Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

GT2D-e_bwAEDnxj

GT14QLVbsAAytlT

that guy

Superstar
Daps
They didn’t. Wasnt many here at the time.

I’m curious to know more about this. I’m going to do much more research but my cousin who is born here in the early 60s dad had Nigerian on his birth certificate. Racial and nationality designations weren’t defined like that in the 60s. By the time I was born in the 70s, my dad, although born in Nigeria, had black as his designation
Black people who immigrated to America during Jim Crow/segregation immediately realized that the United States is a ethnostate where black Americans are second-class citizens subjected to targeted violence and systematic discrimination.

They took one look at how black Americans were treated and quickly tried to distance themselves by claiming their nationality as a race or simply lying as Kamala’s mother did. They weren’t “black” they’re “Jamaican” or “Nigerian”

Some of them changed their race to “black” after the progress made after the civil rights movement when it was safer especially when going to HBCUs because now they want to fit in with the negroes.

According to this census, the races were white, negro, Indian (American), japanese, Chinese, Filipino, other. I don’t think negro changed to black until post civil rights movement.

So her Indian mother chose to put Caucasian instead of “other” or even “negro” and her father put “Jamaican” instead of “negro”

Kamala was raised by her “Caucasian” mother. Why would she identify as black? :skip:

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You think they had designations for Indians before 1965?

shyt was extremely murky back then. A lot of those designations came after 1965 with the EEOC act
Kamala_Birth_Certificate.jpg

Thecoli: Kamala is black because her father is Jamaican! :to:

Kamala’s father: I ain’t black, I’m Jamaican :mjpls:

Kamala’s mother: I’m Caucasian :troll:
It's crazy my Jamaican roommate in the Marines had a heated discussion about this back in 99. He was telling me he's Jamaican not Black and I was telling him when them pigs pull you over you gonna be Black. Breh got out before me and I guess some crazy shyt happened to him because when I got out and we linked up he said "Chief" you was right. 🤦🏿‍♂️

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Black people who immigrated to America during Jim Crow/segregation immediately realized that the United States is a ethnostate where black Americans are second-class citizens subjected to targeted violence and systematic discrimination.

They took one look at how black Americans were treated and quickly tried to distance themselves by claiming their nationality as a race or simply lying as Kamala’s mother did. They weren’t “black” they’re “Jamaican” or “Nigerian”

Some of them changed their race to “black” after the progress made after the civil rights movement when it was safer especially when going to HBCUs because now they want to fit in with the negroes.

According to this census, the races were white, negro, Indian (American), japanese, Chinese, Filipino, other. I don’t think negro changed to black until post civil rights movement.

So her Indian mother chose to put Caucasian instead of “other” or even “negro” and her father put “Jamaican” instead of “negro”

Kamala was raised by her “Caucasian” mother. Why would she identify as black? :skip:
Whatever works for you, because you won't be moved in light of facts, but @Matt504 already put in the work I intended to do

For most of America's early history, the government only recognized two racial classifications, white or colored. Due to immigration laws of the time, those deemed colored were often stripped of their American citizenship[clarification needed] or denied the ability to become citizens. For these reasons, various South Asians in America took the government to court to try to be considered white instead of colored.[2] After advocacy from the Indian American community, the racial category of Asian Indian was finally introduced in the 1980 U.S. census.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Have you seen the "he's afraid to debate Kamala" rhetoric?

If nothing else, the NABJ interview put that idea to bed.

Someone had the bright idea to put him up against an all woman panel and now that he's dog walked them, you got Black people on twitter saying "they should have had Roland Martin (a man) up there"

They fumbled this shyt on so many levels that it's hard to keep track.
:mjtf: since when are clout chasing journals held to the same standards as presidential political opponents?

Fact: Trump been running from prosecutors all his life.

Fact: Trump stay steamroller nobody journalists.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
They should’ve had different ppl up there if they were gonna invite trump.

they tried to ambush him and went full crazy trump

now you have a former president saying something that a lot of black ppl thinking in the back of their minds about Kamala.

Man hell nah, a white man should NEVER tell black folks who ain’t “black enough”

We about to really see who is a racc00n in these streets