pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Nah, that's not what I got. I think they just gave him a name and an address. Also, any one notice that Vince's creepy side kick has red hair? Maybe that whole thing wasn't quite as it seems :mjpls:

Good catch breh. We don't know what the mom looks like, but that photo of the suspect definitely didn't have red hair.
Interesting.

Rachel McAdams, needs to cut those witchy moles of her face. Borderline scust status.
I bet she wanted to fukk ol'boy with a strap on.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: It's like you nikkas forget how boring the Season 1 premiere also was.

:usure: Woody Harrelson and McCoughnabae were stronger indiviudally than this entire cast put together. Right off the bat they were more fascinating. I'm not interested in any of these characters other than Farrell. It's still super early but I think it's going to be apparent that McCoughnabae and Harrelson set the bar way too high.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The crack fiend that collin hushed was that mexicans woman's missing sister right?
That's who it looked like.

I get bad vibes whenever I see Frank's wife......I foresee some adultery later on in the season. Some form of betrayal.

Last edited:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Damn breh, are you a producer, director, or took film school classes in LA or NY breh?:mjlol:
No I just like to know why I don't like something. I said it was boring a couple guys showed their bruised vaginas. I explained my criticisms in detailed (I come to find out critics and other unsatisfied views have said nearly the same things), and ya still lifting ya skirts. Sounds like you guys are the problem:francis:

Crown Bearer

heavy is the head...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn, word to @DPresidential
Is it me or that missing girl from the evicted house is the same girl that motorcycle cop is smashing?
I thought so too at first, but i watched it again this morning and it's not her.

This is still HILARIOUS :dead:

so much fukkery. When he tells ASS-PEN "you're only 12 years old and you're already evil as fukk" :russ: and the "fukk. YOU." at the end has me :laff:. Velcoro is father of the year material :wow:

Also, any one notice that Vince's creepy side kick has red hair? Maybe that whole thing wasn't quite as it seems :mjpls:

Good catch breh. We don't know what the mom looks like, but that photo of the suspect definitely didn't have red hair.
Interesting.
I wonder if Vince masterminded the whole thing so he'd have cop in his back pocket

Daps
Vince Vaughn is such a shytty actor. He isnt believable in this role. That's my only compliant otherwise I'm liking everyone else's character and I think this season is off to a good start

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

Guess your mom ain't tell u about me

I'm the pappi

:umad:

Take your ass to bed and don't get your lebrons jacked u fat little p*ssy

fixed :lolbron:

The online reaction to this in some places is ridiculous. People WANT to hate this season.

Like, when a fukk boy writes eye rolling embarrasing bullshyt like this as soon as it ends

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/21/8822159/true-detective-premiere-recap-season-2

Dudes just nit picking shyt and his list is just desperation for clicks. Nobody writes that without an agenda going into it.

Thats why I cant take tv critics serious.

All them fakkits as vox can :camby:, They were so butt hurt over the sansa wedding that they bashed every GoT episode after that :aicmon:

JohnB

Pro
Daps
So yall think Colin bout to help out Vince and intentionally fukk up the case so the two other cops wont know?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The first episode is honestly kind of a mess, and I predict will set the bar for the rest of the season.....Somehow, it's exactly the way I thought it would be, washed out and grim, very cliche and worn plot wise, and the strain of Pizzaloto writing this mostly on his own really shows.....Colin Farrell and Rachel Mcadams offer the most compelling performances, though I have seen this from Farrell before, his Ray Vescoro is just Sonny Crockett from 'Miami Vice' (2006) and the out of control cop from 'Pride & Glory' (2008), complete with ski masks and hilariously profane and expertly delivered threats.....Mcadams is in new territory, and it suits her.

The dialouge all around ranges from thin, to flat out bad....Farrell gets the most mileage out of his. Vaughn falls almost completley flat, though there is only so much even a great actor can do with lines like 'This will not stand....fukk that'. And the rest of the clunkers that kill any hint of menace we may have been able to gain from his character, who is cliched to the point of nausea. A gangster turning straight. What kind of gangster exactly? The show isn't sure. Russian? Italian? I don't know. And it doesn't really matter.

I loved the score, and the brooding intro and outro are probably too overbearing, I liked them regardless. The direction is competent, but mostly uninspired...lots of overhead shots don't substitute for artistic vision. I liked David Morse, Taylor Kitsch less so....his character arc and story is another broad cliche, the damaged veteran coping with sexuality, PTSD, and substance abuse. Oh, and fast motorcycles. This is near parody levels of cliche. The whiskey soaked bars, the ominous lines of advice tossed off by Vaughn, Farrell hitting a few lines with his greasy bar food, and glowering at whomever attempts to take his whiskey.

It's messy and uninspired, dull and listless, grim and bleak......and nowhere near the first season, which is fine, we don't judge it that way. On it's own, it's a well produced, badly written, well acted mess of a cop show, with enough going for it I will keep watching, but I don't feel compelled or excited.

* That VOX list was over the top, I'd say there were 15 or so that were noteworthy, the rest is padding.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:usure: Woody Harrelson and McCoughnabae were stronger indiviudally than this entire cast put together. Right off the bat they were more fascinating. I'm not interested in any of these characters other than Farrell. It's still super early but I think it's going to be apparent that McCoughnabae and Harrelson set the bar way too high.
Let the show breathe a lil bit nikka shyt
:dahell:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Colin Farrell as Ray Velcoro was great.
Rachel McAdams' character showed potential.
I had no interest in anything Taylor Kitsch's character was doing until they showed his sexy girlfriend in her panties.
Vince Vaughn should not have been cast on this show. He is totally out of place and distracts me every time he is on screen.
Also this first episode took way too long giving us glimpses into the 4 main characters lives before getting to the primary storyline beat for the season. The only character whose personal life was worth spending an hour getting familiar with was Farrell's because Ray Velcoro is fukking awesome.
HQrsWb0.gif

And I really missed the lushly bold visual style of Season 1 cinematographer Adam Arkapaw. He made the first season of True Detective into one of the most beautiful shows on TV.