True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
True Dectective should be a supernatural show. It has that vibe but always ends up being done mundane shot that leaves ppl disappointed

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
please tell me mahershala ali won some sort of award for this? the performances here blew me away. i cant think of better acting ive seen in yrs. i feel bad only knowing dorf from blade b/c i didnt know he was this good. i loved the scene btwn the two in the class room when he first meets his wife. i know ive seen her in other things but this is the best shes looked. my only real criticism is the ending was a bit weak. i almost dont wanna watch the other 2 seasons now for fear of disappointment.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
please tell me mahershala ali won some sort of award for this? the performances here blew me away. i cant think of better acting ive seen in yrs. i feel bad only knowing dorf from blade b/c i didnt know he was this good. i loved the scene btwn the two in the class room when he first meets his wife. i know ive seen her in other things but this is the best shes looked. my only real criticism is the ending was a bit weak. i almost dont wanna watch the other 2 seasons now for fear of disappointment.

You haven't seen the first season?

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Didn't have HBO at the time this was airing, just got around to watching. Enjoyable season :ehh:, not as good as season 1 but a nice throwback to it in a lot of ways.

Old Man Hays might have been my favorite version of the character. I expected Mahershala to kill it and he did, although Stephen Dorff and Scoot McNairy came through as well :leon:.

Code

Banned
Daps
did people like this season or not? it had less impact than season 2 lmao

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

To me, better than 2, but short of 1.

I think people were waiting for this huge twist in the show when it was pretty straight forward so the hype didn't really live up to the finale :heh: one dude in here swore up and down that Ali's wife was apart of the kidnapping :dead:

I liked it. Trying to be better or as good as season 1 was always gonna be a tough act. Season 1 was like lightning in a bottle:wow:

But yeah I liked season 3 more than 2, but it really was a straight forward season. Damn near everything was explained by the end.

Hell season 2 has things in it you can still talk about up to today. Season 3 really doesn't :yeshrug:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The sole reason season 2 had "impact" is it had all the built up good will from season 1.

Once the season actually started though, people realized it was :trash:

This was the exact opposite. People kinda wrote it off after season 2 and it actually turned out to be damn near as good as season 1.

Fred.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think people were waiting for this huge twist in the show when it was pretty straight forward so the hype didn't really live up to the finale :heh: one dude in here swore up and down that Ali's wife was apart of the kidnapping :dead:

That's the problem with a show like this. Everyone is scrambling to find clues that aren't there and solve the case so they look smart instead of watching the show.

Purple's wife being involved made no sense it was just a game of "I found the twist."

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Feel free to tag the breh :unimpressed:

This season was a return to form but I still can't rock with that finale. Watching the first two eps at the Alamo was worth it I'll say.