hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've heard good things. Am I missing out? Only saw the first episode. Didn't think a basic cable show would be that good.

"Hannibal" is great. The first half of season one is :ld: after that it's incredible. The season 2 finale was my favorite episode of 2014, and a GOAT level episode in general.

Fred.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Also for people saying it looks like another detective show, remember this is the trailer for season 1.

Aside from the names attached looked like it could have been any cable cop drama :manny:

nah man, the trailer for season 1 looks like a movie

the trailer for season 2 looks like a cop show

but yeah, we shouldn't pre judge…just feast

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
I got a "wait and see" approach to this. The show runner did S1 so well because he's from Louisiana. He knows that story, that land, those people, etc. Can he do the same thing in a Cali setting, which has been done so many times by other detective shows?

:ohhh:

that's the first thing that stuck out to me. Do I really "want" to see another show about somewhere in California?

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
:banderas: Rachel is in it
she's one of the main reasons I am psyched for this, she looks like she's going to be a bit butch in this role which I am :patrice: about but it's new territory for her. No doubt she kills it
And the nikkas shytting on the casting of Vince Vaughan :ufdup:
:what: the only reason to questioning his casting is cuz he is a lame with the stink of being lame all his career. But all he needs to do is pull his best vincent d'onofrio impression and everyone is like :krs: who knew

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
fukk all the nikkas that where bytching about the casting. :ufdup:
has episode 1 leaked yet?cuz you can't possibly be using a trailer as validation
Farrell looking like he's reprising Detective Sonny Crockett with the mustache and hair…..
lol I was wondering why his look gave me a sense of 'ain't I seen that before' but I couldn't recall.
colin farrel lookin flabby and sick
Colin Farell lookin extra washed up
looks by design

Last edited:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
giphy.gif

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
It's gonna be so hard to top season one. From the acting to the dark story line. I'll give it a shot though just because its HBO and they don't do mediocre :birdman:

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
"Hannibal" is great. The first half of season one is :ld: after that it's incredible. The season 2 finale was my favorite episode of 2014, and a GOAT level episode in general.

Fred.

Tell me which episode to start on.

I don't need to watch all that serial killer of the week stuff

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
It's gonna be so hard to top season one. From the acting to the dark story line. I'll give it a shot though just because its HBO and they don't do mediocre :birdman:
I agree. I am not going to try to compare it to season1 in any way. They set the bar so high. I almost hope they do just go in the complete opposite way to avoid comparisons. I'm trying to just accept that even if it's not AS dope, doesn't mean that it's not dope.

It'll be interesting to watch a season where the villain (or at least one of them) is known ahead of time.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Tell me which episode to start on.

I don't need to watch all that serial killer of the week stuff

While Hannibal may be a slow burn type show and starts off slow, I recommend watching from start to finish. They do have a couple of killer of the week episodes but it's mainly about solving one case in particular which is established in the first episode.

If you skip any episodes you will probably end up confused.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
has episode 1 leaked yet?cuz you can't possibly be using a trailer as validation
lol I was wondering why his look gave me a sense of 'ain't I seen that before' but I couldn't recall.

looks by design
fukk u nikka. U about to eat crow:ufdup:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
images

Miami Vice Farrell returns. I know i may be in the minority but i thoroughly enjoyed Miami Vice. Farrell is gonna shine bright in this yall best get ready.

The biggest problem with Miami Vice was that it was called Miami Vice, and then had no resemblance to anything like Miami Vice. They should've just given the movie a generic action flick title. Cocaine Capital or something like that.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
The biggest problem with Miami Vice was that it was called Miami Vice, and then had no resemblance to anything like Miami Vice. They should've just given the movie a generic action flick title. Cocaine Capital or something like that.

i would have to disagree only in that the movie was basically a remake of the first two episodes of the show with a few modern/updated changes of course. I believe fans of the show may have expected more of the flashy/dazzle that made it so popular in the 80s but Mann went a far more darker, grittier tone route that i personally enjoyed. yes the asian romance story wasn't that good but its a guilty pleasure i still enjoy to this day. soundtrack is great too and cinematography was as well. but i feel where ya comin from