beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I have a feeling there was some serious late in the game re-writing going on. Why name Rachel McAdams Antigone if she isn't going to be involved in the Oedipus aspect of the story? Why involve Caspere, Pitlor and Chessani with Antigone's father and the commune at all? It didn't advance the plot. It was just another stupid coincidence in a story that already had way too many.

I suspect the backstory to the main plot went something like this:

1. Antigone and her brother are the kids at the jewellry store robber. They are both Caspere's illegitmate kids.
2. The cops who did the robbery on Caspere's orders find the kids and rather than kill them they drop them off - Ani at the commune, Brother at a foster home
3. Ani gets raped at the commune, leaves and becomes a cop working for Vinci
4. Early in her career she has a relationship with Caspere because he is powerful and she has repressed issues
6. Her brother has been investigating the parents murder his entire life (he is a few years older).
7. He kills Caspere
8. Ani is the cop working the case and she uncover all of this over the course of the season

this would have made it more interesting. good shyt.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Well, people weren't watching The Wire when it first came out and if they tell you they did they are lying (P.S. to the 10 people that actually watched, don't come in here saying "I did".....you are the exception)

Secondly, season 2 of The Wire is only considered trash by dummies. There is nothing worse about season 2 in terms of writing/directing/acting than any other season. Perhaps the plot is less interesting, and perhaps some of the best characters didn't get enough screen time, but everything else was top notch television

There is no comparison to True Detective season 2 which fails in virtually every aspect when compared to other so called "great" shows

If anything, you can say that TD Season 2 was The Wire's Season 5. But Season 2? :francis: Nah

I have a different take on S2 of The Wire. It's still my least favorite, but the first episode of The Wire I saw was in Season 2 where Ziggy gets his car torched. So I probably started like halfway through season 2 and I thought it was great. I remember Method Man was on the screen when I flipped the channel, and that was one of the reasons I stayed on it.

But then later on when I saw season 1-5 I thought it stuck out of place, but since I started watching the show during it, I actually liked it a lot.

I never thought about it like that. The Wire S2 is definitely people's least favorite, along with 5, but the favorite characters just aren't the focus. TD S2 was definitely a big step down.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I have a different take on S2 of The Wire. It's still my least favorite, but the first episode of The Wire I saw was in Season 2 where Ziggy gets his car torched. So I probably started like halfway through season 2 and I thought it was great. I remember Method Man was on the screen when I flipped the channel, and that was one of the reasons I stayed on it.

But then later on when I saw season 1-5 I thought it stuck out of place, but since I started watching the show during it, I actually liked it a lot.

I never thought about it like that. The Wire S2 is definitely people's least favorite, along with 5, but the favorite characters just aren't the focus. TD S2 was definitely a big step down.
Season 2 of the wire is phenomenal. The people saying its not a good season are the same people that say they fast forward the cops scenes. They want to say the wire is the goat but completely missed the point of the show.

teacher

All Star
Daps
Finale was probably my favorite episode kinda sorta tied things up....the guys who died had to they were all demonic...that one cop was the only 'pure' one

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Mr Robot thread is good right now, I don't need a bunch of people complaining about shyt:francis:
Yes, thank you..... I cringe a bit inside everytime I see Fred tell some random to start watching it, knowing the thread has potential to turn to complete shyt in the future

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yes, thank you..... I cringe a bit inside everytime I see Fred tell some random to start watching it, knowing the thread has potential to turn to complete shyt in the future
Just wait till I get in there:skip:

I'm holding out for now because I am still on episode 5, but so far I'm looking at the "best show" shyt like:martin:

People really gonna try and say that this shyt is better than Hannibal?:martin:

Its good though. I will hold out on that thread until I catch up completely

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm holding out for now because I am still on episode 5, but so far I'm looking at the "best show" shyt like:martin:

Ive enjoyed it more than Hannibal this season and as you prob know, Im a huge Hannibal fan :yeshrug:

Daps

Mr. Robot > :gurl: > The Leftovers.

Daps
did people think 2 was trash when it came out? i didnt watch it live

i didnt mean the actual show, just the consensus

I watched it live (stfu @Adam3000 :mjpls:), but I didn't discuss it online. From my circle of friends watching it, the general feeling was one of disappointment and disgust because it felt like they were white-washing the show. Something we've seen all too often in the entertainment industry. We watched week to week and the characters we came to love in the first season seemed to be being phased out. That didn't sit well with us. There weren't complaints about quality of the writing or the story or the acting (though Ziggy is just an incredibly annoying character :pacspit:).

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Well+done+gotta+say+_1b1d423fea4c2f22536ca41ead321b35.gif

Pretty much. The story was complex, cluttered and dense but I enjoyed the show for what it was.

I've been one of defenders of this season and it was a mess but it was interesting enough to keep me around for the past 7 weeks. I liked the mystery of it but don't ask me explain the plot (I've seen a few of those on blogs already). Colin did great, Rachel did great, Vince grew on me but his scenes with his wife were dragging. Taylor's character was a mistake, I can't defend that. I also can't defend that ending with Ani, Jordan and Nails with the baby (I originally thought it was Paul and Emily's kid). That was terrible. Yeah I could've been like others and nitpick every damn detail but that's what blog posts on The Chive are for.

I hope Nic takes his time with the next season or at least tries to mend ties with Cary or bring in another writer. I hope he learned from this sub-par season and comes back with some piff. Take your time Nic. I didn't mind the story being more complicated, made it fun to try and figure everything out.

This season was still better than most network shows. Give it a year or two and it might be heralded as a cult classic.
22066_no-tv-smh-oprah-winfrey.gif