True Facts About The Octopus

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:dwillhuh: The description of that TTX's effects on you

:dwillhuh: Kills in minutes

:dwillhuh: you wouldn't feel it if it bit you, though the bite can break through a wetsuit

:dwillhuh: It doesn't have to bite you, it can piss venom into the water

:dwillhuh: your brain doesn't stop functioning until the moment you die, so you're conscious of all that happening to you!?

:what: hell nawl

so it's totally painless and then you just die all of a sudden?

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Definitely had the lemon and parsley on top, but I actually just had cocktail sauce.

Tell me more about this aioli tho...I might be sleeping. :lupe:
you gotta go to an italian or greek place and get that calamari fritti breh :sas1:

CFO.jpg

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
I never cared overmuch for the paella with a lot of different kinds of seafood in them. I'd rather it focus on one or two proteins with more accompanying ingredients :manny:

As far as octopus dishes though, i love takoyaki and and pulpo gallego a lot

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
so it's totally painless and then you just die all of a sudden?

no, breh

first your face goes numb

then you go blind

then you lose control of your muscles and spazz

then your insides cramp up and you vomit uncontrollably (and possibly shyt yourself, but that wasn't mentioned)

All the while your totally unaffected brain is witnessing this shyt go down

and it all happens in the course of a few minutes

then you die

All because you stepped too close to an octopus the size of a golf ball and you scared it, so it decided to squirt venom in the water and run.... and you never even noticed it was there.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
They got giant squid already, so we can't rule out giant octopi. Goddamn that would be some scary shyt. We know more about the surface of the moon than the bottom of the sea. In fact, most of it isn't explored. I'm just hoping that in my lifetime they gonna discover some freaky ass giant monsters down there. And then ima fry that shyt like calamari :steviej:

a60_gulpereel.jpg

a60_Viperfish2.jpg

a60_GiantIsopod.jpg

a60_GiantIsopod2.jpg

:whoa: good luck

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Yeah I heard they were supposed to be highly intelligent. I dunno about that story of the damn octopus memorizing the security patrol and WALKING back and forth between the tanks.

Y'all know the deeper you go in the ocean, the higher the pressure is? That means the bigger the creatures have to be to be able to sustain life down there? And we haven't thoroughly explored the ocean. What if there's giant octupus down there?:lupe:

there are giant octopus down there. those things are babies to colossal squids though. now if there were colossal octopuses down there :lupe:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
there are giant octopus down there. those things are babies to colossal squids though. now if there were colossal octopuses down there :lupe:
That's what I meant, some shyt that was taking down pirate ships back in the day:lupe:

Gigantic octopus
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Giant octopus.

Pen and wash drawing bymalacologist Pierre Dénys de Montfort, 1801, from the descriptions of French sailors reportedly attacked by such a creature off the coast of Angola

Dénys de Montfort's "Poulpe Colossal" attacks a merchant ship.

An unknown species of gigantic octopus has been hypothesised as a source of reports of sea monsters such as the lusca,kraken and akkorokamui as well as the source of some of the carcasses of unidentified origin known as globsters like the St. Augustine Monster. The species that the St. Augustine carcass supposedly represented has been assigned the binomial names "Octopus giganteus" (Latin: giant octopus)[1] and "Otoctopus giganteus" (Greek prefix: oton = ear; giant-eared octopus),[2] although these are not valid under the rules of the ICZN.

They are not to be confused with the known giant Pacific octopus, which is a member of the genus Enteroctopus, and can grow to a total length of more than 6 m (20 ft).[3] The gigantic octopus is assumed to be much larger.

History
In 1802, the French malacologist Pierre Denys de Montfort in Histoire Naturelle Générale et Particulière des Mollusques, an encyclopedic description of mollusks, recognized the existence of two kinds of giant octopus. One being the kraken octopus, which Denys de Montfort believed had been described not only by Norwegian sailors and American whalers, but also by ancient writers such as Pliny the Elder. The second one being the much larger colossal octopus (the one actually depicted by the image) which reportedly attacked a sailing vessel from Saint-Malo off the coast of Angola.

octopus.jpg

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Gigantic octopus
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Giant octopus.

Pen and wash drawing bymalacologist Pierre Dénys de Montfort, 1801, from the descriptions of French sailors reportedly attacked by such a creature off the coast of Angola

Dénys de Montfort's "Poulpe Colossal" attacks a merchant ship.

An unknown species of gigantic octopus has been hypothesised as a source of reports of sea monsters such as the lusca,kraken and akkorokamui as well as the source of some of the carcasses of unidentified origin known as globsters like the St. Augustine Monster. The species that the St. Augustine carcass supposedly represented has been assigned the binomial names "Octopus giganteus" (Latin: giant octopus)[1] and "Otoctopus giganteus" (Greek prefix: oton = ear; giant-eared octopus),[2] although these are not valid under the rules of the ICZN.

They are not to be confused with the known giant Pacific octopus, which is a member of the genus Enteroctopus, and can grow to a total length of more than 6 m (20 ft).[3] The gigantic octopus is assumed to be much larger.

History
In 1802, the French malacologist Pierre Denys de Montfort in Histoire Naturelle Générale et Particulière des Mollusques, an encyclopedic description of mollusks, recognized the existence of two kinds of giant octopus. One being the kraken octopus, which Denys de Montfort believed had been described not only by Norwegian sailors and American whalers, but also by ancient writers such as Pliny the Elder. The second one being the much larger colossal octopus (the one actually depicted by the image) which reportedly attacked a sailing vessel from Saint-Malo off the coast of Angola.

octopus.jpg

:lupe: game over man

Amulet of Immortality

Lost time is never found again
Daps
Reppin
Behind the Light
I heard a story from a veteran from the navy that he saw a octopus in the Indian ocean that was over 50 ft. tall. He didn't see the head but he said the arm was 40 ft. above the water, and we don't know how far below it was when it reached up :damn: