TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i would have to disagree only in that the movie was basically a remake of the first two episodes of the show with a few modern/updated changes of course. I believe fans of the show may have expected more of the flashy/dazzle that made it so popular in the 80s but Mann went a far more darker, grittier tone route that i personally enjoyed. yes the asian romance story wasn't that good but its a guilty pleasure i still enjoy to this day. soundtrack is great too and cinematography was as well. but i feel where ya comin from
Interesting. I never saw the first eps of the show. I liked the darker and grittier feel too. My biggest problems with the movie were actually the pacing. I thought it crawled to almost a halt for about 15-20 mins in the middle. But that's interesting what you said. I didn't know that.

BTW is that Farrell with the mask on at the end of this new teaser? it looks like him to me.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tell me which episode to start on.

I don't need to watch all that serial killer of the week stuff
NAH, you either watch the show, or you dont.

200.gif

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I gotta suggestion: when this shyt drops, we need 2 threads....1 with spoilers, 1 with no spoilers.....the first season's thread got kinda hectic and cats were going at each other's necks over everything(spoilers, speculations, just throwing shyt against the wall, etc.) lol...with 2 threads, we can run wild in one, be more tamed in the other, and it'll fall on each individual which one they check out...now I know it'll be hard to speculate in the non spoiler thread without giving some type of spoilers, but I think we'll be able to do a good job of keeping that to a minimum in that thread, and letting loose in the spoiler thread.....if it seems like someone crosses the line in the non-spoiler thread with too much info, their post should be edited/deleted or moved to the spoiler thread....

...just throwing shyt out there, cause I know when this drops, after every episode, it's gonna be deep in the thread with thoughts on the episode, speculation about what might happen, etc......

oh yea: yall gonna learn not to doubt vince Vaughn after this shyt...
The season 1 thread went from being awesome to being shyt once the only thing nikkas cared about was finding out who the Yellow King was. Each episode was packed with character development and themes to have genuine discussion about yet cats just wanted to get their Hardy Boys on instead of having good debate. If cats are tryna get their Law & Order game on in this season's thread, I'm gonna be ghost:camby:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The season 1 thread went from being awesome to being shyt once the only thing nikkas cared about was finding out who the Yellow King was. Each episode was packed with character development and themes to have genuine discussion about yet cats just wanted to get their Hardy Boys on instead of having good debate. If cats are tryna get their Law & Order game on in this season's thread, I'm gonna be ghost:camby:

I understand....think this season has a chance to be different cause there's no 'who done it?' we trying to figure out, we already know who the 'bad' guy is...so I think most of the discussions will have to be about the characters, themes, choices, etc....guess we'll find out...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
side note: all the cats bashing the trailer need to stop....the only difference between this and the first season's trailer is the dialogue....they both look like 'cop' shows, we just got to hear matt/woody talk, which was a huge selling point....I mean: when matt says 'the world needs bad men, we keep the other bad men from the door', and you saw they were cops, I was hooked...and then they kept adding to it with other lines like the 'monster at the end' line....that's the only thing this new trailer is missing...so to bash it off of looks saying it looks like a generic cop show, come on...that's just looking for a reason to set yourself up to not like the shyt without knowing anything...

Last edited:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
side note: all the cats bashing the trailer need to stop....the only difference between this and the first season's trailer is the dialogue....they both look like 'cop' shows, we just got to hear matt/woody talk, which was a huge selling point....I mean: when matt says 'the world needs bad men, we keep the other bad men from the door', and you saw they were cops, I was hooked...and then they kept adding to it with other lines like the 'monster at the end' line....that's the only thing this new trailer is missing...so to bash it off of looks saying it looks like a generic cop show, come on...that's just looking for a reason to set yourself up to not like the shyt without knowing anything...

well this isn't a full trailer, it's a teaser. Itd be more fair to compare both teasers

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I, and everybody else, has such high expectations. I'm guessing they won't be met (it's hard to follow up with such a great first season, especially with a new director). I still have hope though. It's HBO so it'll at least be 7/10 most likely

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm interested to see what the plan is to make this show thematically cohesive.

If it's the occult :scust:
If it's a "true" detective losing him or herself to a case :ehh:
If it's unreliable memories and narrators :obama:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
watched the first season and it was meh. So what's the hype really about ? :patrice:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn all these actors fukking suck...like legit. Except for Vince and that's mainly due to my love of Swingers and Old School.