ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Dope first episode.... the story will "Sprawl"....I just don't see Vince as a gangster trying to go legit idk why, but who knows, the ppl at HBO know more about this shyt than i do lol

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
That was a 9.5/10 episode.

Dudes had there negative reviews already typed up before they even watched the episode then just added details after.

Colin is going to kill it this season. Vince is doing fine. Its clear some people here literally only know him from his comedies and didnt watch his films pre-old school. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with his performance so far, YOU just can't seperate the actor from his more famous roles because you made your mind up before you saw one scene.

That scene with the eerie chick folk song was just pure true detective.
Agreed. My only concern this season was Taylor and it looks like he might not even be bad, it looks like he will have an interesting character.

One gripe I do kind of agree with is from one the guy earlier that said all Rachael and Taylor's characters kind of seem like off shoots of Colin. A little more variety in terms of their personalities would be welcome but that obviously should come with more than 60 minutes of introduction.

Another small gripe is it seemed like they cut from scenes too quickly, I wanted to see a little more sometimes.

Overall it looks like they managed to capture that dark feeling from the first season and all those negative reviews were BS. Colin is gonna have this season lit with fukkery.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
First episode was dope to me. Set nicely. Collin with the random drunken madness, Taylor with his cues, and Ms Adams looking nice as a sleasy cop. Cant wait to see what creep overtones they are going to explore. Plus the fact that I cant remeber but I think one of the main characters rode right pass ol boy who was Weekend At Bernie's-ing it in the passenger seat. Fun storytelling.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Rachel McAdams is a rape victim herself :sas1:

Bet you ain't peep that :sas2:

Idk, I thought about that, but the way dude was talking whatever her fetish is seems way too obscure to just be a run of the mill rape fantasy. I feel like a lot of women have some sort of a rape fantasy, duke was reacting like that shyt came way out of left field.........................Or maybe I'm just messing with fukked up females :ohhh:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Colin fukking up lil dudes father was classic :mjlol:

Im a little lost on the dude they found on the bench.Gotta watch the episode again cause i feel like I missed alot of shyt

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
"i'll come back and butt-fukk your mother" :damn:
Butt fukk your father WITH your mother's headless corpse.

:damn:

As far as ep 1 goes, I really wish I hadn't read a review of the episode, because it kinda fukked it up for me.I read just 1 review, but it planted some seeds for negative thoughts. The review said some of the dialogue was cringe-worthy, like "The highway suits me", "I welcome judgement", "Never do anything out of hunger, not even eating",and "This is my least my favorite life", etc.

So when I heard those lines it made me kind of laugh a little, but overall I liked it. I liked the car scene where McAdams shut down any conversation type of call-back to season 1.

I'm trying real hard not to compare anything to season 1. I'll watch again. Some of the dialogue was real quiet in certain parts. Like, I didn't catch that the kid was born 9 months after the rape. I missed a couple of things that Vince said at his big event.

Should be a cool season. Critics are saying it's overly cynical and dark, but isn't that kind of the point of the show?

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Colin fukking up lil dudes father was classic :mjlol:

Im a little lost on the dude they found on the bench.Gotta watch the episode again cause i feel like I missed alot of shyt

Same goes for me on both counts man.

Pretty sure the dude on the bench was the missing person's house that they went through that had all of the sexual art and dikk statues in it, where the other detective said, "If I die, go ahead and burn my shyt!"

So everyone kinda collision coursed I think? Colin's character was investigating the missing person who became the dead body, the dead guy maybe owed money to Vince Vaughn, or is somehow related money-wise, Taylor's character found the body on his part of the highway, and then McAdams I guess got called to the scene? Not sure if she's a homicide detective or not.

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
LOLLLL @ Colin Farrell being a fukking MANIAC and beating that dad with brass knuckles i was dying watching this. after it was over and we went to bed i started laughing at the audaciousness of this ridiculous character :lolbron: i cannot wait till next week :pachaha: