True Detective - Season 3 (Jan. 13th/Official Thread)

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I liked it. Trying to be better or as good as season 1 was always gonna be a tough act. Season 1 was like lightning in a bottle:wow:

But yeah I liked season 3 more than 2, but it really was a straight forward season. Damn near everything was explained by the end.

Hell season 2 has things in it you can still talk about up to today. Season 3 really doesn't :yeshrug:
The execution faltered but I liked what they were trying to do with S2. Was clear as day the crew got some inspiration from Lynch. Best episode for me was easily the one with the Eyes Wide Shut esque party with Black Maps and Hotel Rooms trailing closely behind.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The execution faltered but I liked what they were trying to do with S2. Was clear as day the crew got some inspiration from Lynch. Best episode for me was easily the one with the Eyes Wide Shut esque party with Black Maps and Hotel Rooms trailing closely behind.

S2 really just need more time in the oven... there was something great in there. But they just brought it out too soon.

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
S3 was enjoyable until the end which I found completely unsatisfying. The actual “case work” wasn’t very compelling either. Good acting carried it a long way.

tip toeing around the racial connotations also felt strange

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Got episode 8 left. Saving for the morning :wow:

i still got season 1 at the top but this has been great. Season 2 I will always defend. VV gave a great performance he just got shytty dialogue. I remember how everybody hated his casting. Also how everybody was saying it was trash because he didn’t have Cary and source material to steal from :mjlol: ahh good times, jokes was flowing.

Szn 1 10/10
Szn 2 7/10
Szn 3 :lupe:

The thing is True Detective isn't really about the villain. It's about the detectives and their personal journey trying to solve the case. Yall think Errol was a bad villain but he wasn't the only guy, what about Reggie and the preacher. It's a bigger conspiracy than just one guy. Season 1 finale was about how far Rust and Marty would go to get the "spaghetti monster". And Rust even said it's not over with just him, they still had guys out there who were in that video.
Man that last episode when rust is battling that dude I was standing up in the living room screaming at the tv like it was the got damn Super bowl. That was pure entertainment and payoff from episodes of investment right there. I was calling off the next day if rust wasn’t making it out that bytch :pachaha:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
8.5/10

Soft landing with the finale

I agree with what somebody said earlier I think he played it safe this season since S2 was shredded by most people. Episode 9 of Star Wars will likely be the same.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
please tell me mahershala ali won some sort of award for this? the performances here blew me away. i cant think of better acting ive seen in yrs. i feel bad only knowing dorf from blade b/c i didnt know he was this good. i loved the scene btwn the two in the class room when he first meets his wife. i know ive seen her in other things but this is the best shes looked. my only real criticism is the ending was a bit weak. i almost dont wanna watch the other 2 seasons now for fear of disappointment.

Facts season 3 was dope, just got around to watching it/binged in two days. Excellent acting across the board.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Finished the rewatch. Am now prepared for S4 :ehh:

The acting was out of the world this season but low-key, S2 gained some ground for me (not sure if I would move it above S3). The latter had much of a better watch on the 2nd go around. Just needed to chop some of that dialogue, and pulls one of the character/plot string back a bit. This one was a little boring, almost mundane at times (and no I was not hoping for some secret cult or ring or shootout or whatever)