL of our uninsured with healthcare.
WHY THE fukk ARE PEOPLE EVEN ARGUING ABOUT THIS? There is no grey area here, only right and wrong. There may be nuances in specific situations, but at the end of the day, if somebody is hungry, we should feed them, if somebody is homeless, we should provide them shelter, if someone needs medical attention, we need to provide them medical attention.

yup. We are trained to care more about our work than other people. Why? Because we are slaves to our expenses/debt/job. It’s sickening

Last edited:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We all know that most people want the nation closed long so they don't got to work and make more with unemployment. Not safety.

There is some truth to this. I cant say I blame them though. If you make under $15 per hour it makes no sense to work and risk your health when the gov't is paying $600 per week on top of state unemployment. Mathematically you are making more for sitting on your ass. And low paying jobs will be there when this is over.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yup. We are trained to care more about our work than other people. Why? Because we are slaves to our jobs. It’s sickening

hell look how fast governments can come up with billions and trillions of dollars, same folks who were cutting healthcare for years, same folks who flinch when trying to raise the min wage by even 50 cents.

I voted for Doug Ford but i remember dude cancelling the min wage bump to 15 a hour and now look we are counting on the min wage grocery store workers, min wage cleaners etc. more than ever.

Now homelessness is a problem because they have covid and can spread it fast, but for years homeless meh heres a few shekels

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Half the deaths are like in 4 states and the majority of them in NYC.

What does this mean? These states are not divided into walls where people are locked in. The people in all 4 of these states can travel and spread the disease.

This is exactly how small towns, small cities and rural areas get infected badly later on because of this type of thinking.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
We all know that most people want the nation closed long so they don't got to work and make more with unemployment. Not safety. If you nikkas really cared you would be going to bat (with all that time on your hands) for essential workers to get proper PPE, testing and hazard pay. Cause the country hasn't closed for essential workers. Y'all in here fear mongering and talking bout you gonna die if you go outside as if there isn't tens of millions of people out and about everyday like nothing's happening because they are at work. fukking weirdos.

For those who say it's as dangerous as it is. Do you agree that 25k in hazard pay is the least that the govt can do and a HEALTHY supply of N95's and goggles.

Or are you just at home bored trying to scare people and dap fishing. :jbhmm:

There are many people working from home. Also there is morning wrong with taking unemployment if jobs are closed.

Why do some y’all have a “I don’t care about people’s safety” attitude.

You more worried about someone collecting unemployment than the safety of the country?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Problem is your president created an economy of smoke and mirrors unable to withstand any turmoil. He compounded that by sitting around and doing nothing for months when the virus was running through Asia and then Europe. He also chose to lie through his teeth about everything.

while I agree, scientists need more time, Trump squandered it and here we are now. Businesses will have to practice social distancing. Allow people to still work from home. Allow people who do not want to work to stay home.let the government pay for them.

Need a hybrid approach now. Adding another 2 months to the lockdown is going to create irreparable damage...some may say it’s too late.

how is this hybrid approach that you’re proposing any different than what we’ve been doing for a month and a half

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russell: It's getting hot in some areas of the country. It will die down shortly.
Right it's been over 80 where I'm at
There are many people working from home. Also there is morning wrong with taking unemployment if jobs are closed.

Why do some y’all have a “I don’t care about people’s safety” attitude.

You more worried about someone collecting unemployment than the safety of the country?
Hey fakkit. fukk you and your poor reading comprehension.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What does this mean? These states are not divided into walls where people are locked in. The people in all 4 of these states can travel and spread the disease.

This is exactly how small towns, small cities and rural areas get infected badly later on because of this type of thinking.

It means what I said it means, the majority of deaths are happening in 4 states out of 50.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Problem is your president created an economy of smoke and mirrors unable to withstand any turmoil. He compounded that by sitting around and doing nothing for months when the virus was running through Asia and then Europe. He also chose to lie through his teeth about everything.

while I agree, scientists need more time, Trump squandered it and here we are now. Businesses will have to practice social distancing. Allow people to still work from home. Allow people who do not want to work to stay home.let the government pay for them.

Need a hybrid approach now. Adding another 2 months to the lockdown is going to create irreparable damage...some may say it’s too late.

One of the most sensible, realistic, reasonable posts in here .