Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
From the moment Frank said goodbye to his wife, I knew both he and Ray were done. It reminded me of 'Set it off', especially the very end lol
OMG, I thought I was the only one who thought the ending was slimiar to Set it off :russ:

Ray going out like Queen Latifah character in that movie :dead:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Finally finished it, season was weak. It had a good premise but was horribly executed. The only character I kind of cared for was Ray. I didn't care that Frank and his wife couldn't get pregnant. I didn't care that the gay cop was gay. Rachel McAdams wasn't believable and every time she said fukk I shook my head because it came off so forced. The dialogue for most of the show was horrible, especially Frank. Outside of Ray, I just didn't give a shyt about the characters and their back stories.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
It wasn't that open and shut there was still the last scene of mcadams in the hotel room handing over the evidence to a cop or reporter signalling there was still a chance for justice

Ps anyone find the last scene a little forced (no more than most of the season) just felt real feminist(y) which is overplayed these days. Those characters didn't really need to meet though I found it neat having being both actors never shared a scene in Sherlock holmes either

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This season was the perfect example of why u should watch some shows weekly and drop out if a few eps dont catch you. I couldnt imagine wasting a day marathoning this shyt. Catching Mcadams in thong was the only reason i held on so long

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
1uwnVxE.jpg

:dead::dead:
I literally :deadrose::deadrose::deadrose::deadrose: at this son. A short way of breaking down this fukked up season.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
just finished this shyt:mjlol:

the chick playing the detective is just horrible the whole season:mjlol:

bytch cant act for shyt
trying to be mysterious and hard:mjlol:

the gay cop has been horrible in every movie and tv show ever

they overdid tht plot and yet it was missing cohesiveness

this was boring and a rambling mess

i wished the 2 chicks would have got killed too

no character deserved to make it

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
lol i came to same conclusion as most in this thread.. and never read anything in here till tonight

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
you know the worst part of this season...........

woody and matt said they would come back months before casting.... just think about that for a second :mjcry:
:duck: it was always going to be an anthology series from the jump. Unless you are saying they would return as different characters which given the premise that would be redundant

Nice try though

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:duck: it was always going to be an anthology series from the jump. Unless you are saying they would return as different characters which given the premise that would be redundant

Nice try though
Shut up little nikka

From vanity fair

But after all the accolades from Season 1, McConaughey’s attitude is a little different:

I liked True Detective, the whole series and the experience of making it, so much that I’d be open to doing another one now. At the time, I was looking at six months and not beyond that. I don’t know of a feature film I’d sign for where I’m going to say, “If this works, you’ve got me whenever you want me for the next three years.”

Then after that it was reported that woody said he'd come back too. But it was already decided they wanted this other shyt

Point was HBO or the creater could have thrown season 2 in the bushes and just went along with what they had

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Just finished this off last night. I didn't mind this season, there was some good points and some really bad points.
The problem is that the bad points completely out weight the good points to me.

That ending was terrible. How frank and Ray just became complete idiots at the end was :mindblown: to me.
They had this big plan, carried it out to get the money, and even had a good getaway and all of a sudden they get complacent and get caught up.
Ray driving away not trying to avoid them, him even getting in the car was crazy to me.
fukk it should have just been a bomb instead of transponder so we didn't have to sit and watch that pathetic "chase" scene. Where he decides to drive in to a dense forrest. Where he ended up doing a decent job taking a couple guys out then decides to go cowboy for the last couple guys?
SMH

I didn't mind Rachel in this. Frank was up and down(mostly up imo) Ray was the strongest. Taylor was decent but the character was pointless, and again his death was a let down the way it happened.

The story though.....I was expecting way more dark shyt, more twists, and just overall more DETECTIVING.

6.5/10
still gonna check for season 3 though