Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who is stanning in this thread tho? Only thing I see here is folks saying it was decent to good and that other people came into the show ready to hate cause it's not a direct sequel to the first. Look at the first teaser thread you had niccas hatin, even before then when the casting was announced niccas was hating. This shyt never had a fair shake and it won't for the entire season regardless of if it ends up on some masterpiece shyt.

For me personally I'm enjoyin this shyt. Don't even think of season 1. shyt might as well be called 3 emo cops not True Detective season 2.

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Not a bad opening episode as some you guys are making it out to be. Obviously Colin is already killing it. I'm gonna see how the rest of the season plays out before I can make an honest opinion for this season.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
The opening song :scust: the visuals were on point but the actual song dont think i will EVER get into, might just mute the damn thing and watch the opening :scust:

seems like TV is movin on up in their openings, making it a priority. Daredevils is :ahh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That intro song is WOAT status.

The acting was fine. A few of the lines fell completely flat though. Regardless it was a good start and it has my attention.

I wish this was season 1 because nobody would have any expectations. There's virtually no chance this gets a fair shake due to what came before it.

Fred.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mcadams looked like she had cakes

Yall want the gif or nah:shaq:?

:datazz:

MaleVioletBumblebee.gif

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Why don't you watch it and make up your own mind and not be a follower of what people say online.

I read what the people said online and watched it myself. What the people said online and my opinion are in agreement with each other...it was terrible :ld:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Or did she?.. The other cops wouldn't be making snide remarks if something didn't happen. He is about that life. Also fukk the taxman and his complaints. Stop running every thread with your bullshyt fukkboy. You don't like anything we get it.
breh... he's innocent as can be... there's no interpretation required

part 1... he pulls her over... blah blah blah... SHE basically says "we can go to my house (licks lips) and work something out" so this is her idea off top, implied or not... and they are right next to a busy road.. so to get the blowjob, they'd have to go somewhere right?

part 2... he's next in the office explaining his side... HE basically says "lady leaves to SCORE i pull her over, take her in, and she claims i did it because she didn't give up the blow job" boss says everyone asked him to stand by him... meaning they all know he's a great cop

so think about it... IF he did it... she offers him to follow, and he asks for the blowjob right there, and she says no?? that doesn't make sense since it was her idea

he follows her and then asks her for it... then she says no... well he'd have to get her car back to the original spot, get the drugs he found back into her car, then rearrest her and bring her in... that's definitely makes no sense

or he said no... arrested her, found the drugs.. and she is saying he asked for a blowjob, just to fukk him over... makes perfect sense seeing how he can't even get it up and none of the other cops even believe her for a second

the dikkhead cops are just clowning him.. he's obviously a loner and a little weird... if your boy had that shyt happen you might clown him a little too

but there's no scenario where he was lying.. we saw it happen

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:usure: Woody Harrelson and McCoughnabae were stronger indiviudally than this entire cast put together. Right off the bat they were more fascinating. I'm not interested in any of these characters other than Farrell. It's still super early but I think it's going to be apparent that McCoughnabae and Harrelson set the bar way too high.
you're coming repeat oscar nominees, where the first ep and most others were entirely focused on two characters, in a story that caught you up right off top

who's this murdered girl, what happened back then, what's happening now, what happened in between, what's this cult shyt, what's this show about... it pulled you right in

the second season is 55 minutes before you find out THERE IS EVEN A MURDER... you have no idea what you're being shown, why you're being shown this, or what it has to do with the story.. i mean what is the story? we still have no fukking clue... we just guessing on every single aspect besides names

so you can't come in off this ep, and even start to compare.. it's not gonna be the same type of show or pacing or plot... might as well think of this as a completely other title

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I found it OK, still hard to take Vince Vaughan serious

I said the same thing to my boy. When they showed him in his first scene I couldn't help but expect a funny one liner. I don't know if it's just my perception of him as strictly a comedic actor, but every line seemed somewhat forced from him. He wasn't terrible by any means though, and I think, or at least hope, that it'll get easier to take him serious as the season goes on.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ewwwwwwww:huhldup:

these muthafukkas just show up to the scene bent and shyt :lolbron:

maaaaaaan fukk the police!:birdman:
You know it's fukked up when the sanest cat there was just going 100MPH on a motorcycle with the lights off

Season 1 had an overarching murder mystery that involved hick cults, mutilation, child rape and murder wrapped up in a high government/elitist conspiracy. Swamps shots and scenes that hung on creepy deep south rural homes made sense, as well as the ominous music. It added to the sense of foreboding that was already present due to the show's subject matter.

S2 doesn't even come close to that shyt. It looks and sounds like one of those cheap horror flicks that uses we did camera angles and creepy music to sell its horror flick legitmancy. S2 is like someone saw s1 the was paid to copy it just enough to avoid plagiarism. I wouldn't be surprised if these aren't the same crew from s1.

long story short, shyts boring and I see right through it.
We didn't know all of that after the 1st episode though.