Trump changes black history month to "National African American History Month"

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The US Gov't in the 1970s Tried to Prevent an Alliance between Africa and Black America

African American is code for nationalism or in other words forget about the black diaspora.

Trump = 2017 Richard Nixon

Africans Americans want a month to focus on the accomplishments and their history in America, what exactly is the issue? There was never a Global Black history or Diaspora month so you cant correlate the two. At the end of the day if you are playing by white peoples rules when it comes to how yoh honor your ancestors and teach your children history then you are a disgrace to your ancestors in the first place.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
which do you prefer? :jbhmm:

or what should it be in your opinion, I'd be happy with African history month too.

To avoid being technical i have no issue with teaching African history but people are obviously confused so definitions need tl be set. Either way i dont let white people dictate how i honor those who came before me. This isnt the 1910s where we lack access to info. Black people around america and the globe have taken it in their own hands tk create holidays to honor the ancestors. When blacks celebrate Juneteenth they didnt wait for a white president to give them the ok to do it, they went and did it.

My point is the fact we let a white person dictate how we teach our kids is the real issue. Even if there was no black history month, blacks should still be honoring the ancestors and teaching their children history. Its not like every feb they cutting black folks a check or something, like i said this is all symbolism and unfortunately black folks live or die by how people think of them.

Professor Mac

Im African not black
Daps
. what a coincidence I just posted about this yesterday..

Last edited:

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
America first. Mandela was a foreigner:ufdup:

Looks at username .........

1320851_o.gif

Regine Hunter

Captain Fupa
Supporter
Daps
America is the creators ( Harvard )

But Canada and UK tagged along , not sure what year. Interested on what they praise during the month .
not much.
currently a documentary coming on a top news channel called "We the 2.5" talking about the significance and achievement of black canadians, who make 2.5% of the population.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
again, according to thecoli black history month is african american history month :manny: he is doing what coli c00ns are praying for, like taking the national guard into chicago :mjpls:

Haven't you heard? blacks who aren't African American are c00ns and have contributed nothing :troll:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon: Except not every black person is technically an African American.
Nelson Mandela is not an African-American.
BHM is specifically about Americans though. Mandela is South African.

Better example about be Americans who are of Caribbean descent I.e. Colon Powell.