Trump changes black history month to "National African American History Month"

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
I dont care what white people do, its not white peoples place to teach blacks who they are. This month is purely empty symbolism. It would be better to focus on creating black institutions to teach black people about their own history in detail to care about empty symbolism crumbs from your oppresor.

This is said only when it comes to celebrating AA's. We get it no value is supposed to be placed on our culture:snoop:
Trivializing this to mere symbolism :snoop:

Nobody thinks about cacs in february and what crumbs do we get from them :snoop:

Fukk these fake nikkas shouout to

carter-500x0.jpg

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
actually, we did....black people existed and have history before slavery....that's why i dont agree with the title that's trying to limit that history....

The AA ethnic group is a product of numerous ethnic groups mixing together. If the only slaves that came to America were Mandingo then AAs would be called Mandingo Americans or just Mandingo but that is not the case.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
This is said only when it comes to celebrating AA's. We get it no value is supposed to be placed on our culture:snoop:
Trivializing this to mere symbolism :snoop:

Nobody thinks about cacs in february and what crumbs do we get from them :snoop:

Fukk these fake nikkas shouout to

carter-500x0.jpg

You're in your feelings. If you are satisfied with having some micky ds commercials then good for yoh but none of this stuff is gonna save blacks in America.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
You're in your feelings. If you are satisfied with having some micky ds commercials then good for yoh but none of this stuff is gonna save blacks in America.
nikkas ain't SATISFIED with that but I swear it looks like some folks can't let nikkas celebrate some shyt we enjoy. SOME shyt WE STARTED

Negro History Week (1926)
The precursor to Black History Month was created in 1926 in the United States, when historian Carter G. Woodson and the Association for the Study of Negro Life and History announced the second week of February to be "Negro History Week."[1] This week was chosen because it coincided with the birthday of Abraham Lincoln on February 12 and of Frederick Douglass on February 14, both of which dates Black communities had celebrated together since the late 19th century.[1]

Uncle Kendrick

I'm just bout that action
Daps
Reppin
Brick City
Don't see nothing wrong with this move. I know yall on edge but isn't the death blow it's coming soon though.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The AA ethnic group is a product of numerous ethnic groups mixing together. If the only slaves that came to America were Mandingo then AAs would be called Mandingo Americans or just Mandingo but that is not the case.

never said it wasnt....just saying: to me, AA ethnic group is a specific part of the black ethnic group sum....i'm not limiting my history to slavery and onward....if you and others choose to do that, ok, that's cool....

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
the in "your feelings" thing is tired:comeon:

No one said anything about micky d commercials or being recognized by anyone else but ourselves. Thats the whole point

And you have no idea about whats going to "save" blacks in america gtfoh:camby:

• Dap
Reactions: cdc

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
nikkas ain't SATISFIED with that but I swear it looks like some folks can't let nikkas celebrate some shyt we enjoy. SOME shyt WE STARTED

The precursor to Black History Month was created in 1926 in the United States, when historian Carter G. Woodson and the Association for the Study of Negro Life and History announced the second week of February to be "Negro History Week."[1] This week was chosen because it coincided with the birthday of Abraham Lincoln on February 12 and of Frederick Douglass on February 14, both of which dates Black communities had celebrated together since the late 19th century.[1]

Heres my thing. Look at my earlier posts i explained why calling it AA history month makes the most sense being that non AAs didnt contribute to the history in america until recent times thus its a given to highlight AA accomplishments if we are talking about American history is concerned. The month was meant to focus on American history not global history thus i said non AAs really dont care in regards to being mad because its common sense.

You dont talk about Mali during black history month you talk about America. Now that said if the focus is to only be on AAs then people like Marcus garvey should not be discussed, now if we talk about leaving it Black history month then it is obvious AA Will dominate what blacks have done in America but title assumes you are not limiting it to one ethnic group but more so are focusing on the entire black race and what was done in America.

Either way my focus personally is on building, so I dont care what the month called. Either way I honor my ancestors because due to the nature of history my ancestors where also brought to the Americas thus i give praises to what blacks gave done period.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

Im saying though:what:

Cats coming here in here with pitchforks and molotov cocktails and shyt talking bout ""empty symbolism"

Meanwhile they people have no problem throwing parades and celebrating holidays showcasing their culture

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
the in "your feelings" thing is tired:comeon:

No one said anything about micky d commercials or being recognized by anyone else but ourselves. Thats the whole point

And you have no idea about whats going to "save" blacks in america gtfoh:camby:

My goal is not to save "blacks in america" because majority of blacks dont want to be saved. I said clearly Im only focused on building with who want to build, if you want to keep ignoring that you would be better off not even replying to me because you're wasting both of time.

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
Smh. This is the same bullsh1t white people been playing and y'all too thick to realize it. So I guess y'all are ok with our history focusing on us starting from slavery like we weren't anything more before and apparently we were slaves until the good white folk set us free because that's where this is going. AA only history leaves out our prior greatness not to mention excludes heros like Touissant Louverture, Marcus Garvey, Stokely Carmichael, Nelson Mandela, etc.

You gotta love how cacs celebrate all their history. B1tches be of German and Irish descent but pump out their chests about British, French, Spaniard, and Portuguese rule during colonial times. These mofos be so proud of the great Greek thinkers and Romans despite not being their descendants. But we over here on some tribal bs.

Y'all better be cacs because this is some c00n sh1t. Black history month never downplayed AAs or put any of the diaspora above us. Smh. Divide and conquer again.

And oh yeah, be careful with this misnomer. Like stated before cacs aren't European Americans but are just referred to as Americans when we are more American than they could ever be.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
never said it wasnt....just saying: to me, AA ethnic group is a specific part of the black ethnic group sum....i'm not limiting my history to slavery and onward....if you and others choose to do that, ok, that's cool....

Black is not an ethnic group, black is a race. The concept of black predates the AA ethnic group and the creation of America. Black is a title europeans gave to continental Africans. In every european langauge or even arabic the name they called us was always a spin on the english word black.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Im saying though:what:

Cats coming here in here with pitchforks and molotov cocktails and shyt talking bout ""empty symbolism"

Meanwhile they people have no problem throwing parades and celebrating holidays showcasing their culture

You do realize it is other AAs complaining about the name change right? You claim you arent in your feelings yet are worried about how other people celebrate their culture.