Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Yup, Starbucks drinking laptop reviewer fakkits been salivating at the thought of slamming Pizzolatto for this new season. They mad as fukk.

This was a real solid opening. There was a lot of exposition but it was needed. It looks like there's going to be four main characters in this story so we need to find out as much as we can about them early on before the case starts to unfold.

People saying there are a bunch of Rust knock offs must have been watching another show. None of these people are like Rust. Colin's character has a lot of the typical detective tropes (drinking problem, coke habit, ex-wife, kid isn't his etc) but he played it well. I never felt like "oh I've seen this all before." He's making it his so far.

Taylor has PTSD most likely and is in a state of depression.

Rachel, who looks good as fukk I might add :noah: , has some family problems and is a little wild in the after hours but beyond that she came off as being pretty straight laced.

I don't mind Vince Vaughn in this at all. In fact, I welcomed it because I've always felt he looks like a smug a$$hole and now he gets to play one. :obama:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I get being fans and I could even understand such committed defending of last season because that was amazing from jump street but it seems a bit overblown just because not everyone loved that first episode.
on some foreal shyt...
i got in at about 4:45pm today and watched it again
this is a REALLY good show
(SO FAR)
I dont know... im just a sucker for those multiple stories in one type joints
so im all in with this
and they keep alotta shyt so vauge
so you HAVE to ask mad questions
its some good shyt imo :yeshrug:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I get being fans and I could even understand such committed defending of last season because that was amazing from jump street but it seems a bit overblown just because not everyone loved that first episode.
Same thing happened in the Saul thread...

nikkas stan too damn hard and refuse to admit when somethings weak...

I loved the first season from episode one but this was a real weak opening to season 2...

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
was a decent first episode...bit of a mess.

i'm trying not to mention season 1 to much or compare them but this opener didn't pull you in the way the first episode of the first season did.
it left you wanting more, this one...not so much.

Fukunaga will most likely be the thing we'll miss the most in the transition from one to two.

i didn't have any doubts over McAdams or Farrell..they delivered...Kitsch, we'll see how he does when it gets to the heavier stuff.
Vince got handed some poor dialogue..that "when your hungry..don't even eat" quote or whatever it was was bad.

scene at that kids house was :lolbron:

i hated that scene at the bar with the singer and Vince and Colins stares..it looked so forced and awkward...felt more like a skit about True Detective.
it really was like a terrible music video when they try to be cinematic....awful.

also, Rachel has a cute little ass on her.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Ep was aight not bad at all First seasons was much better tho, it set the blueprint for the rest of the season, u know what u was gon get with the mystery and shyt still sprinkled so youre interested in what happens next. It was very layered but not all over the place like this ep. Matthew and Woody u could already tell after ep 1 was on they shyt and i dont see any character on this show developing into GOAT TV characters like my boys:yeshrug: Paul Woodrugh seem like he will be the best character by far but he has potential with his backstory
i was hesitant about this b/c of the whole cliche LA cop theme, the occult mystery of season 1 just did it for me, it was different and the execution at least. Im open minded tho ill keep watching. 1st season built up and peaked in its 2nd act dropped off in the last act, last few eps but it was still great. Maybe this season will just see a steady climb:obama: